It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin not running, prefers to become a mascot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

"My decision is based upon a review of what common sense conservatives and independents have accomplished, especially over the last year," Palin explained. "I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office -- from the nation’s governors to congressional seats and the presidency."

Basically, she decided it's more profitable to be a mascot touring the US in flashy buses and cashing in for endorsing certain candidates. So instead of having to convince people who like Palin, politicians can now just pay her and be done with it. She'll do a pretty dance, give a few "bet'cha" speeches, say something funny/outrageous/stupid, praise that particular politician, and then gladly accept politician's pay checks.

Kinda like a mascot during NFL games...just better paid

Her view of the world is screwed up beyond anything...but I have to give it to her, she's good at marketing and making $$$

LINK
edit on 5-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear she is sitting this out. She has no more experience at being in that job than Obama did. Yeah, Gov of Alaska...but she quit too. That wasn't the best example I've watched of a politician standing on principle.

She'll probably make a great influence from behind the scenes, as she does bring a fresh perspective out of her rather simple background, but we've watched 10 years of living proof of what happens when poor choices make it into that office. I'd love it if we don't pick a 3rd bad one in a row.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So she basically ripped off a bunch of campaign contributions from people for her little bus tour vacation, is that it?

So when does the word Embezzlement come into the picture?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
She would be a good mascot alright for Colombian drug lords...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, it's not as if the people have that many good choices:

1) Obama: didn't deliver on a TON of promises, hell, he continued most bad Bush decisions

2) Romney: "corporations are people my friend"...corrupt

Love the guys who starts laughing

3) Rick Perry: corrupt would be an understatement

4) Bachmann: hypocrite, corrupt, and just plain nuts

And of course she wants to drill for oil in the everglades, arguing that this will bring down gas prices...when in reality, it's demonstrably not the case. All it will achieve is bringing more profit to oil companies, her sponsors.

5) Herman Cain: corrupt and ridiculously stupid

Yeah...letting oil companies take care of environmental protection worked great...BP oil spill is the best example of that. What a retard!

"The people who cause the problem, can also best solve it!"

Right...lets allow mass murderers to take care of not murdering people

6) Ron Paul: has principles...but is unelectable because he doesn't have GOP support ("his party") and simply spazzes out sometimes

In short...happy times

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
So she basically ripped off a bunch of campaign contributions from people for her little bus tour vacation, is that it?

Did anyone expect better from her? Seriously?

I don't even blame her for it. If someone's dumb enough to donate money so she can cruise around in a flashy bus, more power to hear. There's also people clicking on those "free iPod" banner ads thinking they won because it says they're the "1,000,000 viewer" of this banner

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
man out of all the pr reps
she would have been the most annoying.
but they are all the same so it makes no difference really

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Palin should stick to her little corner in Alaska

She isn't necessarily the smartest tool in the shed.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Palin sounds like a fun lady to hang around. You have to be pretty wild to snort blow off of oil barrels

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
HAH Didn't see THIS coming... no sir

She was out-Palin'ed by Bachmann.

Oh well, plenty of right wing rubes willing to still give her money.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'd bet that Palin went to seek advice, and she got it. Smart move of her in my opinion, she would not have gained the Republican nomination, and I do believe she would have just derailed the current Republican candidates and the race anyway.

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Kinda like a mascot during NFL games...just better paid

Her view of the world is screwed up beyond anything...but I have to give it to her, she's good at marketing and making $$$

Yep, she's making the bucks, that's for sure, living the american dream. Her, Glen Beck, Rush, I'd say they are success stories in making money of fringe beliefs. I mean the president gets paid what? $500,000 a year? Pfft.... she can probably make that much in a month!
edit on 5-10-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

The people who gave money to her campaign probably deserved to have it wasted. You'd have to be seriously misguided to support believe she'd win the presidency, and take her seriously. Also, she never confirmed her candidacy, so again, those campaign contributors took a long gamble and lost, rightfully so.

I admit, it would have been entertaining to see her in the race, but not a good and profitable move compared to what she's been getting before in my opinion.

top topics

join