It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is NOW, deal with it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Im not suprised to read on ats topics regarding the evils of OWS or how there is no sense or reasoning behind it. This is what ats is good at; finding flaw in all.

On the verge of economic uncertainty, collapse and straight up bubble burst. End the fed! Bank bailouts too big to fail and couldn't afford to be saved. WAR, OIL, DRUGS, destruction of the constitution. Patriot act, and wtc7! Deepwater horizon Florida and new orleans with Katrina. Follow the money make the money counterfeit gold. Internet censorship and shutdown. FEMA camps homegrown terrorism and state of emergency.

I can go on and on regarding the topics seen on ats over the years and the displeasure in how the gov't handles things treats things and generally does business.

But now during a time we all have been foreshadowing, praying for, and generally hoping for the chance to be heared and there are those who come out and ridicule! "what are they protesting??" "this is stupid" "bunch of uneducated children"

The time is NOW! The time when you may stand tall and voice your opinion! The system is broken in so many ways not one could explain why. It will take us the 99% to voice why we believe it's broken. If you still believe that there is nothing wrong with the current state of the world please ctrl + alt + del and shutdown your computer as you have failed to use it as the tool it has become.

Obama was right about one thing: it is time for change! It's not about the haves and have nots.... It's deeper it's addressing the cannibalisms of society it's about what eats you! If you have no issues or complaints with how the world is run you will be left behind as that 1%

I know this sounds more like a rant but People need to realize this is their chance to be heared, to infect truth instead of the lies and disinfo from msm and the like. Tptb/msm, MTV and all others, they have occupied your mind for long enough!!! Free your mind open it to the possibility that there is a better way!

The time is now!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestyka
But now during a time we all have been foreshadowing, praying for, and generally hoping for the chance to be heared and there are those who come out and ridicule! "what are they protesting??" "this is stupid" "bunch of uneducated children"

cough cough
Ireallydoubtthereisanypaidagentsonthissitehaha
cough cough

It's a scam brother, it really makes me laugh as well. "Oh, but, we don't need people getting up and protesting "nothing"" as if they are protesting nothing.

I am currently taking the initiative to get a local movement started. And the activists may support any cause they wish,

and the general consensus seems to be people unhappy with the government, demanding change from the government

edit on 3-10-2011 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2011 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
6 reasons to protest.

1. Unemployment is skyrocketing.

The common laborer is being taken out by technology. Factories are becoming automated. Because of the financial crisis, most companies are working with only as many employees as they need, rather than hiring more. This causes the ones hired, to work very hard, expecting to put work first, before family. While they still have to live off food stamps. And they're supposed to think they're lucky for having a job? It's slavery. So people with these jobs should be protesting, and all the unemployed should be protesting. Thats a lot of people with some very serious problems with the government.

2.Bail outs.
Because the rich are rich, and the federal reserve system is acting like a shadow government, they can keep on printing money for themselves. All the rich, just bail themselves out. When they are low on money, they write themselves a check. This is detrimental to the entire economy, money made out of nothing, is exactly that. Without people having to earn that money, you're simply turning money back into what it really is, paper.

3. The social divide

With the above reason, this is also causing gap that is ever increasing between the classes. The rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. This is causing people to live lives they do not want to live. For no reason at all. This is causing two parents, to have to work, full time, in order to raise their children. Which is causing a disconnection with family and loved ones. Work is becoming more important that going to your daughters recital, or your sons soccer game. This is not right, nor is it fair. Meanwhile, the rich continue living their lives, as if there is nothing out of the ordinary. They enjoy themselves, and pay no attention to the people that don't have it so well.

4. The education system
It sucks. Lotteries to get your children into a decent school, to having to pay huge amounts of cash just to get an education in your career choice. Then once you've gone through 7 years of school to become a doctor, you realize that everyone else did the same thing, so there is no jobs available. Go work at Mc donalds... which oh, everyone else is already trying to apply there too. Good luck. There is no point in even going to post secondary school anymore, puts you in more debt than you can handle, especially trying to pay it off with a mcdonalds salary. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, welcome to america.

5.Money, inflation, economy

Food, gas, supplies, and entertainment, is all skyrocketing. Anyone with a minimum wage job, is not going to get any enjoyment out of life, even if they are single. With the rising prices on everything, we can barely keep up with our bills. The dollar is becoming less and less valuable by the day, and the economy is showing no signs of that changing. There has been no economic growth to speak of, and when you look around the globe, this is not a local problem. But if you're rich, theres nothing wrong the economy, at all. Enjoy yourself.

6.Greed vs the worlds problems

There is poverty everywhere. People are starving and dying, and the worlds resources are being raped faster than we can thrust. We live in a world that is in a state of decline. All in the name of greed. The worlds problems could all be solved, if the rich, gave back to the poor. Rather than taking from them, and all their resources, there is plenty for everyone. If we would stop using oil, which is only used because of profit, that would solve several problems. But we will use oil until there is nothing left, because the only thing that matters in life, is money. Profit is more important than you. If we don't have a dollar sign over our head showing we are worth something of value, we are dismissed, and ignored. Nikola Tesla knew this. He tried to change the world, he knew there was way. But that way has been suppressed, truth has been supressed. All in the name of greed.

We live in a world of abundance, if we did things without profit in mind, everyone would have their fair share. A new system needs to be born. The monetary system is over. Forget all the old systems, no more isms, no more ists. How about a system of abundance, there there is no 1% and there is no 99%, but simply, a 100%.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestyka

Here here! Yes, it's ridiculous that now that an actual vehicle to express and support the need for change is here, there are actually ATS members rejecting and deriding it. I suspect they think this site is a political stage, and are trying to make this *yet another* divisive political thing. As if we need one more. The radio hosts and news networks must have been hard at work spreading their agendas today, is all I can say.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm getting ready for Occupy Austin.
The banks have thieved our labors for far too long.
They own the government.
They own the police.

Time to do something.
What they are really afraid of is that we all watched what people are doing across the middle east.
They forgot we invented what they did, using social networking to empower ourselves.
Hell, they forgot we existed, except for how much money they could make off of us.
Sure, the state structure is much stronger here.
But so are we.

Watch out PTB.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, there is no coherent theme or single line of thought to these protests save one:

The BS has gone far enough, and the time has come to do something about it.

Everyone has different priorities, different ideas about what the most pressing issues facing us may be. Anyone paying any attention at all should be able to come up with a staggering list of things that have gone on that are just plain wrong.

It's like the pressure has built up to the point where it must be released in some way. Whether or not everyone is on the same page as to what the main focus should be, the "fed up" point has been reached. That's what I think it is all about, and I am glad to see it.

edit on 3-10-2011 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Something struck true, it is sad that in our system, "Those who produce nothing profit all"....In the old days it was the skill of the craftsman that determined his worth.......I know this is a gross simplification of reality, but how does the financial sector(any part of it) actually assist the society as a whole in progressing forward.....Do they give us something to wear, something to eat, something to live in, or even something to play with....

I know they provide us with securities, such as retirement portfolios(that has worked well),....I know they give us the money to buy a house(oh wait, if we don't have the money, couldn't we go to the owner and structure a payment plan between us), ......Oh I got it, they give us a secure place to store our money....store our money, right at a small fee here and there, a fuzzy math system that sets us up for failure and overdraft fees. There are so many examples in my own life in which the banks policies set the client up to have absolutely no clue how much money is in their accounts. In a world as tech as ours, there is zero reason that a check, deposit, or credit should take 3-5 days to 'process' into your account....especially when the charges are instantaneous.....The only reason, to give them more time with your money so they can make interest off YOUR MONEY.

That is just the average bank.....the sins of the more complex financial organizations are insane. Playing shell games with a families future, criminal.....we all have examples, so I won't berate the point....
edit on 3-10-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

cough cough
Ireallydoubtthereisanypaidagentsonthissitehaha

Not disinfo agents.... Just misinformed members See OWS absurd stage and the few threads asking why.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This topic is really making me sick the more I look into it the more anger builds, more tears start to form, my heart bleeds for us the 99% that we are being divided by this, when I found ATS I was looking for answers but lately its been just sketchy shady topics that are in the main limelight (and are believed).

When I found ATS I learned about the NWO and everyone on ATS was so passionate about stopping it yet to my great disapointment found out (in recent weeks) that the 99% of ATS is just a bunch of keyboard warriors (a dog with all bark and no bite).

YOU have asked for change, YOU have asked for a voice, YOU have asked for THIS.

Now.......YOU...... don't want this?.

Why, Because they're of a younger generation? have you not watched any of the videos its almost 50/50.
Because to you, they're dumb as they are not apart of ATS? and are unaware of what we know, (who knows what is on ATS is even real)who cares.
Because they're hippies?, isn't the theme of ATS deny ignorance?
Because your scared of the police?

Honestly a belting over the head for the GREATER GOOD of MANKIND is nothing a little bit of time in a cell is nothing for your children's future.

It doesn't matter where the voice comes from as long as its heard!.

It doesn't matter how many times we get hit for every hit we grow stronger tenfold

DENY IGNORANCE
EMBRACE UNITY

Peace

I'm Outie

Ps:whats the go with the US stock markets, are they crashing? if so why, coz of these protests?
Just I was watching news this morning and they were talking bout the us stock market saying it is gone down and it has something to do with greece, I have not seen one report on this on any mainstream Aussie news, how can this be the move of TPTB.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Agree completely, take hollywood as an example.....How many movies show the one individual willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. We had a long discussion about this in the Marines going to WS thread....

The true show of character is the willingness to sacrifice for the better good with no possible gain. The mark of a hero is to stand against the overwhelming forces to protect the right.....This is what our folk tales, stories and fables center around, this is the qualities we admire, why is it so hard to find it in our society......Absentee parents, the damn 60's,70's, and 80's.....Hmm, wasn't there something like this going on then......some protests about a war or conflict? Some have asked what these protests accomplish, well, they had a good deal to do with American attitude towards Vietnam....

If we belittle these individuals, it is the same as scoffing at someone questioning a bill that will require you to wait an extra three minutes....If it is wrong, then it needs to be addressed, either in the micro or macro.......period. If it is wrong, it is wrong,.....Follow these steps....Step 1, Fix,...Step 2....It.....Step 3.....FIX IT,....procrastination will only make things worse.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestyka

Here's an article I found that just came out on marketwatch.com and I think it paints the picture very well, atleast from an economists position.

A new Lost Decade is leading to revolution

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (MarketWatch) — Memo to the Super Rich, your high-paid lobbyists and your no-compromise political puppets whose sole mission is destroying the presidency: Yes, you are succeeding. You’re also killing the economy.

BTW - This article is 2 pages long.

The beginning of the article says the 1st lost decade (2000-2010) began because of greed,corruption, ect...then on to the new one

Unfortunately, the new one gets worse: Why? The coming Lost Decade is a backdrop for a wave of class warfare destined to trigger a historic revolution in American politics, bigger than the ‘29 Crash and Great Depression.

It goes on to list five major signs of America’s new Lost Decade 2011-2021

1. Decade of debt stagnation till 2021

Barron’s Gene Epstein warns that Obama’s latest is “Too Little, Too Late.” Even if the president “gets everything he asked for in his new proposals, it won’t reduce our growing public debt. And he won’t get it all.”

2. Investors lose faith, bailing out

Over at the Wall Street Journal Tom Lauricella warns “Investors lose faith in stocks … in a historic retreat, investors world-wide during the three months through August pulled some $92 billion out of stock funds in the developed markets,” more than reversing the total “put into those funds since stocks bottomed in 2009.”

Also for number 2, September was horrible for the stocks. Some fell to their lowest the entire year, and yesterday wasnt pretty either.

3. Fed surrenders, cannot fix economy

In a Cleveland speech last week Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke warned that with 45% of the unemployed out more than six months, long-term unemployment is now a “national crisis” the Fed cannot fix. “Unheard of … this has never happened in the post-war period.” They’re “losing the skills they had, they are losing their connections, their attachment to the labor force.” But a job-killing Congress won’t act.

4. Wall Street still doesn’t get it

Wall Street is deaf, blind and myopic, wants no limits on “all manner of bets on the market,” even at the “risk of a U.S. recession.” Only a catastrophe will wake Wall Street.

5. Yes, America’s second Lost Decade just began

The above are from an economists opinion. Of course there are other reasons for this, some listed in the posts above. Im still suprised marketwatch would release an article like this.

From what I see in the recent events, people have had it and are coming together even if they dont have the same individual reason for being angry,

Here's a bit from the 2nd page of the article.

Next, expect many more class wars, regional rebellions, uprisings against the wealthy — yes, this is the second American Revolution.

Am I really seeing the above sentence in the media?

Yes, ‘the people’ have lost faith in voting … and in democracy

Wake up folks: The myopic media is trapped in 2012 “campaign mode,” in a time warp delivering mind-numbing reality shows featuring the latest soap-opera sound bites about Mitt, Rick, Chris, Newt, Michele and their endless games.

Meanwhile, off-camera something big is happening, in the real world, a historic, cultural shift exploding all across America and the world. Something the media, bankers and politicians still can’t grasp.

Isnt this nearly exactly what we on ATS have been saying for years? The game is rigged?

Get it? The people have lost faith in voting. Not just lost faith in the markets and economy. The public no longer has faith in democracy. They know voting is irrelevant, nothing ever changes. They now know their world is being manipulated by a powerful cabal of wealthy special interests, corporate bosses, bankers, lobbyists and self-serving politicians.

Voters know they’re being played for suckers. The game is rigged. And they’ve also figured out that change will come only after a revolution, one they’re triggering.

This may just be the most interesting October Ive ever experienced in my life.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
this is what im saying, we have been talking of this since 2007 when i joined ats.... we all have been saying its time to stand up for what we believe to be right....from 911 to 2012..... let us challenge them, let us settle the disputes discussions and debates once and for all. let those reap what they sow and those sleep in the beds they've made.

today....the state of the world is so F'd up that it can not be brought back by conventional means..... these people are afraid..... they are afraid of the truth.... they like the sand.... it feels good in their ears.

they are afraid to hear they live a lie
they are afraid to hear they have wasted their lives
they are afraid to admit they were wrong
they are afraid of change

your soldiers die for their country......
i heared on one of the OWS videos "nobody is willing to die for this sh**" while confronted by police

YOU ARE AFRAID TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES

edit on 4-10-2011 by Majestyka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Wait for it.... Wait for it... Wait for it... OKAY NOW

(oh, how sad, some of the folks are all turned around and confused)
Come on guys get out of the starting gate, turn around and look out there see all those people going... It's okay you'll catch up... One step forward, yeh, that's it... now the next foot... Good... don't worry it's not really a race it's just that some of the others are anxious and happy and couldn't wait for it to happen, they'll wait for you... Don't be afraid they wont pick on you... It's okay to be a little slower, really... Just keep on trying, there are no losers... Don't be mad or angry... see some are waiting for you... okay, now the next foot

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's not nothing. It's everything.

If you were to look at anything that is not sourced by mainstream media outlets, you would find a lot of merits as why this is happening. Those that believe the protests are happening without any sort of goal or agenda are sadly mistaken and unaware. If you choose to or not to support something, at least understand what it's about before you actually act.

It is interesting to note that the American colonists were painted in similar light before the Revolutionary War. Other Americans weren't sure what to make of them, or even if what they thought they stood for was right or what they wanted, but they many eventually chose to support them because they all agreed on one thing: change.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Why you.. You just hit the nail on the spot! I have noticed this also. About 99% of us on ATS wants this system to be stopped. And now, it has finally come, people are protesting against the corruption, and as you know.. When the people protest against something bad (Like the System etc), a lot of people on ATS call it false flag operations, CIA/Mossad involvement and so forth.. (You get the picture)

Whenever something happens, that goes against the Governments of the Earth.. Something that is good.. It's instantly labelled a false-flag operation so they can 'control' us more.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
im reading now that the protests are funded by profiteers and there are evil doers behind it all
why condemn a good protest? seriously..... when this amount of people get together to demonstrate there is NO AGENDA to be pushed!

you can NOT secretly push an agenda unless that agenda is to provoke revolution.....and even still this is what is needed!!!!

mind you hopefully it all goes down peaceful and Obama doesn't get the nearest navy ship to start shelling wall street like what happened to the people in Libya....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Good luck getting people to stand up, remeber what obama said...american's are lazy....
and TPTB are counting on that.....

No matter what you say everyone just wants to sit at home and be comfortable, not rock the boat, maybe others will do it..

Actually the time to act was when congress was passing those bills that deregulated the financial sector, why didn't anyone act then...

maybe cause.... what did obama say...oh yeah american's are lazy...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
americans who cannot afford food
do not have a job
cannot find a job
cannot afford housing
or lost hundreds of thousands of $$ in the housing bubble

these people are more than happy to stand up and fight for some pie......

but yes most are waaay to comfy in their made in china lifestyles to even care what goes on in the world as long as Britney spears is not pregnant again!
edit on 4-10-2011 by Majestyka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
oh a couple more things I forgot to say THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING,
I don't know what it's like in america on the news but here in aus I have heard nothing of these protests nothing on any news source, the people need to see this disgusting type of behaviour, we are the 99% there is only 5 degrees of seperation (no longer six we don't need their 1%) the more people the quicker the movement grows so instead of sitting back waiting for YOUR next agenda to arise.

Oh no comet elenin/niburu,reptillians we need government clarity, we need to stop this etc etc instead of worrying about farfetchd ideas that we as a whole cannot do anything to stop,or has everyone forgot that we couldn't even stop our own technology from falling back into earth uncontrobally?.

Seems like ATS has become ACCEPT IGNORANCE, DENY IMPORTANCE.

Our brothers and sisters laid their personal safety on the line for some crap we have been on about for years and now we accept NO RESPONSIBILITY? we are apart of this movement as much as Anonymous.

Honestly when you say something either stick to it 100% all the way or don't bother simple as that I'm sick of wasting my time reading your threads of "importance" regarding these matters before this movement and now you deny any of your words? that is just as cowardly as the police brutality shown in these protests and if you need a reason im sure OWS youtube police brutality vids should be enough to want a change.

If not then you have learnt nothing from your time here on ATS.

WE ARE THE 99%

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

I am currently taking the initiative to get a local movement started. And the activists may support any cause they wish,

and the general consensus seems to be people unhappy with the government, demanding change from the government

In your little hometown? A local movement aimed at whatever the folks that show up want to "move against"?

And all you're getting is grumpy people pissed off at the "government"?

Why that's incredible! You need to contact CNN with this!

Twenty people in your hometown have decided that "the government" is where all the problems are located, and where all the change needs to happen. I see. So, did they specify which "government"? Is it the federal government, or are they irritated with Pete, Bill, Ted, and those idiots down at the Mayor's office?

Man, small town minds are why the Tea Party is so much fun to watch.

<<   2 >>

join