It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the world’s most Alien & Beautiful Landscapes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Great post! I've got two amazing places to add as well, both from Iceland:

Hverir, Myvatn:

Geothermal very active area, located in the crack between the american/euroasia Teutonic plates. Red terrain with steamy boiling water, surrounded by lava fields.

Blue Lagoon:

Much more known (especially to tourists visiting Iceland), but still quite an amazing place. Geothermal active as well, the blue lagoon is surrounded by lava fields and the light blue water with the grayish ash/lava colors around it makes this place feels very 'Moonish':

(not me in the picture hehe)
edit on 12-10-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thankyou for sharing these wonderful photos. They look like amazing places. Well done

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing these pictures. Takes my breathe away

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Very, very, nice job. It is very much refreashing to see some of the worlds natural formations to lighten up my day. Star and flag!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Excellent thread & stunnin' photo's there, roni!

Didn't even know places like this, looked like this, or existed!

Mount Moraima & Utah Desert are my favourites.

S&F

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
the rice terraces remind me of minecraft haha....hope someone on here gets that joke......my favorite is the tree that looks like its walking

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This same thread/pictures shows up a couple times a year and it never ceases to amaze me. I love how crazy nature can be sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Great thread, S+F.

I will offer an old thread of mine as contribution - 30 Alternative Wonders of the World.

The finds here on your thread are even more amazing.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Every time said thread shows up, it always garners hundreds of stars and flags.

That reminds me: Isn't it about time somebody made another "Scale of the Universe" thread?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thanks for this
amazing pictures, would love to go to some of these places some day, especially the 'crystal cavern' :0

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Beautiful images. It upsets me that we are raping and detroying Mother Earth. They could make some great Science Fiction movies on location at many of those sites. Too bad I don't want them there. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

the world's tiniest violin plays for your guilty guilty human self.

self hate #1 eco-nazi mantra.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think it's important sometimes for humanity to take a step back from all the noise, all the problems, and just look. You know, look at what's actually real and here now. These pictures in this thread, as well as the other thread similar to this sum up the beauty of this world, stripped bare of politics, conspiracies and power.

Great post

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Great post! New pictures on there I havent seen before. It makes you wonder what the earth looked like before all this stuff formed. And I cant wait till after this, the new heaven and earth will look eternally spectacular!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow to both threads. S&F.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing these breathtaking pictures.

You have certainly made my day and it seems inspired wanderlust in many members

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing this with us all Ronishia! I always like to find at least one thing per day in my time online that makes the effort of everything else I do worthwhile. Your post here covers that need for a FEW days. I know I will be returning to this thread in the future, and probably several times to look at and share with others. Just stunning...absolutely stunning!

Who needs alien worlds when ours is home to such beauty?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
#2 is my favorite

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A perfect thread to start a day at office! Beautiful and wondrous earth

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It’s great that you mentioned mono lake, I just got back from a paddling trip there last weekend. It was beautiful up there, there was a storm during the week and a fresh layer of snow on the peak and parts of the basin. The temps were fair at 50 during the day and a chili 19 low at night. I found a great spot on the northern shore of the big island. There is a perfect sandy beach for camp setup and trails that lead to other parts of the island. The different volcanic rock formations are stunning as well. The place is truly a geologists haven. It is a trip I highly recommend, even if you don’t paddle seeing the towers from shore is great to. there is a place in lee vinning to rent yaks and canoes if you don’t have one aswell, or you can take a guided tour during the summer months for those with little experience.
Visit their the committees site for more details and please sigh the pension to preserve public access to the lake. Mono is on the chopping block for shut down due to funding issues. The basin and close by valleys are great spots for a visit, the recreation possibilities are virtually endless. Since my first trip out to this area it’s become my favorite stomping grounds.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join