It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Of You That Have Been Touched In A Bad Place By George Lucas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I wanted to share this t-shirt design with you all. It was made by Joel Watson over at Hijinks Ensue...

hijinksensue.com...

George touched me in a bad place when he had the Jedi lying to little boys in episode 1.

The whole midichlorians thing caused a fair amount of trauma as well.

How about you? It's OK, you can talk about it. This is a safe place for you to discuss your feelings.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
George touched me in a bad place when C3PO and R2D2 didn't remember the identity of Darth Vader

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When he cast Hayden Christensen, the worst actor ever.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's a toss up between Hayden Christensen and jar jar.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

When the cute little innocent boy became the evil villian.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

George touched me in a bad place when C3PO and R2D2 didn't remember the identity of Darth Vader

Yes, precisely. We all carry these wounds from George. Mine were inflicted when I was 10, so I understand, my friend.

So how did that make you feel?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

When the cute little innocent boy became the evil villian.

Yes, George seemed to be working out his own path in life when he decided to do that to the script. This must somehow reflect how George sees himself, a good little boy that grew up to be evil and bloated.

I am sorry for the way he wounded you.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Yes, Jar Jar was a travesty. I don't know why George is so resentful of the people of the Caribbean Islands. He must have become bitter from finding pissed off Star Wars fans there, too.

Oh, George.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So how did that make you feel?

Mad, scared, but mostly I just felt betrayed. Why- i would ask myself late at night. Why would he do that? Why didn't they remember?

I didn't get it. How could he do this? It didn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Best as I can tell he did it on purpose. People like to think that he had the whole story sewn up. I doubt it. But I will share a weird little detail. Back in 78-79 my uncle was really in to the Star Wars thing and everyone was speculating on the back story. He told me all those years ago that Vader became the way he was because the Jedi had thrown him in a volcano (!). Pretty accurate for way back then. So Lucas may have had the framework down. But I think that he moved forward without having the advisement of Joseph Campbell any longer and he just did not know what to do.

And in his not knowing he became bitter and in his bitterness he became resentful and then he Did It On Purpose.

Because he is evil.

That's my best guess.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I know man, i know.

The only solution i can think of is to DeStrOy ThE prEQueLS.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

this is so funny and clever!!!!

jar jar was a travesty all right!! I am still laughting at this thread, can't wait to see what others post!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am looking for the quotes now but am having trouble finding them.

Lucas knows exactly who we are. He doesn't care about the fans or what they think. He is actually bitter about the fact that people were critical which causes me to believe that he probably threw some stuff in there just to piss us off.

The worst thing that he ever did is cause the Jedi to no longer be Jedi. They are some kind of symbiotic organism and become much less interesting. They aren't humans that discovered something wonderful in themselves, they are humans that are infested with parasites.

Minos has a special room for Lucas in Dis.

"I thought Star Wars was too wacky for the general public."

George Lucas

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

edit on 16-10-2011 by Frater210 because: !

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
In another life, I was hurt because Vader lost to Doom... But that's another story...

I was hurt when Lucas said he had let the rumors of 3 prequels and 3 sequels run around when he had not planned 3 sequels...

We could have 3 more movies to be sorry about! I smell a rat, and I think he had 3 sequels ready, but George will wait another 20 years before making them, if ever...

It's a wound that will never , ever close...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

There is a small chance yet for recovery. All of us will be able to heal from this if we help one another.

I have taken mega doses of Firefly reruns and it seems to be helping. I would also suggest a daily regimen of Charles Stross or M. John Harrison novels but it should suit the taste of the individual.

If things get really bad we may have to move to intensive Tolkein Therapy. But one way or another, we will get through this. We have to take control of this sickness ourselves.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I tried to find comfort in sci-fi on television, but as soon as I watch a series, it soon gets cancelled.

Maybe I should become a tv executive, in a big place? And have that SW holiday special run at least twice a day?...

Part of the issue of achievement is to be able to set realistic goals, but that's one of the hardest things to do because you don't always know exactly where you're going, and you shouldn't.

...said the man who put all his money on one movie, betting The Empire would be a success... He should have done that with all of the other movies of the franchise...
edit on 16-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: To add this
art of the issue of achievement is to be able to set realistic goals, but that's one of the hardest things to do because you don't always know exactly where you're going, and you shouldn't.

edit on 16-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: Just wanted to add I don't where the smiley comes from...
( I mean the one from the other edit... )

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
George touched me in a bad place when he replaced puppety and small scale models with cheap Computer-generated imagery effects.. And yes that includes the Computer-generated imagery comedian jar jar

He made me turn to Startrek... as I love much more then Star Wars now
But it have not allways been like that George !

edit on 16-10-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I was telling my daughter recently how the ships were cooler made with the models than the CGIs!
You are a good person!!!

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

He made me turn to Startrek

Yes, me too. Thank god for all those episodes of next generation. They are at least as good at getting me to sleep at night as Original Trek episodes.

I would rather be trapped in a mountain cabin for a week with Wesley Crusher than spend 30 seconds with George Lucas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join