It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Introduce Bill to Seal Obama’s Presidential Records

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Source

Ironically, Obama revoked a similar George W. Bush order in one of his first official acts as president. In 2001 Bush penned an executive order severely limiting public access to his presidential records. Shortly after swearing in, Obama killed it as part of his much-ballyhooed commitment to government transparency. At the time, the new president claimed that he was giving the American people greater access to “historic documents.”

Well, well, well...it seems the Democrats are doing exactly what they complained about the Republicans attempting to do. One more example that both parties are corrupt to the core.

What was Bush afraid of? What is Obama afraid of? If they have nothing to hide, they wouldn't attempt to do so.

One day we will know everything both of these POS wannabe dictators have done to assist with the destruction of this country. I wonder how that will work out for them...
edit on 8-10-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Source

Well, well, well...it seems the Democrats are doing exactly what they complained about the Republicans attempting to do. One more example that both parties are corrupt to the core.

What was Bush afraid of? What is Obama afraid of? If they have nothing to hide, they wouldn't attempt to do so.

One day we will know everything both of these POS wannabe dictators have done to assist with the destruction of this country. I wonder how that will work out for them...

But now I'm confused.....wasn't this the administration that Preached....no SCREAMED about how transparent they would be?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97

Source

But now I'm confused.....wasn't this the administration that Preached....no SCREAMED about how transparent they would be?
Yes, but politicians are a bunch of lying rats. What did you really expect? Transparency? Ha!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

Source

Yes, but politicians are a bunch of lying rats. What did you really expect? Transparency? Ha!

sorry, guess my sarcasm didn't come through.....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Before- "I will show you everything! Ill have nothing to hide! Everyone else hides but I won't"
*ahem*whispers*
"I have to lie about What?"
It is almost like he was so naive, but we all know that's not true.
It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I guess the question he really has to worry about is, will the next president do the same thing to him that he did to Bush?

I mean seriously, don't these guys realize that by doing this, all they're doing is sending up warning flags to the American public going, "Hey, there's something I don't want you to see..." That this "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" act has not only gotten old, but that it's starting to tick people off?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Just another lie by the DNC. No different than the RNC.

"Where am I going, Carl?"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

Source

sorry, guess my sarcasm didn't come through.....
Ah, text doesn't convey sarcasm too well. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wonder if there is something in those record that directly ties the White House to some ongoing current scandal like Solyndra or Fast and Furious?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumCypher
I guess the question he really has to worry about is, will the next president do the same thing to him that he did to Bush?

I mean seriously, don't these guys realize that by doing this, all they're doing is sending up warning flags to the American public going, "Hey, there's something I don't want you to see..." That this "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" act has not only gotten old, but that it's starting to tick people off?

The truth is generally a giant flag that can never be taken down.. They spend their life denying and hiding from it.. so everyday denying truth and reality is just another day at the office. Just completely out of touch with reality. Literally unable to discern what is going on. Some would say they are delusional.. and honestly.. if you look at Obama lately.. he looks well.. crazy.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
damn and i was really wantin to see them bin laden photos

presidential seal hmmmm

1+1=2

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

What do you expect when government is run by crocks and they get to make laws, crocks do not want others to know their nasty deals, no government official or elected by the people should be able to seal anything done during their presidential term or political term.

Plain and simple.

edit on 8-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think what we're looking at is a danger zone getting into political office. You're right. He kind of looks like he aged too many years in the short time he's been there. Let's put 2 and 2 together shall we?

Presidents are excited to get in and make promises. They say they will do this and that. They never get to.

When they leave office, they are forever followed by SS supposedly to keep them safe.

Only certain questions are approved at conferences.

They are all nice and upstanding going in.

There is documented video of MKUltra sex slaves employed to catch high profile figures on camera doing things they're not supposed to. Remember the movie "The Firm" with Tom Cruise?

The corruption doesn't start until they hit office. What hits them when they go in? Who really calls the shots? Do you think Obama does? For one thing, he made promises to people before he went in. I don't know about you but everyone is integrous and fully intends on giving back energy that was given to them. Everyone.

No. Something is up. I actually think Obama is a victim of the system who had good intentions going in, and fell sharply off a cliff with no choice.

Moral of the story. When the candidate tells you he will do something when he gets in, he's not lying. He's just ignorant.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

They are still being transparent. They're transparently putting themselves in a position to not be trusted.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I hope I don't finish the job I recently started...going crazy. I am rapidly reaching my limit with bureaucratic and political dishonesty. Somehow, these people assume, or stole, the right to run the lives of my family, myself, and all the rest of us. With absolute impunity. We never consented to hand this much power to anyone. Directly because of their actions, my family's business is near failure. Clearly, they care nothing for us little people and, in fact, overtly spend a great deal of their time rubbing their supremacy in our faces. My family is barely hanging on financially while corrupt politicians and bankers are raking all the money into their own pockets as fast as possible.

The question becomes more of CAN it ever be stopped as opposed to HOW can it ever be stopped. We may never know the extent to which we have become unwillingly indentured to absolute servitude, and if we do ever find out it is likely we would wish we hadn't.

However, I choose to never give up. I have a family I love with all my heart and I owe all I am to them. The ones who are obsessed with taking away my ability to care for my family may win the war, but I will absolutely leave every scar and mark I possibly can as they drag my cold, dead body into whatever abyss they have prepared for me. Further, I will do all I can do LEGALLY and with DIGNITY, two apparently foreign concepts to our "leaders". I encourage anyone and everyone to stand for what you believe is right, but do not lower yourselves to their level. You may as well join them if you do.

Obama, Bush, and whoever else can taunt us with their rhetoric, and perhaps they can even still sleep at night. I will have the satisfaction that my family and friends know who I am, and they can sleep at night with that knowledge.

Do you think those who truly know the thieves of our liberties and finances can say the same? Sadly some can, but hopefully there may be enough who can't and that could somehow, some way, and some day make a difference.

I wish us all the best of luck.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, it must be to hide his birth certificate for good
My bet is to obscure were all the money from the first stimulus went,along with the Libya fiasco.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Someone needs to confront him on this during one of his campaigning "question & answer" town hall meetings.

This is getting ridiculous. Their power is out of control and with all the uprisings they feel it slipping away and they're getting desperate. I repeat, this is getting ridiculous. They have NO RIGHT.

How 'bout WE seal our income records on them so they don't know how much money we make... if THEY can hide **it why can't we protect are privacy too?

edit on 10/8/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

edit on 8-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstroBuzz

Someone needs to confront him on this during one of his campaigning "question & answer" town hall meetings.

This is getting ridiculous. Their power is out of control and with all the uprisings they feel it slipping away and they're getting desperate. I repeat, this is getting ridiculous. They have NO RIGHT.

How 'bout WE seal our income records on them so they don't know how much money we make... if THEY can hide **it why can't we protect are privacy too?

edit on 10/8/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, the Justice system has become the JustUs system. As you can readily guess, neither you nor I are incleded in the Us of the JustUs system. That being the case, THEY are discluded from the true Justice system and will eventually pay for their deeds. Rest assured of that.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
just remember this next year

BOTH parties are up to the usual nonsense

we have to find a better choice !

and no, not paul, he is GOP

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join