It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OCCUPATION of Atlanta has BEGUN!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
As of 11PM Woodruff Park in downtown ATL is occupied. I'm present, have my flip camcorder on hand and I'm uploading videos right now. Sit tight.

(I accidentally posted the thread early, so gimme a few minutes to populate the content)

read up

I will try to post new videos daily, documenting the progress and hopefully the growth of our movement.
edit on 7-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Could you explain a little more please?
Why is it occupied, did they have protestors?
What about Piedmont Park? Its been a long
time since I was in Atlanta, don't remember
Woodruff Park.

Looking forward to the videos.
edit on 7-10-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have some friends that were planning on going tomorrow.

I at least do not feel so alone - like- I was thinking- what is wrong with me that I am so mad and no one else seems to care? At least now i know that others are feeling a lot of anger too.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I think it might be a safe bet to assume its part of the OWS movement, but let's wait till the videos are up

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Woodruff Park is more accessible, convenient, and visible than Piedmont. Piedmont park is in midtown, while Woodruff is downtown on GA State campus. It's right on Peachtree so it has a lot of foot and car traffic. Also, it's public and always open. I'll be embedding my videos in a second.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I felt like that when I was out there. People were more concerned with going out partying.. Oh well, they'll understand soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Thanks for the park info, its
been longer than I thought,
bet a lot has changed in
Atlanta as it does in most
cities. I do hope there aren't
any problems there.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

first vid is up. =)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Happening Now: Occupy Atlanta Occupying Woodruff Park Written By: GLORIA TATUM 10-7-2011 (APN) ATLANTA -- Occupy Atlanta, the Atlanta branch of the Occupy Together movement, has occupied Woodruff Park, following a General Assembly, which began earlier today at 6pm, Friday, October 07, 2011.
www.atlantaprogressivenews.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I know that they were trying to work within the law and that permit stuff was a big issue in deciding which park they were going to be in. There was a huge discussion about should we buy a permit or should we just go and to heck with the permit. I really don't know how that ended.
The group was planning an occupation- saw talk of feeding crews, security for when people slept, quick shelters, ect.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Good vids, thanks!

link   
ATS, lets give love to our members that are going out across the country and getting real, unbiased coverage of these historical events!! they are regular folks like me and you, yet they are running rings around the MSM coverage!!!!!!

link   
Love the shout out to ATS!!

WOOooo! Go ATL

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The group was planning an occupation- saw talk of feeding crews, security for when people slept, quick shelters, ect.

So this has just started -
have to go to bed soon but
I will check here for the news
first thing in the morning.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Woodruff Park is the best place to do it. It's directly in the middle of downtown and the Sun Trust bank building is right next to it. What could be better?? lol

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
3rd video is coming and it's probably the best! recorded it directly from my FaceTime camera. lol

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
why must we always be "unstructured"?? lol

AJC Story

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
no issues with police as of yet, however a lot more people are taking notice now as there are almost 2 dozen tents pitched in woodruff park.

I hope this continues to grow!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates,
I hope it continues to grow
also.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This has to be one of the strangest Occupy videos I've seen and it happens to be from Occupy Atlanta.

I just don't have any idea what this is all supposed to mean. Why are they all chanting? Was this prearranged or something? Why would they want to silence a civil rights hero?

I'm actually lost for words. I couldn't watch more than two minutes of the video because all the chanting was truly annoying, so I apologize for not being able to offer more information. I've just never seen a stranger display. It's almost as if the audience is taking some kind of wierd oath.

Edit to Add: The fact that red, white, and black are being worn is another odd detail. If you are aware of colors and how they're used ritualistically, you'll see how this is significant and why I'm wondering who this group is and what may be their agenda.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join