It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs bill fight continues after Senate defeat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Jobs bill fight continues after Senate defeat

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Partisan bickering over President Barack Obama's failed $447 billion jobs plan intensified Wednesday, with Republicans accusing Democrats of political gamesmanship and Democrats charging Republicans with costly obstructionism.

cnn.com

I just have no words to describe the continued partisan bickering.

I am in the camp that taxes need to be raised. The richest are clamoring to raise them. Just what are the republicans are worried about?

Republicans previously embraced the cut, but have increasingly questioned its economic merit

How conveinant.

If the Jobs program fails, Obama fails, if it doesn't fail, people are back to work. And they can take credit for it.

They have to block those evil tax cuts for businesses that hire the long term unemployed, and money for teachers and firefighters.

Congress and the Senate need to go without benefits and unpaid until this mess is cleared.

We need to clean House.
edit on 12-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- BPN Format

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

do you even understand what the "jobs" bill is? It puts unions back to work. there the problem in the first place.

It helps build roads? dident we spend almost a trillion dollars on "roads" the last stimulis bill?

theres also money in this bill to bailout states. When does it stop. you cant get out of debt by making more debt.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I wasn't surprised that the bill was defeated for several reasons.

1. If successful it would put another nail in the coffin of supply side economics. The strange belief that the wealthy will build products or create new services if we give them more wealth while ignoring demand. Yet, no successful business man hires new workers or invests into companies if they see no demand for the product or service. It was called voodoo economics by George Bush Sr for a reason.

2. Taxing the wealthy is something the corrupt politicians won't support. The majority of American support it, but the politicians no longer support Americans. They are bought and paid for by the top 1%. The recent NBC/WSJ poll showed that 64% of Americans support raising the taxes on the wealthy.

3. I have a strong suspicion that certain people in congress don't want things to improve. A bad economy and high unemployment may help to kick Obama out. In addition they need a poor economy to use the debt reduction excuse for cutting government programs like social security and medicare that help average Americans.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
How many more non-existing shovel ready jobs do we need?

And I hate to say it to all you Obama followers but the Senate defeat of the jobs bill was a BIPARTISAN defeat. You see, the Senate is Democrat controlled, Harry Reid is majority leader. The bill should have gone through but even Democrats know that Obama's bill is a failure.

So instead of blaming Congress for Obama's failure, let's start blaming Obama.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Obamas jobs bill wont create jobs.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Is that the best you can do?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I wasn't surprised that the bill was defeated for several reasons.

1. If successful it would put another nail in the coffin of supply side economics. The strange belief that the wealthy will build products or create new services if we give them more wealth while ignoring demand. Yet, no successful business man hires new workers or invests into companies if they see no demand for the product or service. It was called voodoo economics by George Bush Sr for a reason.

Herein lies the problem with your 'logic':

The strange belief that the wealthy will build products or create new services if we give them more wealth while ignoring demand.

If you give them wealth? Now just where do you get this wealth to redistribute in the first place? That's right -- you steal it from those who create it. It's called taxation.

The govt cannot and does not create wealth. All they can do is print fiat money.

Obama reminds me of a junkie who hysterically tears the cushions off the couch, looking for change to buy sugar. Right now, he has found an untapped source of wealth to steal. After he drains the wealthy, he will go after yours and my pension plans. Then our land. He will not stop because he has this huge hungry mouth called unions that he needs to feed to win re-election next year.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

There's 52 democrats in the Senate, 2 of them did not vote on this bill. This was a test run of the bill in the senate. What this vote says is the democratic party does not want this bill. It comes down to that the president does not have the support of his own party on this. This is not the republicans, this is a tactic for elections by the democrat's. You have to remember that the democrat's hold the majority in the senate. So it should have passed with ease, but it failed. what does that tell you? hint, the demarcates don't want this bill because they know there is tax hikes in it. This would hurt the democratic Senators up for election in November. That is why Harry read said " I need my guys for better things"

The dems care nothing about this jobs bill let alone you or me for that matter. It all about re-election. The only thing this jobs bill was meant for is air between the pages.

I'm so tired of hearing this BS from both parties, everything now days is all about re-election. Both parties are so transparent with these tactics.

You are correct. Star for you. It is time to clean house. I say we vote everyone out and start over for the good of the country. Both parties seems to forget the first three words in the Constitution, " We The People."

edit on 13-10-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join