It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupy Wall Street Movement needs to issue Demands!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Webster Tarpley: OWS needs to issue specific Demands!

Mere Protest is for Wimps; Revolutionaries Are Into Taking Power — How Occupy Wall Street Can Create a General Strike to Dump Obama

tarpley.net...

tarpley.net...

Webster Tarpley aptly points out the weakness of the Occupy Wall Street movement in saying they are without demands on the oligarchy and governmental apparatus, therefore are subject to being labeled anything by their enemies in the MSM and political hierarchy.

What are some legitimate demands the OWS people should ask for?

Tarpley points out for instance, a college loans amnesty and a demand of a 1 percent transaction tax on Wall Street might be two demands that the occupiers should ask for.

Here is more demands they should be making:

How about the return of the Glass Steagel act, the anti-derivative act that also separated investment banks from savings banks.

Attention to the mortgage crises and give bailouts to the people as they gave bailouts to the banksters

How about the investigation of the Federal Reserve

A real investigation of the 2008 financial crises

A cessation of foreign wars and a return of American troops from Germany, Korea and Japan.

A cutting of the defense budget

A law forbidding corporations from political contributions

Protect Social Security

Invest in the infrastructure

What are some other issues that the OWS should demand?

edit on 9-10-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

It was a very bothering question for me ?

What are they demanding in wall street ?

IMO : It is a great opportunity to test US govt to see if she believes in what she criticizes other dominions for lack of Humans right or even democracy.

Go on occupy wall street movement .

The tree of your movement will bring some fruits for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
demands could help. I think what would really help is if they moved out of the meet and greet type of thing they seem to be stuck in.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They have demands you know.
I don't have the link right now, and my browser is being crappy.
Ill post them when i find them, but they have demands. lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
coupmedia.org... < Right here.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

a college loans amnesty
Attention to the mortgage crises and give bailouts to the people as they gave bailouts to the banksters

These are the two reason that prevent me from really getting behind the OWS movement.

It makes it into a "I want free stuff" movement...even if that isn't what it's about...it gives fodder to use against the movement and damage the sincerity of it.

Neither of these will NEVER happen...NEVER. And they shouldn't...if you recieved a college loan or you have a mortgage....those were VOLUNTARY actions by YOU. No one forced you, no one said you were guaranteed a job to be able to pay those back. No one ensured you ANYTHING.

These things make this movement seem childish and immature...which is why I have a hard time supporting them 100%.

I love the energy...not the message up to this point.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Its not really a list of demands but a list of grievances was released to the public and i believe LA has adopted it. www.nationofchange.org... theres a little asterisk at the end of the last point but it doesnt mention anywhere that that asterisk is to point out the fact that this list is not all inclusive.
edit on 9-10-2011 by jacktherer because: explanation

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

In many Scandinavian countries college education is free, in-fact they finance many of their people going to college. Thomas Jefferson advocated free college education.
Where is it written people have to go tens and even hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt to go to college?

The capitalist system always has to make money out of everything.

We need a humanistic scientific capitalist system that serves ALL of the people not just the greedy corporatists.

edit on 9-10-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join