It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie stars Hilary Swank and Jean-Claude Van Damme attended party of Chechny's butcher president.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Interesting how American celebrities are often attending mega parties of murderous dictators. First Beyonce, Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey, Jay-Z, Usher and Nelly Furtado, performed at Gaddafi's sons gig and now Hilary Swank and Jean-Claude Van Damme performed at the mega party of Ramzan Kadyrov.

Hilary Swank attends a concert in the Chechen capital of Grozny in this Oct. 5, 2011 file photo.

Two-time Oscar winning actor Hilary Swank and action movie star Jean-Claude Van Damme may have played some nefarious characters in their time, but according to human rights groups, it was a real-life villain who happily welcomed the two celebrities to a big bash in Chechnya this week.
Both Swank and Van Damme, along with violinist Vanessa Mae, jetted off to the Chechen capital of Grozny Wednesday to attend a celebration that coincided with the thirty-fifth birthday of Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov, the man accused of ordering the abductions and deaths of rebel figures and having personally -- and enthusiastically -- participated in torture.
Van Damme appeared on stage where he performed some martial arts moves before giving a speech in which he yelled, "I love you, Mr. Kadyrov," according to a BBC report.
Swank was seen smiling at other performances as she sat in the audience in a report by Euronews.
"Really, truly, for me this was a great honor to learn more about you and your country and what you're building," Swank said when she took the stage. "And happy birthday, Mr. President."

abcnews.go.com...

As far as they were exposed by MSM, most likely Swank and Van Damme also are gonna "donate" their bloody money and claim "they didn't know the profile of the host..."

edit on 10/9/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Orlov stood by his allegation that Kadyrov is guilty of the July 2009 murder of Natalya Estemirova because of the atmosphere of fear and impunity he has fostered in Chechnya. He stressed he did not accuse Kadyrov of direct complicity.

He is being accused for being the leader of a country where a crime is committed. Bit stretching it. We could jail all the leaders by that standard.

Source

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Money, money, money,.....for the money! From what I have heard.......those overseas gigs...pay big bucks.

However...I must say that those celebrities are not doing their own reputations any favors.....they have lost the respect of many...who will no longer be fans of theirs...and pay to see or hear anything they are in.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Money, money, money,.....for the money! From what I have heard.......those overseas gigs...pay big bucks.

However...I must say that those celebrities are not doing their own reputations any favors.....they have lost the respect of many...who will no longer be fans of theirs...and pay to see or hear anything they are in.

Exactly right their entertainers they get paid to be there. If you can afford it you can get just about anybody to attend your party.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How is that any different then attending a white house event?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I guess they are just following the example set by Obama when he violated the Logan Act to fly to Kenya and to lend political support to Raila "The Butcher" Odinga.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
C'mon OP, the thread title is grossly misleading - movie star Jean-Claude Van Damme?

But seriously, half of Hollywood's celebrities would turn out to honor Idi Amin or Pol Pot for a chance to bask in the limelight, but then they ask us to take them seriously when they want to make some political message. Hillary Swank should know better. Van Damme? Well, I can't blame him for doing it, I mean what else does he have going on - he must be nearly homeless by now...
edit on 9-10-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join