It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land of the Free, Home of the Poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Inequality in America...

Sorry I don't know how to embed the video over to ATS...but it's definitely an eye opener...perhaps somebody can do so for me

When the top 1% owns nearly 40% of all the wealth distribution and the top 20% holds nearly 84% of the countries wealth...I begin to worry...and I had never known it was that bad...for the richest country to be brought this low...is just...unbelievable...

It's a harsh reality with so many struggling these days...but everyone in the working middle class is a layoff or a minor tragedy away from slipping into poverty...that is the problem with the current wealth distribution is that people who have the wealth can afford speed bumps in life and the vanishing middle class cannot.

Equal opportunity is a fairytale...If you are born into a lower class in this country you do NOT have the same opportunities afforded to the upper classes. It is not a rigid caste system, but it is definitely present...

Think about it...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Here ya go.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Thank you...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Land of the 'free'? hahahahahahaah How can a land, full of DEBT, be free? Perhaps, people don't realize that the BORROWER is SLAVE to the LENDER. Let me repeat that.....THE BORROWER IS SLAAAAAVE TO THE LENDER!!!! The bank owns you, your house, your dog, and YOUR LIFE!

Oooooooooooh, i get it...you think slavery ended??? AH-hahahahahahahah Nah, yo....it just got a make-over. Now, instead of one race being slaves.......EVERYONE gets to sing them old, blac (excuse me) Afro-American spiritual songs. "Swing looooooow...sweet cha-riooooooot"! Yeah, i know, you got your I-pad and Blackberry. But hey, they gotta keep you, somewhat, happy. What good is a dead slave?

And, to top it off, they even give you special treats like facebook and twitter; just so you can complain about how horrible slavery is...and how it's everyone's fault...things are so bad...and people are so dishonest.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I couldn't agree more...they give us just enough to stay compliant...and that's all...gotta keep the sheep in line eh?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
LMFAO needs to put out another hit single...

"It's Broken And I Know It"

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Land of the Indentured Servitude.
Home of the Disparaged.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Free speech zones, permits required to protest and systematic police oppression. Slaves at least were fed, clothed and given free health care. We are worse than slaves being expected to pay for all this in a climate of unemployment and down right misery. Squeeze blood from a stone? The 1%ers sure are trying!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
many people in this country fight for it in the armed services every day...and even though I may not be one of these people at this time...I may be in the future and so could any one of you...and besides...we all fight for our country in one way or another sooner or later...

so my question is...if we all fight for our country...why can't it fight for us? because I certainly don't seem to be seeing a whole lot of fighting for the part of us all at the moment...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Free speech zones, permits required to protest and systematic police oppression. Slaves at least were fed, clothed and given free health care. We are worse than slaves being expected to pay for all this in a climate of unemployment and down right misery. Squeeze blood from a stone? The 1%ers sure are trying!

You mean Free Expression Zones? Sort of cramped, if you ask me, but at least there's no barbed wire fences for this event...

edit on 5-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

definitely a little cramped...and there must be a weight limit...and where's my chair? where was that taken at lol

top topics

join