It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Aussie Rules fans interested in creating an AFL manager game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Please bare with me because this maybe hard to explain

I used to play a game called footy fanatic (no longer being updated) which was a free download off a geocities website. Basically it was taking control of an AFL side and playing over an unlimited number of seasons, from the viewpoint of a manager.

In terms of what I need, Im looking for people who are able to create a match engine, and who have experience in website design, plus I need people to help create the rosters of each side, and create player statistics/ traits for each individual player. I also need ideas that can be implemented into the game.

Its still in its design stage so there is plenty of time, but Im just looking for anyone interested in helping or being a part of this

Edit: If its possible, I would like to make this thing an ongoing thread, but if not I will take my idea elsewhere

edit on 6/10/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

What you are asking for, no one is going to do without getting paid well.....of which they're better to go out on their own and make $$$.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You'll be surprised.

OpenGL is a great example of this.

OP, I play Football Manager. Buy/Download a version of that to get an idea of how to build a great management game.
edit on 6-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is where I wish I has some kind of technical ability to be able to help you out.

Would it be along the lines of established teams and leagues because I would imagine there would be licensing rights and what not involved.
But I think I get where you are heading, maybe something more like this... www.xperteleven.com... but with AFL?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

i'll be in if you can get it started..although supercoach and dreamteam keep me pretty busy.

Can't help with the setting up though

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

What you are asking for, no one is going to do without getting paid well.....of which they're better to go out on their own and make $$$.

You would be surprised. There is a lot of interest out there on the internet for this kind of thing, so Ive done my research. And its more of a hobby, rather than something I hope to make money out of. I was looking for interest, not people wanting to make money

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
This is where I wish I has some kind of technical ability to be able to help you out.

Would it be along the lines of established teams and leagues because I would imagine there would be licensing rights and what not involved.
But I think I get where you are heading, maybe something more like this... www.xperteleven.com... but with AFL?

Im not sure if I want to be doing an MMORPG type thing, or if I want to do a downloadable thing like footy fanatic. If I were to do an MMORPG it would prob cost money and it wouldnt involve real players, but if I were to do it like footy fanatic it would be along the lines of real players and teams etc.

If you get the chance download the old version of footy fanatic and u will see what I am talking about, ist simply amaazing

top topics

join