It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of IMF team to Ireland says a way will be found for an EU superstate, whether the people like i

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Watching a debate programme tonight, an Irish TD, Stephen Donnelly said that while he was at an economic meeting at the weekend, Ajai Chopra, head of the IMF team to Ireland, said Ireland will end up ceding more sovereignty to the EU. Donnelly said he couldn't believe that this wasn't even challenged at the meeting, and when he asked what if the people don't agree with heading towards an EU federal superstate, Chopra said a way will be found regardless. Also, a member of the government party was completely at odds with the official party line, and saying that Ireland needs to get a haircut like Greece.
To get an idea of who Donnelly is, he would be considered to the right, and is probably one of the most educated members of the Dail, he was educated in Harvard I believe, and spoke a lot of sense on the programme. I repeat should be up tomorrow on tv3.ie for anyone interested.
edit on 17/10/2011 by MortlitantiFMMJ because: Hit enter by mistake

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There'll probably be car bombs going off like popcorn in places like Brussels and Berlin in the not to distant future.Irish republicans have in the past attacked army bases in Germany, over the issues in the North of Ireland. Imagine how they might react to having the rest of their Island confiscated.
If Irish paramilitaries act up, I wouldn't be surprised if ETA start up again, not to mention the other paramilitary organisations around Europe. This could lead to mayhem, not that the beaurocrats give a damn, apart from Nigel Farage and a handful of others who trying to hit the brakes on the european Crazy Train.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

This suggests the door to recovery and prosperity opens and stays open only if there are major concessions on sovereignty in the passage to a one Federal Europe super state, like it or not, the IMF sez so. Scary!
Perhaps that doctrine is going to apply to all the financially troubled EU states that need to paper over the holes in their financies. That could be more countries than we know of, they will be assimilated or hung out to dry.
Wasn't a united Europe an idea originating from the Nazis, allegedly to prevent inter-European war?
NWO, EU sub division ?

No, it won't work.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyinghaggis

Call me paranoid but from where I'm standing it kinda looks like where military force failed to unite Europe (numerous times), economic undermining might succeed.Debase a nation's economy enough and it's people will jump through whatever hoops are neccessary, in order to stop the (induced) rot.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here's a link to the show, around 20 minutes in is where he talks about Chopra
tv3.ie...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Ajai Chopra, head of the IMF team to Ireland, said Ireland will end up ceding more sovereignty to the EU. Donnelly said he couldn't believe that this wasn't even challenged at the meeting

The current operations of integrating governments, ceding power and austerity has a "ring" that reminds me of the Khmer Rouge. While the Khymer sought the immediate destruction of higher society and a return to agrarian ways, the EU and the US are doing the same thing ...... only a lot slower.

join