It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to OCCUPY the MSM ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
as we all know,the mainstream media is distorting the truth .is it time to set them straight.i personally consider their efforts are treasonous.i believe they are the greatest burden on our country.what if they had all turned on holder over fast and furious.what if we had had a full accounting of the cia screw ups.what about a full accounting of israel.i could go on into infinity.i believe its time take down the whole lot of them.
im asking ats members how would yall deal with the msm ,if given the chance?all advice welcome :-)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

First, the owners should be prosecuted and their assets sold in a public auction that only people who make less than 50k per year could attend.

The next thing I would do is remove the top brass from all of the msm companies and replace them with fresh graduates of their trade looking for honest work. All of them would be on a trial basis depending on their honesty and unbiased reporting.

The next thing would have to be removing the word "NEWS" from any station that made a false report. They would no longer be able to associate themselves with news. Real news agencies should not lie.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Seconded.

Though you know very well they would be skirting around the issue and finding their own replacements.
edit on 9-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I thought the purpose of Wall Streets occupation was about forcing economic change given that if you take the economic leg away from "TPTB" that the other branches would fall, media, military and political.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well, I'm watching the show Sunday Morning right now and they're getting ready to discuss the protests. I'm eager to see what light they paint them in.

Personally, I'm waiting to see Occupy Monsanto.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hypernova86

It's hard to tell how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Hes right though that any "news" organization that doesn't honestly report the news, should not be allowed to.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Great.
More proselytizing.

Sure, most of us agree that anything the MSM 'says', should be taken with a grain of salt, and then probably another other grain of salt, with liberal amounts of skepticism.
Standing up on a podium here, trying to hold a recruitment drive? Really?

All the preaching should really be taken out on the street, proper like, but, most chickens cluck a whole lot more than any amount of egg laying they do. Just say'n.

Discussing MSM corruption; sure, I'm all for it. Preaching and recruiting? Sorry mate, the street where the protests are happening can be found outside.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hypernova86
I thought the purpose of Wall Streets occupation was about forcing economic change given that if you take the economic leg away from "TPTB" that the other branches would fall, media, military and political.

all i seen so far is the media and politicians co-opting and i feel your pain nonsense.like one day bloomberg is complaining about banks losing employees and also saying he understands the protesters.these rich folks will continue to patronise the working class while raping us on the back end.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I like the idea. I would also advocate an occupy Monsanto.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I believe we need the biased MSM. Thanks to them we can recognize the sheeple.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
I like the idea. I would also advocate an occupy Monsanto.

That is a good one. I wanna see that too.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
Great.
More proselytizing.

Sure, most of us agree that anything the MSM 'says', should be taken with a grain of salt, and then probably another other grain of salt, with liberal amounts of skepticism.

All the preaching should really be taken out on the street, proper like, but, most chickens cluck a whole lot more than any amount of egg laying they do. Just say'n.

Discussing MSM corruption; sure, I'm all for it. Preaching and recruiting? Sorry mate, the street where the protests are happening can be found outside.

actually im hoping the msm is reading this,and gets the hint.im also hoping somebody from ows sees this and is inspired.maybe the combination will help swing things in a more positive light.with the large population on wallstreet,let us remember the movie "gangs of new york".all it takes is a spark.be wary of burning candles.this could get bad very quickly.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Replace them with journalist graduates? Then it will be the same all over again.

The journalists spout whatever the employer tells them to, if they want to stay employed.

And if you took the MSM over, and I happened to disagree with your viewpoints, Doesn't that mean I can now throw you out?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Occupy movement is directed against bankers for the hold that they have on world government. Surely part of that hold is their control of the msm. We've got support occupations popping up all over the UK, this is going viral and its going global. In its nature its an attempt to over throw financial institutions and corporate elitism. To me its success will be measured in the level of change it brings about if any. I think targeting the bankers IS targeting the msm. They'll be forced to report eventually if the momentum keeps building.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Truthfully there is only one way to make them bone up to the truth. Hit them in their own pocket books. They make their money from commercials mainly. Marketing is what they do. Same on the web. They will only get the hint if they begin to loose their windfall of money. Further if those corporations that use them for marketing begin to loose money they may think twice about their approach and what they support. It is all about money. It has always been and no one can change that. Greed. If their money flow is reduced they will change their tune to increase it again.
When a company does something that is deceitful I look elsewhere.
for example a certain convenience store/ gas station on 9/11 shot up their gas prices by so much it was ridiculous, and did so within just a hour or so of the towers coming down. They showed their inert Greed, and I have not used that store since that time. I will drive two miles to use a different one. I would only use them if I were on empty, and then only pump enough gas to make it to the next station.
the only way you can stop the media from lying is in their pocket books. They will never do it on their own.
I boycott every establishment that is blatant with their lies and or greed. There are those out there that are better, and I know who they are and use them. Demonstrations won't help. You can only have an impact if you stop using their specific products. Truth told. It is the only power we have over the media, and it is seldom used: And they know it: Hence nothing will change until we change our habits of enabling them.
DH

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'd be curious to see what happened if a concentrated internet effort took down their communications capacity, and people were exposed to alternative news or word of mouth for just one day. I'm not in Anonymous, but I'd be fascinated to see the results.

Would they think it was a joke or would they think it was real?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No need to, that's the purpose of sites like this one here.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
More and more people will lose trust in the mass media. Its not the mass media per se, its that they need to be free and indipendent, but if they are privately owned, they cant be. They are controlled by Rupert Murdock whom in turn has allegiances and servitute to who knows whom.

The massmedia in many countries may be lost, having been bought up into few or even one private hand, a private hand that in turn might serve not even his own interest, but somebody he owes to. But we have the internet which cant be regulated or controlled, only allowed to be or shut off.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
Great.
More proselytizing.

Sounds like you had some clucking to do rooster. Why bitch about it if you don't intend to do ANYTHING about it? Talking comes BEFORE ACTION!

In the very near future people will be done talking.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
More and more people will lose trust in the mass media. Its not the mass media per se, its that they need to be free and indipendent, but if they are privately owned, they cant be. They are controlled by Rupert Murdock whom in turn has allegiances and servitute to who knows whom.

The massmedia in many countries may be lost, having been bought up into few or even one private hand, a private hand that in turn might serve not even his own interest, but somebody he owes to. But we have the internet which cant be regulated or controlled, only allowed to be or shut off.

Journalists must take an oath to report the news unbiased. We must trust them to keep their reporting honest. We do not have to trust anyone who has not taken that oath such as the owners who manipulate the news to their liking.

Rupert Murdoch took no oath and his allegiance is to the other rich a-holes and corporate controlled government. When news is censored for the public it is no longer a free society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join