It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early morning face melting? Yes, please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Any of you get the urge to listen to metal first thing in the morning for no reason at all?

I did.

I started off with some Children of Bodom, one of Alexi Laiho's best solos in my unprofessional opinion.

Next I decided to slow it up a bit and add a serious power drive behind it to get me motivated for class later.

Anyone got any other suggestions for starting the day full throttle?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I usually wake up and listen to metal, great way to get pumped up and carpe diem.
Children of Bodom is great stuff, I usually throw in a little Killswitch Engage as well

edit on 12-10-2011 by Mellok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA! Nice one.... Must say, Rammstein is a big part of my personal morning routine... Stuck in pissy traffic at 06h30 in the morning... Nothing like some rivet-pounding, transmission-grease-soaked, German tank-factory music to get you fired up for a hard day of graft...

In fact, I actually feel quite spaced out for the whole day if I don’t get my morning fix of Rammy...

Edit to add - I STILL, after how long on this site, have yet to figure out how to embed youtube clips

edit on 12-10-2011 by Havoc40k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Perhaps you should take a step outside. Listen to the wind blowing through the trees. Listen to an Eagle as it calls out in flight? Perhaps you should open your window and listen to the Tree Frogs sing in the evening.
Open your eyes and watch the lightening bugs light up the sky. If you really want to hear metal step outside in a thunderstorm when it is right overhead. But if your hair stands on end consider you may be in the wrong place.
I like some of the metal out there, but I never get it before breakfast. If I hear anything but a Cardinal before I have coffee It drives me up a wall. I step outside and listen to the beauty of what is there; I look at the leaves gently falling from the trees and know soon a white blanket will come. Did you know that in a heavy snow you can actually hear the flakes hitting the trees? Maybe I am just getting old, but things around me are much more important now than any music I could hear.
I do like some Metal, but to go to early in the morning. Not a chance.
edit on 12-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For a youtube vid, when you're typing in the the message box, there is a button that says VID:YOUTUBE at the top, it's blue. Go to your YT vid URL and copy everything after the = (equal sign) then hit the VID:Youtube button and paste the numbers / letters in... it should look something like this .... JDWrnC4ZQoA.

But anyway, add a little Opeth in for good measure

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

What, you think we're just a bunch of dumb metal heads?

I listen to frogs, and birds.. trees make very pleasant sounds as well.. but sometimes you just gotta have that aggressive poetry. Makes a man's heart a flutter while keeping his masculine ego in check.

different strokes and all

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I must be getting old. It used to be all metal all the time but before my coffee and paper I don't want to listen to anything now.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mellok

Actually I do agree: Humans are instruments of variety.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Havoc40k

Here ya go

edit on 10/12/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If it was possible, I'd have metal playing constantly during my waking hours regardless of the time.

Hell, just the other morning I woke up to the pleasant sounds of this:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Perhaps you should take a step outside. Listen to the wind blowing through the trees. Listen to an Eagle as it calls out in flight? Perhaps you should open your window and listen to the Tree Frogs sing in the evening.
Open your eyes and watch the lightening bugs light up the sky. If you really want to hear metal step outside in a thunderstorm when it is right overhead. But if your hair stands on end consider you may be in the wrong place.
I like some of the metal out there, but I never get it before breakfast. If I hear anything but a Cardinal before I have coffee It drives me up a wall. I step outside and listen to the beauty of what is there; I look at the leaves gently falling from the trees and know soon a white blanket will come. Did you know that in a heavy snow you can actually hear the flakes hitting the trees? Maybe I am just getting old, but things around me are much more important now than any music I could hear.
I do like some Metal, but to go to early in the morning. Not a chance.
edit on 12-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

If you were a PURE metalhead you would understand that the passion of metal is greater than anything out there.

But you have to have a metal heart to feel it.

The smooth yet aggressive and crispy sound of the guitar. Far greater than any leaf falling to the ground.
The prosperous and roaring sound of the drums. Far more powerful than any thunder can give.
The melodic and ear-soothing bass, far greater than any whistling that bird can give.

Be metal. Feel it!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This song is my life 'till now. The chorus is sexier than any woman can be...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Here ya go

edit on 10/12/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

Thank you, kind lady

Good choice aswell - a song most people would have heard at sometime

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Edit to remove double post... meh :/
edit on 13-10-2011 by Havoc40k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

top topics

join