It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-0... THE LIONS? Are they for real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Probably the biggest suprise of this early season is the Detroit Lions at 4-0 (8-0 if you count pre season) What does everyone think are they really a legitimate contender? Will they burn out or meltdown at the end of the season or in the playoffs? It is amazing to see a team that hasnt been to the playoffs in over 20 years start so strong. which other teams have suprised you this season with their start? and who have disappointed you?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Once sgain the Cleveland Browns are off to a disappointing start. I have been a fan for a long time but the "maybe next year" mentality is getting old. Next year, it seems, will never come. Good job Lions!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Who's disappointed me? Arsenal have been a let down so far this season. They have made a poor start. They usually finish in the top 4 of The Premiership and also qualify for the European Champions League.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Don't lose hope!

The Browns are headed in the right direction, McCoy is looking good! The Defense has promising players like TJ Ward, with a good mix of Vets to teach ( like Sheldon Brown) and hand over the reigns one day.

It takes a few years to climb out of the cellar. The Lions are a year or two ahead of your Browns...

Hey atleast your team wasn't talked about being a Superbowl winner and then started off 1-3...damn birds...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I knew the Lions would be better. Maybe 8-8 better, 9-7 better.

BUT THIS?

I mean i knew they had the pieces to be a playoff team, i just thought it'd take a while for Stafford to adjust.

Once they got Fairley in the draft, and all their Linebacker signings(Tulloch, Durant), i knew that the Lions D would be MUCH improved.

But this "we're never out of it" mentality is what really impresses me. That's what makes a great team.

It's a great story, and i love the players they have.

I'm a fan. I saw it coming but not THIS fast.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
And the Colts are 0-4. Good job for the Lions. I have a friend who has been a lifelong Lions fan. Good to see his self torture is finally paying off.

Yep, it's upside down world!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Not to sound like a conspiracy freak or anything, but the whole narrative that is being crafted around the Detroit Lions seems almost too perfect. The scrappy rust belt team that's fallen on some serious hard times in recent years pulling itself up by its bootstraps to come out to a 4-0 start.

Almost seems to sync up with Chrysler's "Imported from Detroit" campaign with the inspirational Eminem musinc in the background.

Then you have the way they've won, down by 20 points or more and coming back at the last second. If one could almost say the whole thing looks scripted, designed to help professional football serve its purpose of placating the masses. This, I'm sure, is playing especially well in blue collar America where people are starting to wake up in greater and greater numbers.

Would you like a loaf of bread with your circus?

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter because it seems my Jets are floundering yet again.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Don't know if it is really that big of a shocker, stink bad enough, long enough, get a bunch of top draft picks.....
Just remember how bad the Cowboys were untill they got Aikman, Smith , and Irvin. Same principle.
4 games in is hard to tell yet, injuries happen, stories about past histories, and other distractions start to come around soon.
Anyway, it's about time Lions fans got something to cheer about for a change.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Bill's starting out 3-1 didn't lose that one by much either. Big suprise after the last few years. Thought they were crazy to get rid of Lee Evans for a 4 round draft pick, but Steve Johnson finally stepped up and stopped dropping the ball.

After watching them in preseason I thought they would only win about 6 games this season. Is a total suprise to me. Bills fan since the start of the AFL.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

If you REALLY wanted to sound like the conspiracy freak talk about the Bills 34 point comeback against the Oilers, or how the Super Bowl teams during Desert Storm had red, white, and blue as their colors (both teams).

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
And the Colts are 0-4. Good job for the Lions. I have a friend who has been a lifelong Lions fan. Good to see his self torture is finally paying off.

Yep, it's upside down world!

Of course they are 0-4 THE COLTS SUCK lol and guess where I live...Indiana and i hate the colts and it is being proven to the whole world what I've been saying all along...once Manning quits its the end of the road for the colts.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Well, perhaps the draft system is working and the LIONS after years of dismal seasons have as a result of having years of first round draft picks have finally built a functional and cohesive team ?

Look at the Bright side....it will only make the Thanksgiving day game that much more entertaining instead of a turkey and tryptophan induced sleeper for a change.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes Lions are for real and you can thank Jim Schwartz for that! He was the Titans defensive coordinator and an awesome coach at that position. When he took the head coaching job with Detroit, I knew it would be an win win situation at some point. Its taken 4 seasons and it can take that long to turn around a real dud of a team but now they have a real chance to make it to the playoffs and beyond. I don't think they are superbowl caliber at this point but they can make it to the second round of playoffs, imo. They will continue to improve during the season. Even though my teams are the Saints and the Titans, I will be rooting for them this season to keep on going. Go Lions!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Yeah well, my Dolphins are 0-4...Coming off of a 7-8 season...Oh, and our starting QB might be out for the season. We are so bad that neither Delhollme or Garrard want to come here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well they didnt quite make it this year. Who do you think will have the worst record next year? will it be the colts agian? or someone else?

new topics

top topics

join