It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck on Occupy Wallstreet protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

He gets a lot of flak for being paranoid, but think of it this way. Same kind of protests happened in Egypt, albeit that example was far more legitimate, the organic protests opened the doors for hijackers to claim movement with no real civil peace in sight until another dictatorship takesover. For wallstreet and worldwide, these protests are driven by frustrations but expressed by a bunch of hippy art majors who have no demands; its obvious they are motivated by the need to collapse the system, only because their little minds know exactly they can never possibly contribute to a real solution to the crisis. Such pissants know how to do one thing and that is to wreck havoc just like the riots in london and yes there will be riots in US soon and lets hope there won't be clashes by different groups. Talking to the wallstreet protestors and their supporters about what their plan is and the only answer is to change the system completely and when asked about the inevitable consequences out of such revolutions; their answer is that they know things won't change overnight and their actions might will lead to violent strife as a result but due to the collapse after 50 or 100 years their vision of wealth distributed utopia will become reality. I don't know, that doesnt sound good to me. The first world are in a tough situation right about now, and if people can't get it together the NWO will belong to China or some secret industrialist behind the scenes. Democracy and freedom might be virtues of the past. What im saying is, while the intentions are indeed good for the most part at least in the endgame, nothing good can come out of this. Plenty of major bad things committed by humans throughout history were driven by good intentions too.
edit on 15-10-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Fix the link>

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really think you need to re-evaluate this statement and educate yourself a little about the movement.

these protests are driven by frustrations but expressed by a bunch of hippy art majors who have no demands;

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OH MY GOD ! Glenn is right ! I was at occupy toronto today and there were marxist groups!

Really ? they're paying people to protest against wall street ? jeeez please anonymous hack glenn's phone and get me his dealer's phone number

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Can already tell this guy is full of # because he was saying what O'reily wanted as there was no shut up or butting in trying to change the conversation. Isn't it funny they know any terrorist organisation will take credit for an attack but don't think certain groups would take credit for this. Isn't Glen Beck just seen as an idiot? I think he has sold his sole to get his followers to follow the agenda that is the future for us if we do nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The centralization of corporate power and money is what led to his. Period. The hippies didn't cause this mess. I just got back from our little walk, and the cops were smiling with us, and cars were beeping and cheering us on. No one was against what we were doing, and it felt good to be appreciated by real people who work hard and try their best to be decent and law abiding in spite of how terrible the situation that those banks and their crimes left us has been and continues to be. These folks know the truth about how we ended up so deep in over our collective heads in debt. They know that it was the Bush bailouts and the hijacking of our Treasury by big corporate money interests. They know that Obama can't fix anything on his own, and they're not as fooled by the GOP taking points as some of you people wish they were.

I live in the Midwest, and these folks are literally disgusted with the corporate Right and its media efforts to paint this movement as anarchism or communism or whatever the talking points are from day to day. They know that these kids are standing in for them - even if some of these kids have gotten wrapped up in the drama of it all, and lost their perspective from time to time. If the average Midwesterner is in full support of this movement, then you folks might want to pay attention to the PR impact your criticisms and accusations are having on the nation at large. Midwesterners aren't fickle, and they sure as hell aren't Liberal. And they never, ever forget. Especially on election day.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I know a lot of people think he is crazy, but he nailed it. I know his book used the Overton window and so there are ways in which it just makes sense for him to see this in terms of pushing perception far to the left so that a more moderate group can be brought in to bring about resolution, and, I read his book...
so it makes sense that I would see what he sees. That disclaimer given, I don't see how anyone can NOT see it.

This was staged. Check out smaller cities Occupy Facebook sites. If they haven't cleaned them up already there are fights about anarchy, etc. Then an OUT OF TOWN organizer sweeps in and carefully instructs the organic (and clueless in many instances) local organizer on how to make it happen. Makes them clean up their language, hands them talking points, etc. The great thing about a "revolution" that happens via social networking is that anyone can be in on the secret handshake. You don't even have to go to a rally to find out what they actually for real are about because they are right there online deciding it in real time.

Most of the people at the events are being duped. That doesn't mean that they are bad people. It also doesn't mean that I am against moving the Overton window back to the left: the right has taken things a bit too far and this may be the only way to move it back. But I am still uncomfortable with the anarchy and revolution statements.

And on the local sites, just plain old bad manners.....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Glen Beck is part of the mainstream elite. he never has said anything about the Corp welfare. and that's because he is a direct beneficiary of the status quo.. He knows when the banks have to operate there business like all the rest of us, its curtains for him.. + he has been proven so wrong so many times he is now just a CIRCUS act.. and everybody knows it

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

The alternative to standing up and trying to affect change in this specific situation is akin to letting the fire flash-over and watching the whole thing collapse in flames. We're so far beyond a reasonable point of addressing this insanely obvious global seizure of wealth that even this widespread noisiness will probably not be adequate to forestall what sits quietly just behind, waiting to choose the best time to rip everything that's been built to serve capitalism to pieces.

And it's too bad, because capitalism really did have the chance to be the last, best hope for a free and fulfilled humankind. It had the vitality and flexibility to defeat totalitarianism and fascism (corporate and government totalitarianism) but once the big money winners figured out how to leverage Internet technology to create enough global fund traffic confusion to allow enormous surges of money to be funneled away from the open markets, the death of capitalism was a foregone conclusion. Their need to win and win completely has obliterated the functionality of capitalism on a global scale, and they haven't even bothered to take the time to figure out just how impossible it is now to salvage what they worked so hard to destroy. Now, it's just a question of when the monsters will come and put it out of its misery for good.

I wonder what they think they'll do with the trillions that they stole from the rest of the planet? Eat it?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately Glen has to fill in so much air time single handed that he gets babbling and his brain slips out of gear with his toungue.
I go for the analysis of the nor wester here...the real people are not fooled by the MSM paint brush.
They know because its their own thats out there right now....
And they wont forgive either.........The PTB had better heed that warning.....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a turd.

...That is all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

This is true and everyone agrees, the government has pandered to the big corporations for far too long and no one wouldve complained had there been enough jobs. There sure needs to be changes to happen in the government and lobbyists not just because we are being robbed but because they themselves are seeding their own destruction like how bad business practices leads to bankruptcy. However, these protests are fuelled in a way not meant to amend the issues and is just meant to escalate the situation further. Rendering these big corporations sterile right now isnt gonna fix anything, they are the pillars of a capitalist society; the changes needed have to happen from the inside or else risk external threats from unknown groups who have been patiently waiting for such a day. And the Tea Party had a better point to make about stopping government regulations, which is being implemented unfairly and the way its used now is to end up giving special treatment to certain corporations; the less government the less chances of corruption.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a media, black-ops mercenary. He is basically a news equivalent to Pro Wrestling.

People in South America have woken up to black ops media they previously received from the U.S., black ops, puppet governments and hope we wake up to our puppet media.

We are being lied to. Sure, I probably do not agree with every OWS person, but I agree with their dissent. The majority of them are patriots in my book. They are the essence of what a U.S. citizen should be.

Heck, even the Tea Party people who are nor racists, bigots and/or take Michelle Bachman/Rick Perry/Glenn Beck seriously are patriots too.

Not to mention, those who feel offended by what I have said are just either still asleep or have some personal demons to work out, but even you are potential patriots.

Always remember this...a person is never defined by the label you have possibly placed upon them. What they are is usually more like you than unlike you; just not 100% like you.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Glen Beck believes, As Man is, God ones was, Has God is Man may become.. he is a polytheistic, A belief in many Gods. Its not like the Christian faith or The Jewish faith they are monotheistic. So everything he talks about its this belief that is a foundation for everything he says.. He actually believes he will become a Deity, That's why when you listen to him, it leaves you scratching your head.. Poor guy!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Unfortunately Glen has to fill in so much air time single handed that he gets babbling and his brain slips out of gear with his toungue.

Yeah, he's a compulsive brain farter. It's a good thing smellivision has yet to be invented. I've seen 2nd Graders give better organized presentations.
edit on 15-10-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: must be filled out

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Has any of those fools ever mention this.

The Glass-Steagall Act

The Banking Act of 1933, Pub. L. No. 73-66, 48 Stat. 162, enacted June 16, 1933, was a law that established the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) in the United States and introduced banking reforms, some of which were designed to control speculation.[1] It is most commonly known as the Glass–Steagall Act, after its legislative sponsors, Senator Carter Glass (D—Va.) and Congressman Henry B. Steagall (D—Ala.-3). Some provisions of the Act, such as Regulation Q, which allowed the Federal Reserve to regulate interest rates in savings accounts, were repealed by the Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980. Provisions that prohibit a bank holding company from owning other financial companies were repealed on November 12, 1999, by the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, named after its co-sponsors Phil Gramm (R, Texas), Rep. Jim Leach (R, Iowa), and Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R, Virginia).[2][3] The repeal of provisions of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 by the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act effectively removed the separation that previously existed between investment banking which issued securities and commercial banks which accepted deposits. The deregulation also removed conflict of interest prohibitions between investment bankers serving as officers of commercial banks. This repeal directly contributed to the severity of the Financial crisis of 2007–2011 by allowing Wall Street investment banking firms to gamble with their depositors' money that was held in commercial banks owned or created by the investment firms.[4][5][6][7][8][9]

This repeal directly contributed to the severity of the Financial crisis of 2007–2011 by allowing Wall Street investment banking firms to gamble with their depositors' money that was held in commercial banks owned or created by the investment firms

en.wikipedia.org...

www.larouchepac.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Knowing that Glenn Back is against the OWS protests and afraid of the protesters is a signal to me that OWS is a GOOD thing and on the right track. Up until now, I knew nothing about OWS. I am now reading more about it and I find I generally support the movement.

Glenn Beck is SO typically hypocritical! He's all for protesting and protests when it's something he agrees with, but if it doesn't serve Corporate Right America, the protesters are dangerous and scary and we need to do something about it!

top topics

join