It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaping from Zip Ties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thought these might be relevant in these times of protest.

Different methods for escaping from zip ties which seem to be the prefered use for them of late, that being to render harmless protesters...harmless

Anyway hope these get put to good use.

I thought this one was pretty clever...utilizing your boot lace...

And more to be found here - occupyamerica.ning.com...

enjoy

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
wow, awesome find. this needs a million flags.

in the last video he says its the fourth method. is there another method you missed?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
One of the most useful vids for the days ahead.

Anyone of us that puts actions to our words in the coming days will definitely find this useful.

If you have a friend or family member in NY at the protests, send this to their phones.

S&F

Thanks!

edit on 2-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

You have to be peaceful to understand it's power in relation to protest.

We shouldn't be figuring out how to get out of the ties..

We should be PRE tying our hands together in the 1000's and slowly and carefully walking into the federal reserve building.

Put leather wrist bands on. Zip tie your wrist to your neighbor's. Repeat. Walk to your intended destination.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The best way to escape from zip ties, is to never be in them.

Also, on a side note, you can get a note from your Doctor stating you will have mental health issues if your hands are bound.

Seriously, I know a guy who carries this in his wallet!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Closed pending Staff Review

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Burglars,kidnappers,and terrorists use these to hold people against there will. This information could save lives!

plus less intelligent people can get stuck in them on accident
edit on 3-10-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Would this work on the $3 double cuff zip ties you would likely encounter instead of a standard zip tie? Probably not.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Glad to see the Mods decided we were grown up enough to be allowed to view these vids.
Just remember if you thought you were in a world of trouble by getting cuffed and detained,
just wait till you break free!

You had better be prepared to run your ass off.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
this thread being re-opened is like some kind of metaphor.

carry on ye tinfoil soldiers! escape ye bonds of plastic!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Closed pending Staff Review

still wondering why this was even considered?

Censorship over something like this?
come on now.
Really?

I follow guidelines because this is ATS's house and it's their rules, and I agree to follow them when I joined... but seriously guys, why would you even consider this thread to be threatening to ATS?

Im not arguing to keep or close threads like this ( doesnt matter, it's your house, Im just a guest here), but could someone just give please us a bit of insight into why staff would even consider censoring a thread like this?

Just seems like a strange Mindset to have for ATS staff, that's all.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ok, that's all neat and everything but when I've seen people put in zips, there are two of them linked together, not just a single one around both hands. I suppose you could try to break them apart from each other but you better have plenty of time on your hands.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
Ok, that's all neat and everything but when I've seen people put in zips, there are two of them linked together, not just a single one around both hands. I suppose you could try to break them apart from each other but you better have plenty of time on your hands.

You can bet that's exactly why they went ahead and cleared the thread. Semper's loyalty is typical,IMO.
I don't really blame him tho. I"d bet real money he does try to be a good cop . Still, he da poliiiice.

I think it's cool how ATS has SUPER MODULATORS. Marvin the Martian is the chit.

Screwed
What you said. Breaking out of your binds or cuffs. Not to smart in my opinion. You can't out run a radio and I've
seen the results of that dumb idea. It ain't pretty. Consider wearing a red bandanna at party for the Crypts.

edit on 4-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)
:
:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by randyvs

thanx for posting OP. I wanted to come back and post so here we are. Keep it up. Would 2nd line if I could.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

still wondering why this was even considered?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There are lots and lots of reasons to review something like this. This is just my opinion as a member, but consider all the pitfalls:
Is this advice even real? Does it really work? Is it dangerous and can someone get hurt?
Is it legal? Do we want to be showing people how to escape custody?

My biggest concern was the validity of the video. The one where he snaps it behind his back looks fake to me. I'm going to go home and try it, but I do not think there is enough force behind the back to do that, and I suspect those zip ties were modified to break easily. He also tightens it down in the front with his teeth and no warning to not try this alone. Suppose someone cuts off the circulation to their hands and then can't break free?

The good news is, the thread was re-opened. I'm surprised to see the criticism over just reviewing the thread?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

the friction saw method (last video) would still work on double cuff zipties.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Carry a razor blade in your back pocket....but make sure you keep the card board protector on it. Then, when they cuff you...you'll have PLENTY of time to cut through them. It's only plastic! Or, carry a cuticle cutter...the ones that are used to manicure nails, or even a small knife.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There are lots and lots of reasons to review something like this. This is just my opinion as a member, but consider all the pitfalls:
Is this advice even real? Does it really work? Is it dangerous and can someone get hurt?
Is it legal? Do we want to be showing people how to escape custody?

The answer to all of that is NO believe me. Not in this day and age. Take it from someone who doesn't mind people knowing. I've been arrested 32 times on minor crap. Always treated the officers with respect and always got the same in return. Never a violent arrest. But I have seen some crap that made me understand that they just do not want to flock around. What they can do they will do. That's just how it works best for them.

Ok my bad yes someone can definetly get hurt. And you can just imagine who that will be. NO JOKE !

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Is this advice even real?

seemed real enough in the video. i suppose it could be CGI

Does it really work?

i tryed it on some smaller zip ties and it worked. and it worked in the video but then again i resort to the cgi possibility

Is it dangerous and can someone get hurt?

i suppose anything could be if done improperly. all the more reason for proper instructions(i.e. video)

Is it legal?

yes. why wouldnt it be?

Do we want to be showing people how to escape custody?

the video never mentions useing it to escape custody. i suppose if we just assume that is the purpose, then we should apply the same logic to Firestarting videos in the survival forum assuming people will use it to burn down the white house.

My biggest concern was the validity of the video. The one where he snaps it behind his back looks fake to me. I'm going to go home and try it, but I do not think there is enough force behind the back to do that

in that particular method i believe its more leverage doing it, than force.

im amazed that you dont see the obviousness in our concern for why this thread was reviewed.

it was an assumption by the staff that this were to be used in a malicious manner concerning current events. furthermore this is a conspiracy site so naturally most of us tinfoil warriors are going to assume a conspiracy is at hand.

if the video does not state a motive we cannot therefore just assign it one all based on one seemingly negative possibility. if we did this with all videos, we would be left with nothing but steve erkle clips and commercial advertisements.

see my previous post for several legitimate reason why one would need to know how to properly escape a ziptie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join