It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Evidence for a Creator? Are matter, space, and time infinite?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

In the Multiverse, Infinite Bang Theory, everything that could happen, already has happened, Bang, Bang, bang, Bang, Bang, Bang to infinity.
This being the Bang, Crunch Theory.

I know Hawking currently is on the Open Universe Path, which by that view is a dismale end to the Universe.

I am more inline with the Multiverse, with very strange things taking place in a more Mature Universe. Good Things.

The Universe seems to be evolving, from time of Bang to being more Complex.
edit on 16-10-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by sirnex

In the Multiverse, Infinite Bang Theory, everything that could happen, already has happened, Bang, Bang, bang, Bang, Bang, Bang to infinity.
This being the Bang, Crunch Theory.

I know Hawking currently is on the Open Universe Path, which by that view is a dismale end to the Universe.

I am more inline with the Multiverse, with very strange things taking place in a more Mature Universe. Good Things.

The Universe seems to be evolving, from time of Bang to being more Complex.
edit on 16-10-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

The universe doesn't appear to be expanding as the big bang model predicts to me. Especially when we discover that quasars show no time dilation as they should in an expanding universe. Perhaps our interpretation of supernova's showing expansion is a wrong interpretation!

I also don't adhere to the multiverse theory. It's completely unscientific, which makes it about as scientific as exclaiming blindly that god created the universe. It's just another mathematical toy that in theory if certain things are the way they are on paper then its possible to exist in physical reality but not certain to actually exist. It's like how the speed of sound used to be the fastest anything could move, until we realized we were yet again wrong. Math is nothing more than an interesting toy if it's not applied to known observations. A multiverse has never been observed to actually exist.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The OP video says that it is impossible for something to come from nothing, this is an assumption. This assumption assumes that there is something. Something can also be called matter, this video talks about matter as though it is something. Scientists have not actually found any matter as such, they are still looking for the Higgs boson particle, when they find it they will know (?????) what everything is made of. Until then talking about matter as though it is 'something' is very misleading.

Everything is made of nothing.
Emptiness is form.
So something never came from nothing and nothing has ever been created.
There is no space or time, it's just an illusion.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You are within here and now, you always are, because it is all there is, it is impossible to be any time or place other than that. In that space thoughts arise, a picture of tomorrow or yesterday is painted and the illusion of time is created, it is not true, but it is believed, an assumption gone unchecked.
There is no reality in time, time is no more than a thought.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You are within here and now, you always are, because it is all there is, it is impossible to be any time or place other than that. In that space thoughts arise, a picture of tomorrow or yesterday is painted and the illusion of time is created, it is not true, but it is believed, an assumption gone unchecked.
There is no reality in time, time is no more than a thought.

I'll agree with you here about time being an illusion and that we only exist within one tangible moment followed by a sequential series of moments and a remembrance of previous occurrences that give rise to an illusion of time.

However, I don't agree with your assertion that matter isn't something until they find the higgs boson. Matter is still indeed something, we're made of the stuff. The higss boson is only one possibility as to why matter has mass. As far as I know it's the only theory right now. This however doesn't mean it's correct and that some point down the road we may develop a new theory as to why something has mass.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Sorry, i didn't say that there is not a something until they find the Higgs boson, i am saying that they are looking for a particle they have named the Higgs boson and when they find it they will know what everything is made of. But i was being pedantic. Each time they find what they consider solid they look inside and find it is 99.99999% empty space
So what is the stuff that we are made of? What is anything made of?
If time does not exist, then space can't exist. If there is no depth to anything then no thing can be solid as such.
But there does seem to be something happening.
Something is happening or it looks that way.
A mirage, an illusion, an experience.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join