It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchdog: Energy Firms Profit Margins Up 700%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I recall earlier on this year, just before summer, when it was warned that energy prices might increase by 5 or 10 % this Winter in the Uk.
Oh, how wrong they were.....

Ofgem has calculated that annual profit margins per customer have risen to £125, from just £15 in June. Following inflation-busting bill increases over the summer, the average dual fuel bill now stands at £1,345.

Watchdog: Energy Firms Profit Margins Up 700%

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ah, yes, here we go (from 7th June 2011):

Scottish Power is to raise the cost of gas by 19% and the cost of electricity by 10%.

Scottish Power raises gas and electricity prices

Quite how they got from 10% to 700% I honestly have no idea...

And our American colleagues are about to be hit by the same -

Utilities across the USA are raising power prices up to 29%, mostly to pay for soaring fuel costs, but also to build new plants and refurbish an aging power grid.

Price jolt: Electricity bills going up, up, up

Britain went from 10% to 700%, I dread to think how high 29% will reach.....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just shows that Ofgem (the regulatory body for the energy companies) has been paid off and staying very quiet.

Also I bet the government here in the UK are making a nice back hand buck out of this.
The conservative government have lots to answer for since Maggie Thatcher privatised the energy companies.

Another thing that drives me up the wall regarding the energy companies is their payback tarrif to the privatised energy providers (power stations) if they generate too much energy.
A few months back a wind farm was told to stop generating energy as they were generating too much power (as it was very windy). They earned a nice one out of that.

link here

Take take take that's all it is these days.
edit on 14/10/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Will people do anything except moan about it though? Good old England! let's all get trampled on and do nothing about it except moan and bend over....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
FREE ENERGY will be here soon.. their days are numbered. CABAL will lose light will win.. just hang on

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I already have my bush house. Now I'm looking into alternative enrgy sources but solar power is pretty useless where I am and a wind generator is far too costly.
A hand pump well in the garden (the old brick lined one was filled in after WW2) and an AGA-type oven and I should be set...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
FREE ENERGY will be here soon.. their days are numbered. CABAL will lose light will win.. just hang on

I don't think so. There are people in power who love being Kings and living like Kings.

They have plans and you having free energy or being prosperous isn't in the plans.

new topics

top topics

join