It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Powerful - The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You don't have to be big and strong to be powerful!

Enjoy...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The girl that pops up once a month in a topic cause of PEOPLE NOT USING THE SEARCH OPTION....

Seriously... this video is smudged cause of all the people reposting it.
edit on 7-10-2011 by FriendlyGopher because: replaced idiots with people - a little too harsh

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I enjoyed the video very much. thanks for posting it as I needed some positivity this morning

Thanks Gopher!
edit on 7-10-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
The girl that pops up once a month in a topic cause of PEOPLE NOT USING THE SEARCH OPTION....

Seriously... this video is smudged cause of all the people reposting it.
edit on 7-10-2011 by FriendlyGopher because: replaced idiots with people - a little too harsh

Well I've never seen that video.
Thank you very much startraveler

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The real question sociologists will be studying for years to come is: how was an exaggerated scare, based on so little evidence, poor reasoning and petty namecalling, kept alive for two whole decades?

Climate Change Scare Machine Cycle: see how your tax dollars are converted into alarming messages:
The great big map of FUD wattsupwiththat.com...

Humans never had one single goal and never one way to address the goals ....We consume and in so doing can pollute but if we took one step towards not polluting while we consume we would at the very least be walking towards a better eco ...I want it to warm a bit ...just a bit as its mostly cool where I reside .....peace
edit on 7-10-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Is'nt this afew years old?

And you just found it now?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I thought it poignant considering the current state of affairs, and now more than ever we all need to be reminded that our voices count, and its time to be heard. Did not mean to offend or piss people off - seriously!
edit on 7-10-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FriendlyGopher

I don't think it's smudged even if it is old, it's a very nice reminder, that's how I see it. Whenever I need some inspiration, I re-watch it, if a 12-year-old can do this, then so can everybody else.
I think she was very brave, I used to be on the debate team in my final year of school, and every time I had to walk on to that stage my whole body would shake like a leaf
and that was delivering my message before other schoolkids, she did it before top-guns grown-ups, I have no idea how she managed to do it so calmly. Plus, her message is a very positive and good one, she makes good points.

Don't ask how I ended up on a debate team feeling this way about going on to stage, I was dared into it
, but hey, it looks good on my certificate of recommendation

I'd love to know how she sees everything now that she's a few years older.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I've been looking everywhere for a chart like that! Thanks the2ofusr1!

The herd is always complaining about the millions spent on research by the big scary oil folks but never bat an eye at the billions spent to support their own scewed reality...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Thanks startraveler, I haven't seen this in a very long time. brilliant!

on a side note, interesting to hear her say 5 billion world population, I just google'd it and were now at 6.97billion! this must have been filmed late 70's early 80's? that's a pretty nuts increase considering how long it took us to get to 5 billion...

shame they didn't listen

edit on 7-10-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Her dad trained her well didn't he, here he is on his depopulation desires.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The video is definitely well over ten years old, yet has more foresight to our further then politicians curent train of thought. In elementary school I was actuall lucky enough to hear her and her father talk at an assembly. I remember about how they had brought a family from the amazon to stay with them in vancouver. They had left the family at their place alone, when they cam home the family was huddled around the stove with all four elements on trying to stay warm. It was then that I realized the true advantages we have in first world countries. However, as I have matured, I have realized our advantages can be seen as disadvantages if you realize what is truly important in life.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I feel the girl speaks the truth even if her father is an enviornmental nut says the youtube comments which some are so mean and hateful. Shameful world we live in.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Meanwhile some of her points are valid, the problem is that there are groups, more so the UN, who want to use arguments like the one that girl made, and other children like the one in that video to redistribute wealth to the point that EVERYONE will be poor. To the point that there would be no middle class ANYWHERE on the planet.

The problem is that arguments like the one that girl gave are being used by the elite to have more control over us.

If the UN, and the elites really wanted to help mankind they wouldn't be trying to sequester atmospheric CO2 content. They wouldn't be trying to get rid of all the middle class around the world. They wouldn't be trying to control us more than they already do...

edit on 7-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join