It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roni's Ranting Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
yup its that time again

Seriously people need to chill the beefcake out, ATS is not the be all and end all of life, if a post is moved/removed so what..go read/make another why cant people understand that
It sucks to have one removed its happened to me but u dont see me screaming from the rafters.............THEY TOOKED MA POST OOHH NOEESSS *rattles cage and throws toys out the pram* So many people complaining about censorship - coverup- nwo coming to get you pfft im sorry to bust the bubble i highly doubt the nwo gives a hairy rats bananas about the occupants here of ATS. Something people need to realise - there is life outside ats.....there is just look out the window its right there!! Still not happy about the reptillian/government/secret service/shill/disinfo/coverup that ats apparently is? use Google and find another site im sure there's one out there suited just nicely for you, T&C is there for a reason so deal with it - or don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

what is it with this weather!1 its cold its warm its cold its warm...and all in the space of an hour!!!!!!!!!! make up ya blooming mind my body temp dont know what the heck its doing any more

well i feel slightly better
only a lil one this time phew

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I get suspicious when certain types of threads get removed..and I can understand why some people get frustrated with it.

edit on 12-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yea dont get me wrong i know how it feels to have stuff removed, its annoyin esp if your like me who write novels for threads
but meh you get over it i dont go cryin that all mods r evil and deliberatly tryin to censor me
its just a fact of life, you have a lil grumble you move on lol

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Totally agree.. and if mods do censor some stuff..they could well be following orders..and it isn't their decision.

I certainly don't look at them as evil... and I think they have the patience of a saint on some days.

edit on 12-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

haha I think I know where this thread came from

yea agreed.....so what if a post has been removed.

I have had it happen, yea it's annoying but I move on and just dont do something to get my posts removed.

The whole "omg ATS is censoring us" crap drives me nuts. It's their site they can do what they please, dont know why people cant understand that. They just can't let the site be a free for all!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The whole "omg ATS is censoring us" crap drives me nuts. It's their site they can do what they please, dont know why people cant understand that. They just can't let the site be a free for all!

The problem is that they do let a lot of crap get posted, and it is a free for all some days..

That's why it is suspicious when they remove a thread that is very interesting, under the excuse that it is a hoax.

Why take just certain ones down, and leave the obvious hoax's up?

Yes...I think there is censoring, and I think the mods are told what to do in certain cases.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

The problem is that they do let a lot of crap get posted, and it is a free for all some days..

I think you need to remember that the mods are people, just like you and me, and they can't exactly see everything that gets posted here. Of course they miss stuff, they're bound to. It's a huge website with thousands of new posts each and every single day after all. Seeing everything would be impossible.

Just because some stuff gets removed while other stuff remains, that's not a reason to be suspicious of anything really. And if something is removed then there's nothing stopping us from hitting the alert button and asking them what happened. I've done it a few times before and I've had a reply back explaining why a thread from another member was removed so I know for sure that it does seem to work.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
if a post is moved/removed so what

And with that said, I wish MORE posts and threads would get removed. But that's another rant for another day.

Anywho, I agree. Some people act as if ATS is place to go to be right, regardless of anyone else's opinion, and woe betide he who disagrees or, deity forbid, removes your post!

oops. This is your rant. Not mine. My bad!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I do realize mods are people..and they can't catch everything..

But it seems like certain types of threads are closed very quickly... while others are allowed to remain.

I don't like being suspicious without reason.. but I have definitely been quit puzzled by some removals , while others are "allowed" to be debunked ?

I know you disagree with me, and so do others.. but my gut feeling is that there are things censored here.

No hard feelings I hope.. lets just agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I don't like being suspicious without reason.. but I have definitely been quit puzzled by some removals , while others are "allowed" to be debunked ?

But that was my point before... we can always hit the alert button and ask why a thread was removed. I've done it a couple of times in the past and I've received a reply pretty quickly each time so I'd recommend at least trying it.

No hard feelings I hope.. lets just agree to disagree.

No hard feelings here. One thing I really enjoy about ATS is people can share an opinion and go onto disagree without there being any hard feelings.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

its all good, come rant with me lol

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Rising Against

Some are a lot easier to uncover than others. We have a small group of 5 or so people who seem to have a pathological need to return over and over again, and create absolute nonsense for reasons that escape the truly sane. It doesn't take long to tell who they are. They're a nuisance, and we don't leave the threads up long enough to even make it to the Hoax forum.

Some are a little more problematic to ferret out. Basically, when we're sure, they go. If we're not sure, they stay until we are sure. That can take anywhere from seconds, to significantly longer.

Bottom line, we're not going to be entertaining the willfully ridiculous when we know the deal.

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

24) Right of Community Management. This is a privately owned discussion board community. TAN reserves the right to take action against any member, or member Posting, which is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, represents behavior contrary to community building, or in cases where the content is contrary to the core ideals of the Websites. This action may include removal of your Posting and/or complete banning of your username and IP address. TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites. TAN reserves the right to establish limits on topics that may be discussed if, in their opinion, the discussion of those topics attract an audience that is counterproductive to maintaining the ideals set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

edit on 10/12/2011 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Some are a little more problematic to ferret out. Basically, when we're sure, they go. If we're not sure, they stay until we are sure. That can take anywhere from seconds, to significantly longer. Bottom line, we're not going to be entertaining the willfully ridiculous when we know the deal.

Thanks for the explanation.

I guess I need to to have a more faith.. in how and why you do things.

new topics

top topics

join