It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop will soon debunk/confirm everything.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This still obviously will need a lot of work, but I'm excited to see what comes of it. I can only imagine the amount of things that will be easily debunked or confirmed as a result of this technology.

edit on 10-10-2011 by garbageface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Very impressive.
Now if they could just make a video version or plug in for Avid and Final Cut I would be a very happy man.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Will their NASA shots and Mars pics then be debunked because if they pass this software/program is rigged.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Bloody good point.

Will be very interested to find out whenever this is released.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I believe this device will help clear things up very soon. dots no more:

Sony Digital Recording Binocular

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow! This is most definitely some exciting and innovative technology. The demand for this software will be enormous due to it's wide range of functionality, however, I'm not really seeing how this will help with "debunking" falsified images. If anything, it will just help make the "fake" images look more "real." Just my two cents. Anyone else agree?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm pretty excited about this feature addition to Photoshop.
Impressive.
Can't wait to get my grubby paws on it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Well I think if its using crazy algorithms etc to examine the image and then use that data to make the image look better it should be able to easily pick up on parts of the image that don't match the rest of it.

So I think it would definitively help, but I dont imagine they would build a specific button within the program for this purpose.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
reply to post by Strype

Well I think if its using crazy algorithms etc to examine the image and then use that data to make the image look better it should be able to easily pick up on parts of the image that don't match the rest of it.

So I think it would definitively help, but I dont imagine they would build a specific button within the program for this purpose.

I would think that objects added and distorted after would easily be identifiable after this was run on an image, but I was talking more about just pictures of blurry helicopters and such that don't appear to be what they actually are. That's the sort of debunking/confirming that I was really talking about. It could work both ways, and I'm eager to see what comes of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I thought Topaz InFocus already did this.

I say get it right in camera to begin with so you don't have to be a photoshopographer

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think this is awesome! It should realistically (like previously stated) be able to possibly recognize altered portions of an image and correct them or debunk them. Of course it could make a hoaxed photo look even more realistic, I'd like to think we could finally get some justification on some of these NASA photos. Here's to wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

ah - bunker " logic " at its finest - if the program doesnt give you the evidence you want - the prog is fake

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The program works....Sometimes....
Theres allways "bad" code possibly programed in.
Unless its a TOTALY privatly written, you can bet
your own d* its not gonna debunk anything OR
confirm...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Enhanced blur cleanup would be good to use for Google Earth Images.

I don't think the image manipulation detection technology will be foolproof. I could fool it now just by taking a picture of the faked picture. There would be no tell tale signs of manipulation on this clean picture.

However for 700 bucks it better make my breakfast and shine my shoes too.
edit on 11-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of people have completely misunderstood how this tool will work....

It will NOT deblur photos that was photographed with blur due to long shutter times, shaking hands or fast moving objects etc...

I will however take photos that have been blurred with fx. Photoshops own gaussian or similar blur and revert that into something that could give an idea of what the original photo looked like.

So... stop wishing for something that can McGyverly turn unsharp and blurred photos of ufos into sharp photos of birds.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yes G.E will be much more fun after this...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I think a lot of people have completely misunderstood how this tool will work....

It will NOT deblur photos that was photographed with blur due to long shutter times, shaking hands or fast moving objects etc...

I will however take photos that have been blurred with fx. Photoshops own gaussian or similar blur and revert that into something that could give an idea of what the original photo looked like.

So... stop wishing for something that can McGyverly turn unsharp and blurred photos of ufos into sharp photos of birds.

I see. Too bad. That doesn't seem very practical. Oh look at that cool poster made with Photoshop. I wonder if i can unblur that neat blur'd graphic. Yeah.. thats gonna sell big time. No wonder they charge so much for it, they got people spending lots of money to do dumb things. Clearing up Google earth, now that might be worth the asking price of 700 bucks.

There is very little you cannot do for free in Gimp that you can do in Photoshop, and those features.. not worth 700 bucks. Suckers.

You don't have to Occupy Wallstreet, just stop paying companies like Adobe 700 bucks for ripping you off with apps like Photoshop. You folks are part of the problem. The Revolution starts Here: Stop paying for ripoffs like Photoshop and contributing to corporate greed!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Did you even watch the video? It claims it will do exactly the opposite of what you just said.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I actually think you have misunderstood what this program does.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I hate being a bubble burster

I don't think this will help ufology at all. I think the way the program works is by "assuming" what is supposed to be where and is not going to be true correction. It will be a great tool for sure for vacation photos etc but not for forensics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join