It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for Imperial America to rise!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

An extensive group of states or countries under a single supreme authority, formerly esp. an emperor or empress

We all know that It is time for this to happen.

Our Republic is failing at a rapid pace, and we need to follow in the footsteps of our ancestors, the romans. Rome's golden age was during its empire, and so shall ours. We need a emperor to take control of our situation, and although this will cause temporary havoc and chaos throughout the world, it is inevitable.

We can already see the civil unrest forming as we watch the news:
Occupy Wall Street
Financial Collapse
Distrust to the government
Civil rights being taken away as we speak
The starting of a WWIII

If we can unite under a single man or woman, with no political parties involved than and only than can we rebuild our country. With all of this "He said she said" going on between the parties, nothing gets done. (As illustrated by the ObamaCare bill.)

This will happen, for better or for worse. There is no avoiding it.

I speculate that the start of the American Empire will be in 2012. The OWS protests will spark martial law and from there.. well lets just say SHTF. I have also come up with a crude timeline of what will happen and when.

December of 2011: End of OWS protests, Ended by violence, maybe martial law. This causes outrage among the civilians. Camping out becomes a common form of protest. Protests across the US and strikes occur like nobody has ever seen. Riots ensue.

Early 2012: Martial law goes into full effect. People who are seen protesting are arrested, imprisoned, or killed on sight. The courts no longer have power over the law and Miranda Rights will be revoked and The Bills of Attainder will be unjustly enforced.

June-ish 2012: Embargos on weapons and ammo is put into effect, as the military can not lose control of power, all weapons become illegal. Starvation and poverty is now common. Maybe mass suicides due to the intolerable social enviroment. This timeline is now known as Timeline A

OR

As peace has restored for the most part, Martial law is lifted. The economy is in shambles and the Election is jumpstarted, or maybe there ISN'T an election. A leader is elected/rises, and tries to fix the nation. Courts resume. This timeline is now known as Timeline B

November 2012: Timeline A
No election Is held, however an emepor/ess is now risen and taken control. Martial law is now loose, as many of the trouble makers are gone and the fact that at this time another country has most likely gotten into the fray, but Is still in effect. Court trials resume but military still reserves the right to kill/imprison for no reason.

November 2012: Timeline B
The empire is in full effect by now and trade emargos are lifted. Taxes skyrocket and government shuts down all corperations. The goverment also has a strict application and licensing system for new companies and stores. There are now 5 states. Southwest, Southeast, Northwest, Northeast, and The Imperial HQ or the area surrounding DC.

End of 2012: Timeline A1
Martial law is finaly lifted, although the government still has the right to imprison without reason. There are no state governments anymore. We are one solid country.
End of 2012: Timeline A2
The other countries have now taken over the USA and are setting up fractured colonies throughout the area. Total destruction of the USA.

2020 Timeline A: Mexico, Canada, and most of Central America is/has USA territory/ies, and standard citizens are made to serve in the imperial troops for at least 3 years between the ages of 18 and 30. Nuclear stockpile is bigger than ever and we are one of the richest countries in the world. Citizens are provided with relief services that are unmatched to any we have seen. (Food and shelter services)

2020 Timeline B: The world is now one government and has become a NWO. Civil liberties and free market are widespread and free religon is also global.

So, In other words, This could go REALLY good, or pretty bad, but any way it is, it is unavoidable.

It is destined to happen.

edit on 11-10-2011 by spw184 because: Screwed up

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Empire... just like the Romans, you say?

How did that work out for them?

Are you being sarcastic?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
We need a emperor to take control of our situation

sigh
yeah, ok, i'll do it.
I wasn't going to, but since you're in a desperate situation and asked nicely, I'll reluctantly take the job.

But I demand a big palace. Not that white house shack.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
reply to post by spw184

Empire... just like the Romans, you say?

How did that work out for them?

Are you being sarcastic?

No I am not, and yes it may finaly end in ruin, BUT it may also be a platform for a new start a new world order, as illustrated by the Timeline (B was it?)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Actually before the empire there will be a second american civil war just like when rome gets it own civil war before the rise of their empire

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

While I agree that it is going to happen, I fully DISAGREE that it SHOULD happen.

Yes, America is following the path of Rome. Both started as kingdoms, graduated to republics, then eventually become Empires. It is the series of systems that major powers go through, this is described in detail in Machiavelli's "The Prince."

You are mistaken in saying the Roman Empire was Rome's "golden age." While they expanded their borders considerably, the Empire phase was filled with infighting.

In America's situation, whoever is crowned emperor, will no doubt be an evil person and a person who led us into this situation in the first place.
Ever seen Star Wars? That's what happens when people are crowned emperors. It's never some glorious, kind, happy event.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Actually before the empire there will be a second american civil war just like when rome gets it own civil war before the rise of their empire

Hmm, no I dont think so. I think that it will be more of a Government vs Citizens war as illustrated by the timeline. Well than again that sort of IS a civil war lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

edit on 10/11/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

but there are other people with their own personal agendas just like what happened in rome

link   
sorry mods double post
edit on 11-10-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

link   
every emperor needs a joker,
can i be... the joker.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by spw184

edit on 10/11/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

What did you post? Its ok, be open no need to be shy... I want your opinions!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Imperial America has fallen down by nose on the ground . it wont rise for it has failed already.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I think you have missed the train mate, the US empire is in decline.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Timeline C

The doc increases your meds, but to no avail. Even though most mental health support has been eliminated due to budget cuts, you are one of the few to receive treatment as your particular state has left a few facilities available for those truly in a bad way "delusion-wise".

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sokpuppet
Timeline C

The doc increases your meds, but to no avail. Even though most mental health support has been eliminated due to budget cuts, you are one of the few to receive treatment as your particular state has left a few facilities available for those truly in a bad way "delusion-wise".

Timeline D: I give you a star for making me lol and you stop being such a smartass

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's an interesting read, but I'm not buying it.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone ever read Orson Scott Card's new Empire series. In considerably more detail, he has an American President who is basically working his way into an imperial seat in a fashion not too dissimilar to Caesar Augustus. It does make you realize there are worse fates.

I know we all love liberty here and would like to imagine the future that way, and I pray that it is so. But of all the totalitarian outcomes, this would by no means be the worst.

Absent a major catastrophe, it's hard to see any of the scenarios envisioned by the OP playing out because Americans are incredibly well armed compared to most nations, but if a military coup happened, I do think the silent majority might reckon it a better thing than our feckless politicians. They have failed us, and in electing them, we fail our own process.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And who would this emperor be? Someone currently in politics, no politics, war hero. Who would choose this person? Like Rome, last one killed, or poisoned. Some puppet of a NWO? Whats the thinking on this?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I like Orsen Scott Card, but have not looked at his stuff for a while

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Papagrune
And who would this emperor be? Someone currently in politics, no politics, war hero. Who would choose this person? Like Rome, last one killed, or poisoned. Some puppet of a NWO? Whats the thinking on this?

I do not know who the emperor would be, maybe some war hero from WWIII

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join