It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 2011 sightings of alleged Ufos near Pistoia, Tuscany, Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hi ya'll, I thought I'd share some of the pics our local newspaper is publishing in these last few days.
All the commotion around the ufo subject began by a pretty nifty sighting about 10 days ago of a "big fireball object" moving at mid-to high speeds on the sky above some hill formation near the city, called Montalbano if I'm not mistaken.
It was-the newspaper reports-around dusk.
Several people (well, at least 2 or 3 indipendent reports) witnessed this and they thought it was an airplane who caught fire.
After the news got published of course a lot of pics were sent to the newspaper.
There are no pictures of the first and imho more genuine sighting tho, the only interesting one in my opinion.

Here they are:

This has already been debunked as a bird by Rome's ufological centre.

Orb like object (dust on lenses?) next to the town's Duomo

Zoomed in.

Two strong lights above the city, photos taken from a nearby hill. The sequence gives an illusion of slight movement towards the south-east.
The newspaper says they checked from that position in daylight and there are no terrestrial light sources in that spot.

Those 2 orb-like objects remind me of this 2007 video made approximately on the same position of the orbs in the last 3 pics:

[disclosetv]1442[/disclosetv]

www.disclose.tv...

The people in the video (possibly elder people) talk about the possibility of it being an airplane, dismissed many times due to the lack of engine sound for being so low near ground.
I can't really tell if the object/s was/were moving, due to the shortness of the vid and the fact the house is only visible for a short amount of time. I would think they wouldn't even have considered the possibility of a low flying plane if the object were indeed unmoving.

I asked the newspaper for the original sized pictures twice already, without much luck. As of tonight.
They're all useless, they're just getting published due to the first and important sighting. I'm just reporting them as they publish them, I'm not at all suggesting they're even notewhorty.

And of course, because in 1954 this and the nearby towns of Prato and Florence were spectators of one of the biggest ufo case in history,
The 1954 Florence Mass Sighting.

Here is one of the ATS threads about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Once, an entire football stadium witnessed the objects directly above them.
The referee had to suspend the match for a while.
Interesting also, the weird rain of white like “cotton-like” substance during the same period.

edit on 13-10-2011 by AurelioMaghe because: Incorrect spelling and formatting

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sorry but all I see is light reflections and something that's probably a bird .

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

reflections require a surface to reflect off..
what reflective surface floats around in the air..
And yes I agree with the bird in the first picture

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Sorry but all I see is light reflections and something that's probably a bird .

Yeah what he said. Nothing here that can't be explained.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

The reflection is in the lens .
The one by the tower with the Moon in shot is caused by the Moon and the one's over the City are caused by the green streetlights in the foreground .

edit on 13-10-2011 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

what reflective surface floats around in the air..

I'll take CLOUDS for $200 Alex.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

The reflection is in the lens .
The one by the tower with the Moon in shot is caused by the Moon and the one's over the City are caused by the green streetlights in the foreground .

edit on 13-10-2011 by gortex because: edit to edit

Yes the first has already been debunked as a bird, as wrote in the description.
The other 2 may very well be reflections.
The video is a bit more interesting, even tho low quality and short.
It's truly a shame there are no pictures of the real sighting, people say it was something pretty impressive.
Of course the journalists are too lazy to get any interview, they just publish random pics they recieve and readers' comments..

new topics

top topics

join