It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy and the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's funny how the occupy movement has been by and large not reported on by the MSM in the U.K.

Yet as soon as trouble flairs, as seen in Italy, it is the Headline news. This in my eyes is absolute proof that the MSM are being guided by TPTB.

I appreciate that not everybody is behind this movement, but what I have been able to see of events, mainly through Russia Today and Press T.V, it has been fairly peaceful.

I did suspect that they were waiting for something like this to happen to cast a shadow over the movement and I am sure that the events in Italy were mainly due to agitators infiltrating Occupy.

Undoubtedly, if events were to turn ugly at other Occupy events it will continue to be headlines. If they don't then the Western MSM will carry on as before, with very little reporting.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Same here in Germany.
Numbers of participants downplayed by MSM but still remarkable (~8000 Frankfurt, ~10000 Berlin, ~5000 Hamburg) overall about ~40000 People. Probably a lot more.

Funny thing happened at Occupy Reichstag in Berlin.
The moment the Police engaged to clear the Place in front of Reichstag the mobilephone network UMTS went dead.
No MSM present during the eviction or anywhere near Reichstag at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

That's very interesting.

My guess is that the networks were pulled to ensure organisation was made more difficult.It makes you question if they purposely allowed the events in London to happen as a test run. Undoubtedly they learned alot during those events and have shared this amongst themselves.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes I will occupy the MSM

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join