It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adobe Max keynote presentation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Did anyone else watch the Max keynote presentation today? If not they're replaying it at max.adobe.com...

I know they kept mentioning scribble but the 2 items that really got me happy were Proto and the 3dish layers.
Other highlights that stuck out (my connection was lagging so I'm sure I missed some things since it was choppy):
digital publishing suite single edition
Typekit, adobe bought Typekit

I think I'd be more excited about the touch features if I had a tablet but I only have a laptop. The editing images and being about to publish with the layers and being able to manipulate those layers. It gives a nice range of possibilities.
edit on 3-10-2011 by kittendaydreamer because: fixing grammar.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I really wanted to go to Adobe Max, but couldnt make it this year. I have been a Business Catalyst partner for almost 4 years now, and I loved it when Adobe bought them out.

Have you seen the BC system?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Randellg

I've seen a video on BC's features but I've never actually used BC, still a poor student so maybe in the future because it looks useful.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Give me a shout if you have any questions. I worked with the guys who created BC directly before they sold out to Adobe. I have done about 100 or more sites in the system so far. Its really easy to use, and I know how to work around most of BC's issues so that helps a lot when working with a out of the box cms system.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thank you! I will, I plan on using the trial to make a portfolio site and then once I get it looking decent then to upgrade to the paid. I'm guessing in a few months once I'm finished devoting 99% of my free time to my programming class.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What type of programming are you taking?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

c++ but I'd also like to look into _javascript on my own since it's not required for my classes but c++ is.On that note I need to work on my actionscript from last quarter too.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If you are wanting to use BC trust me when I say learn JS or at least learn jQuery. Everything in BC is client side so JS is going to become your best friend in order to bend the system to your will

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thanks for the advice. Today's keynote is supposed to start in just a few minutes. max.adobe.com... I'm wondering if they're going to mention flash today since they didn't mention it yesterday.

join