It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodney WATSON - US Military Man has been taking Refuge in Canada, his Crime - AGAINST the WAR!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Let us discuss the real issue rather than simply label the individual with a pejorative derogatory phrase which essentially functions as a thought-terminating-cliche.

By saying "deserter" you are avoiding the issue completely and just using a mere insult to ridicule. There is no logical conclusion to a debate, no retort of intellectual substance.

Are you saying it is immoral to leave a death cult when you realize you are partaking within one? Is this the insinuation?

Because I must say, if you suddenly realize you are in an organization that dispenses death to unwitting hapless victims, than perhaps the moral and ethically wise choice would be to desert them, and evacuate the situation.

This is a message to people within all governments, corporations, cartels, whatever.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

"Canada can keep him. He would just be a drain on our economy."

What economy?

1. Print Money
2. Build the world deadliest military with printed money
3. Use military to enforce value of printed money by killing anyone, including citizens who challenge the fairy tale.

This is peace? This is freedom and liberty? No this is domination through violence. So just admit that THIS is what you want. Because if you wanted real freedom and liberty you would be cheering this guy on. I think like most, you just don't want the bully looking at you. SO GO WAR GO!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by rwfresh

Figured out that he could run? hide? live off the good graces of others?
Stand up guy.

Where are you again? Look, just face the truth. Just stand up for what is RIGHT. PEACE. Stand up for Peace. If you want to be free. TRUST me. It's as easy as supporting it right here on this message board. You will feel it and never turn back. Just say NO to war. Do not be afraid.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Let us discuss the real issue rather than simply label the individual with a pejorative derogatory phrase which essentially functions as a thought-terminating-cliche.

By saying "deserter" you are avoiding the issue completely and just using a mere insult to ridicule. There is no logical conclusion to a debate, no retort of intellectual substance.

Deserter is not an insult. It's a legal fact--in this case, an allegation, but no one denies that this person has committed the offense of desertion. You can read Article 85 and determine for yourself whether or not he meets the standards for desertion. (More information is available in the Manual for Courts-Martial, but the statute is clear enough for our purposes.) He's a deserter. Period.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Now this is one guy I respect. All the ones who say he signed up are not thinking very clearly. We are humans who should help one another instead of killing each other just to make the Puppet Masters more powerful. The Game is called Divide and Conquer and anyone who would harm another human because of some fake war is nothing but a pawn or ignorant animal. The paper Constitution, everyone worships is a rag. It has been torn apart by the Evil Puppet Masters yet they still love to wave it around every time they spew their lies. This breaks my heart seeing how so many want to keep the machine alive that has killed Millions in the middle east. We are not at war with these people. How can anyone pretend we are in a war? The strongest empire in the world needs 10 years to fight some farmers with sandals on? Wake up and smell the coffee. This war is Genocide.

Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Probably thought he would get to play WOW all day and be kicking ass. Canada can have him. On a good day he's a deserter a bad one he's a target.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
reply to post by Six6Six

It's those of us who stand up for our country and aren't afraid to spill a little of our own blood to ensure our families get to sleep safe at night that don't need to spout off about our own courage.

Aw c'mon, that described a soldier in the two World wars, but not today. They fabricated an enemy with a good PR propaganda plan, then sent you people to go after them. Search YT on this point, if you don't believe how the war in Iraq and Afghanistan got started. If your family doesn't feel safe, perhaps you ought to begin to question just why they would feel that way. Perhaps it's too much unjustified soldiering and interference in other sovereign countries maybe? I certainly don't want to dimish your courage, and I grieve the loss of everyone who is killed in this senseless slaughtering, both soldiers and civilians. However I do wish you'd think about a better way to use that courage.

The "My country (government) right or wrong" is also not applicable any more. The entire planet is now seeing that. I disagree with the statement that everyone who signs up knows what they are getting into. If that were true, then there'd be no PTSD among so many vets. Just like marriage and parenthood, no one really knows just what it will be like until you enter those two institutions.

Is it just possible that by softening soldiers to shoot at civilians, it fulfills a purpose, namely that of being able to shoot their own countrymen when their governement tells them to, as things decline everywhere according to the NWO plan? While it's loyalty to your squad in theater is necessary, each person is an individual and part of growing up is being able to make hard and unpopular decisions. I love my country, and my people, but my government is setting us on a course that I really abhor. I am truly in fear for my children's future. And soldiers are but pawns in that dominance game, while civilians are expendable, so it would seem.

edit on 6-10-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

He deserves what he gets and I hope he serves as an example to anyone who takes an oath of service and then runs out on his squad mates. In short...I hope he rots.

War is stupid and many people are just pawns. There is a reason that there are dehumanizing strategies upon enlistment...so that the soldiers are first and foremost trained to obey the chain of command without question.

As well, there is a specific push by military recruiters to target low income areas for new recruits...emphasizing the compensation and not the reality of war. Truth be told, the mainstream media/entertainment industry do the same thing and we are subtly taught that war is good and necessary and all of that good stuff.

Good for him for bailing; I hope he gets to stay in Canada or has the wherewithal to get the hell out of dodge before he is deported into U.S. custody...and you sir, KILL_DOGG, [SNIP] thinking that an oath should mean the same to everyone in every life circumstance. Last I checked, life and people change all of the time. There is also a very low tolerance I have for people who wish ill on other people who wish to not impose undue will or violence upon others.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed insult

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

He deserves what he gets and I hope he serves as an example to anyone who takes an oath of service and then runs out on his squad mates. In short...I hope he rots.

War is stupid and many people are just pawns. There is a reason that there are dehumanizing strategies upon enlistment...so that the soldiers are first and foremost trained to obey the chain of command without question.

As well, there is a specific push by military recruiters to target low income areas for new recruits...emphasizing the compensation and not the reality of war. Truth be told, the mainstream media/entertainment industry do the same thing and we are subtly taught that war is good and necessary and all of that good stuff.

Good for him for bailing; I hope he gets to stay in Canada or has the wherewithal to get the hell out of dodge before he is deported into U.S. custody...and you sir, [SNIP] thinking that an oath should mean the same to everyone in every life circumstance. Last I checked, life and people change all of the time. There is also a very low tolerance I have for people who wish ill on other people who wish to not impose undue will or violence upon others.

You have summed it up perfectly Mr Shock. If all contracts were so binding and people were not allowed to grow up and change their views and their minds then there would be no divorce permitted in the USA. Can you imagine if people were held to their original views? What would be the point in progressing as a human or a society if our first choice is our only choice. Are lies and deceptions not automatic contract killers. Why should a man uphold his end of a contract when the opposite end is playing with your life and feeding you to the wolves.

I hope that Rodney Watson gets a fair hearing in Canada because he can kiss goodbye to his wife and young child if he gets deported back to the US of A. The constitution is now firmly an old wives tale worth less than the paper it was originally signed on.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by Gemwolf because: Snipped quoted insult

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join