It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall St. Protesters Plan to March on the Homes of NYC Billionaires

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OWS's March on the Wealthy begins.

To Arms! Man the Ramparts! Protect the Walls! The Horde is Here for Blood and Fire!

Oh wait. They're in NYC. No 2nd amendment for you...sorry.

Can't wait to watch this one...

...to add a different source.
edit on 11-10-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Er, . . . um. . . . . how exactly does marching at their (bazzillionaires) homes, provide less influence on politicians via corporations?

Can I get a OWS person to help me out here, please?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah, not sure I "get" this march. Why march to millionaires homes to protest. We all do realize that not all of the wealthy in this country are dishonest greed mongers right? Some of them actually worked hard to get where they are in life, granted they may be few and far between.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yeah, this OWS's crap won't help a darn thing.
All it does is pissing people off.

Do something constructive instead.
Give Your ideas on how a functional/working society should look like.
And how to make it work that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
...Give Your ideas on how a functional/working society should look like.
And how to make it work that way.

Wanna start a revolution? Go back to the Constitution! That should fix just about everything.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Er, . . . um. . . . . how exactly does marching at their (bazzillionaires) homes, provide less influence on politicians via corporations?

Is my honest opinion, it's something that has its uses and flaws.
Sitting on the internet and preaching about conspiracy theories and concepts is one thing, but getting out there, doing the hard yards and getting people to recognize the billion bankers corruption and greed is another.
I acknowledge that it won't solve anything but it will gain recognition and people will start seeing past the system they have been fundamentally enslaved in but most believe otherwise. It's in my eyes such a good idea, people will be pissed off once they have 'awoken' and you know what America's like, you need some one with a hidden radical agenda telling them to fire up and there will be a revolution .

I for one support the OWS movement infact I support any movement as long as it brings attention to where it needs to be brought to at the time. Regardless if Alex Jones is Psy Ops or not, I will still recognize him for raising alot of awareness to 9/11.

At the end of the day, I will do anything possible to help achieve awareness so to speak. Even if the truth is fluffed down, I'm willing to let people slowly accept the truth(s).

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag
Yeah, not sure I "get" this march. Why march to millionaires homes to protest. We all do realize that not all of the wealthy in this country are dishonest greed mongers right? Some of them actually worked hard to get where they are in life, granted they may be few and far between.

Oh come'on now. You should know by now that it don't matter if those good folks worked hard for their money to enjoy the good life, these protesters want it no matter what. If your rich your eeeeeeevil.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WiZKiD111

Your explanation describes how it might get more people involved, but says nothing on how the influence Wall Street povides, will change.

How would something like this stop the corruption between crooked politicians and manipulative CEO's?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Cuz they goin RIGHT TO THE SOUUUUUURCE!!! ($$$$$$$$$$)

Now we talking business

#POWERTOTHEPEOPLE

edit ---

they should also take it to the media and converge on the buildings where the media outlets are housed

edit on 11-10-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hmmm..The Nazi's also marched to the homes of the Jews and we all know what happened after that. I, more than anyone believe most of us are victims of corporate greed, but is it necessary to go to the extreme as some are doing? I think some of us need to step back and take a deep breath. The class warfare that is being encouraged by the left could have intended or unintended consequences to those who have earned what they have made, or are not evil, greedy people at all. What will the next step be? Hanging them in front of their children?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

It's all a bit French revolution for my liking, I mean it wont be long till they set up a guillotine in Zuccotti Park. This movement has too many similarities with the ideology of the French Revolution that I can't put my support behind it with these types of tactics in play. The more I see of the OWS protesters the less I like, which is a shame as I agree that there are massive problems in the world and I park much of the blame on the global banking cartel that runs our planet, but I can not stand by these types of tactics or the far leftist rhetoric I hear being spouted.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Your explanation describes how it might get more people involved, but says nothing on how the influence Wall Street povides, will change.

How would something like this stop the corruption between crooked politicians and manipulative CEO's?

So you're telling me that what I pointed out is completely useless?
I'd rather live in a society who are 'awake' and understand to some extent what corruption goes on.

It may not be a use now but it's a gradual process and if anybody thinks otherwise (IE: consciousness shifts) they are wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The diference between marching and protesting in front of a home may also be the difference between being a legitamate movement and perceived thuggry.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The diference between marching and protesting in front of a home may also be the difference between being a legitamate movement and perceived thuggry.

Which is completely swaying off my original point of something positive is to be gained out of this movement:
IE: raising awareness

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiZKiD111

Which is completely swaying off my original point of something positive is to be gained out of this movement:
IE: raising awareness
Oh, you'll raise awareness. Though awareness ofwhat is the question.

Awareness of corruption
or
Awareness of thug-like tactics on people brought about by your movement.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Should be interesting to watch.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag

Oh really they arent dishonest greed mongers? i think they are if they did have any human heart they would care for the poor.

Just saying it.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
been watching the news on this and when i heard

one of the homes was rupert murdoch and most are from seiu thats all it took

and other millionaires and billionaires same old song different day.

ows gets a big two thumbs down on my worthless meter

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
...one of the homes was rupert murdoch and most are from seiu thats all it took...

Here is the latest on that neo96. Thanks for the heads-up!

Murdoch and the Koch brothers...
of course....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Speaking of Soros guess where he lives and guess who isnt protesting the billionaire?

things that make you hmmm but already knew.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Speaking of Soros guess where he lives and guess who isnt protesting the billionaire?

things that make you hmmm but already knew.

Just imagining a Stormtrooper protesting Darth Vader.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join