It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Creation - New Earthquake and Tsunami safety capsule.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A Japanese Company CosmoPower has created a new type of safety vessel called Noah.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At £2.5k, it's quite pricey.

People who live in earthquake areas, prone to potential tsunamis, would you buy one?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
NO way, I'll take my chances with a tsunami! The clausterphobia would kill me in the first place.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
IDK about that. What is to keep you from being buried in it? So you are buried in a mud slide and slowly suffocate?Does it have a beacon? So , if you are washed out to sea you are just out there without food or water until someone sees your yellow ball? Ummmmm.... so far I'd have to say no thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I get the claustrophobia bit of it, it would be like climbing into a bright yellow coffin.
If a tsunami siren went off, it was miles to high ground and I had one of those to hand, it may seem like a lifeboat on a sinking ship.

You wouldn't want to get in one but when the situation was right, maybe you would?
edit on 30-9-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I thought of this a few years back while drinking with friends and thought it was a great idea and I'm glad someone is at least trying to invent it. The reason we lost interest in the idea is we figured nobody would survive the beating they would take inside of it during a big Tsunami. It'd be like being trapped in a washing machine on spin cycle till you die

No thanks I'll take my chances trying to outrun it or getting above it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Maybe, I guess if I were put in a situation like that then I'm sure I would go into survival mode. I would certainly hate to look out that little minature window and see thousands of those yellow balls floating around at sea. Not only would I get clausterphobia but I would be wondering who in the hell are they gonna save first!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
I thought of this a few years back while drinking with friends and thought it was a great idea and I'm glad someone is at least trying to invent it. The reason we lost interest in the idea is we figured nobody would survive the beating they would take inside of it during a big Tsunami. It'd be like being trapped in a washing machine on spin cycle till you die

No thanks I'll take my chances trying to outrun it or getting above it.

That's a good point, thinking back to those videos of the surges mixed with all that debris, I suppose it would be like being in a washing machine, only one that kept getting smashed against things.

I'd still probably jump in one, if I knew I couldn't get to high ground though. I suppose it depends on the geography of where you live. If the roads or main road gets blocked full of cars making your escape too slow, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
To me it looks a little fragile to withstand some of the impacts it might receive during a large tsunami.
I don't know I suppose it may be okay but still, I think I would rather take my chances on foot.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

no way - no how

it is of such limited utility - that you are better off being on your feet and able to react

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure how a pole dancer is going to help but you may as well be prepared.

ok, i really do know how they will help

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
very interesting idea. good find Jono..

from the comments section of the link you provided...lol

They already have these there called nissan micras

peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
very interesting idea. good find Jono..

from the comments section of the link you provided...lol

They already have these there called nissan micras

peace.

Lol Howmuch.

I'd definitely take my chances in the yellow ball than driving away from a tsunami in a Nissan Micra.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I wonder how well that thing will hold up when a bus gets shoved over it by the rushing water.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not the type of thing I would go for, been bashed around a bit on fair sized ships in force 10 gales and can't quite grasp what a Tsunami would be like in one of those things.. but the thought of what it might be like is pretty horrifying.
edit on 9/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

I don't think you'd stand much chance being hit by a bus, maybe you'd just bounce off it and float with the current, I really don't know.
You'd take a fair few knocks but you'd have a better chance of surviving in it than fighting the current with all that debris around you unprotected.
I guess you'd have to weigh up the odds of being able to make it to higher ground, not only yourself but your family too.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You'd be alive though. A few air bags would help.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Along with padded crash webbing, and plenty of tranquillisers

and not very good if you are out shopping.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

A Micra would be the worst thing to try and survive anything in, they are made of tinfoil.
edit on 13-10-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join