It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batelle Corporation, "Nitinol", Wright-Patterson, & Roswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A research study that has recently been obtained through FOIA offers stunning confirmation that Wright-Patterson Air Force base contracted Battelle Memorial Institute to analyze material from a crashed UFO at Roswell in 1947. Remarkably, the co-author of this very metals study is the same scientist who decades ago had confessed that he had examined extraterrestrial metal from a crashed UFO while he was a research scientist at Battelle! This just-received document also reveals that another one of its metallurgist authors reported directly to a Battelle scientist who was conducting secret UFO studies for the USAF. It appears that the study represents first-ever attempts in creating highly novel and advanced Titanium alloys. Some of these alloys were later associated with the development of "memory metal" of the type reported as crash debris at Roswell.

Battelle Article

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Found the same article, word for word on another blog from 2009.

Blog

Why would your source site repost the same old article from two years ago? Also, they post the title page of the foia material, but not the entire report?

Something smells rotten.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I've read that the first two reports have been impossible to locate, by both Battelle historians and personnel at WPAFB

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thanks for this good interesting thread. It confirms my belief in the late witness June Crain, a civillian employee of the military who handled a piece of that anomalous metal.
General George Shulgen's name is stamped on a controversial (leaked?) CIA memo signed by James Angleton, in regards to wiretaps on Marilyn Monroe's Kennedy/ufo careless talk.

It appears to me, that all the big conspiracis, JFK, Roswell, NWO. PTB, Illuminati, even...9-11, are all connected.
Basically, to keep humanity oppressed. But why.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
Thanks for this good interesting thread. It confirms my belief in the late witness June Crain, a civillian employee of the military who handled a piece of that anomalous metal.
General George Shulgen's name is stamped on a controversial (leaked?) CIA memo signed by James Angleton, in regards to wiretaps on Marilyn Monroe's Kennedy/ufo careless talk.

It appears to me, that all the big conspiracis, JFK, Roswell, NWO. PTB, Illuminati, even...9-11, are all connected.
Basically, to keep humanity oppressed. But why.

"Thanks for this good interesting thread. It confirms my belief in the late witness June Crain, a civillian employee of the military who handled a piece of that anomalous metal.

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to post only interesting and thought-provoking ideas. Thanks for including June Crain in your post. I find her very interesting!

'

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Researching titanium based alloys for oxygen content is just not that spectactular. However these scientists that have done these types of research are the one trying to spill the beans? Or maybe....they come upon something new and really cool then use the UFO movement to make a name for themselves.

IDK...the link is there but just very sketchy IMO.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
For the benefit of folks new to this field Philip Corso's highly controversial book which is available free on the internet is vitally important background reading for this topic.

The Day After Roswell by Philip Corso

But hidden beneath everything I did, at the center of a double life I led that no one knew about, and buried deep inside my job at the Pentagon was a single file cabinet that I had inherited because of my intelligence background. That file held the army’s deepest and most closely guarded secret: the Roswell files, the cache of debris and information an army retrieval team from the 509th Army Air Field pulled out of the wreckage of a flying disk that had crashed outside the town of Roswell in the New Mexico desert in the early morning darkness during the first week of July 1947.

*snip*

In 1961, regardless of the differences in the Roswell story from the many different sources who had described it, the top-secret file of Roswell information came into my possession when I took over the Foreign Technology desk at R&D. My boss, General Trudeau, asked me to use the army’s ongoing weapons development and research program as a way to filter the Roswell technology into the main stream of industrial development through the military defense contracting program.

Today, items such as lasers, integrated circuitry, fiberoptics networks, accelerated particle beam devices, and even the Kevlar material in bulletproof vests are all commonplace. Yet the seeds for the development of all of them were found in the crash of the alien craft at Roswell and turned up in my files fourteen years later.
SOURCE: Introduction to Corso - The Day After Roswell
edit on 18/10/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Found the same article, word for word on another blog from 2009.

Blog

Why would your source site repost the same old article from two years ago? Also, they post the title page of the foia material, but not the entire report?

Something smells rotten.

That is odd. I emailed the JFS publisher inquiring why the entire report was not included in the blog. I also asked if the entire report was available for review.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
Researching titanium based alloys for oxygen content is just not that spectactular. However these scientists that have done these types of research are the one trying to spill the beans? Or maybe....they come upon something new and really cool then use the UFO movement to make a name for themselves.

IDK...the link is there but just very sketchy IMO.

Sure, in 2011 titanium-based alloys aren't that impressive, but in 1947 titanium-based research was probably pretty significant with plenty of implications, particularly of value in military and space matters. Although titanium was discovered in 1791, large quantities of titanium were not available to U.S. scientists for research & development. When Lockheed was building the Blackbird, the CIA had to operate "front" companies to get enough of it shipped into the United States because the Soviet Union was a major supplier of the precious metals.

"...In the USA, the Department of Defense realized the strategic importance of the metal[34] and supported early efforts of commercialization. Throughout the period of the Cold War, titanium was considered a Strategic Material by the U.S. government..."

Here are a few of titanium's "spectacular" properites:
-corrosion resistance
-paired easily with other alloys (significance in missles, jet engines, & aerospace)
-high strength-to-weight ratio
-hard, non-magnetic, & poor conductor of heat and electricity
-biocompatible (body doesn't reject)

So I would counter and say, yes, titanium was pretty spectacular in the 1940's, especially with the advent of both the Cold War and Space Race. The pure logistics of importing and utilizing titanium from and against the Russians was particularly spectacular.

Thanks for the reply and keep 'em coming! Cheers!!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So this isn't "just received" and there is no evidence from the original company that this report was created?

hmmmm sounds very fishy to me!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stratsys-sws
So this isn't "just received" and there is no evidence from the original company that this report was created?

hmmmm sounds very fishy to me!

Cheers

Robbie

There is a lot of "fishiness" in the U.S. when it comes to the military, government, and private defense contractors. These firms are not subject to FOIA requests so it difficult to say what is factual or "on the books."

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Have you guys seen or heard about Nitinol?

Very interesting stuff, and it has been around for some time.

new topics

top topics

join