It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BF3....not very good, more like COD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So i decided to download the Beta...and DAMN, im disappointed.

I had pre-ordered it from Play.com, and have just cancelled the order after 20 minutes of playing it.
To be honest, i think they have ruined it, its nothing like battlefield, its more like Call Of Duty now

The graphics are pants, the gameplay is crap....ive been waiting for months for it to come out only to find that its crap!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a far better game, despite being a few years old now.

Has anyone else played it yet? What do you think?
edit on 30-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Lol dissapointed.
You dont play with the vehicles, you're playing a download beta, it's laggy.

Waste of money?

Potentially dozens of hours of entertainement for $60?
Go to a movie 6 times you spend 12 hours there...
I spend $60 on BF3 and will probably spend 100+ hours on it

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
BTW: I've been playing since beta came out.
It will be the best shooter that came out this year, and other games will die as this one becomes the trend game. I'll rate this game as a 7.7 or so, but that's only the one map one game type beta

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why do you think it's called a beta? You are supposed to report in their forums what problems you are having this helps them with the finished product.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Lol dissapointed.
You dont play with the vehicles, you're playing a download beta, it's laggy.

Waste of money?

Potentially dozens of hours of entertainement for $60?
Go to a movie 6 times you spend 12 hours there...
I spend $60 on BF3 and will probably spend 100+ hours on it

Its not laggy...ive not experienced any lag.

Just crap graphics and even crapper game play.

The guns are like COD guns, no bullet drop. The sound in the game is crap, nowhere near as good as BFBC2.
Hardly anything can be destroyed.

My main problem is the graphics...they are pretty much identical to COD....Nuke town kinda style....crap.

If i wanted to buy a game like medal of honor id have bought medal of honor.

Have you played the beta??? Had you played bad company 2 before the beta??

Im going to keep the money and carry on with bfbc2

EDIT: Loads of campers just laid in bushes with sniper rifles taking you out every time you move.
The guns reload in about 1 second, unlike in bfbc2 where it took a realistic amount of time to reload.

They have taken a perfectly good franchise and ruined it to get people from COD onto it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes this looks so damn crap........Stop trolling.

The guy in the jet is so freakishly good already

The metro map was not real battlefield, try caspian border for the real thing, and remember its beta!

edit on 30-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I disagree with your statement. I play mine on a 32" Sony Bravia with HDMI inputs and the graphics are actually really good. I have fallen through the map but that is to be expected as it is a BETA. Another thing is the voice connection keeps becoming garbled. I do wish they gave us 2 maps so we can at least use vehicles and get a feel for them. The guns are highly realistic. The only downside is when you are a medic and someone gets blown up by a grenade you can revive them, that aspect should be eliminated as they were just blown to bits.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Learn what words mean dude before using them...just makes you look like a teenager with a chip on their shoulder

Its my opinion....i think they have ruined it.

If you had played Bfbc2 you would see what im saying.

Sound - Crap
Graphics - Crap
Realism - Crap
Weapons - Crap

I know its only 1 map on the Beta, but i cant see a reason to buy it now ive played it and seen its not like BF anymore.

When the game comes out, it will be the case where most of the team sits waiting for planes and vehicles, and dont bother playing the game how it was intended to be played.

I play bfbc2, and you have it on there. People waiting for half a game in the base just to get a go of the helicopters....you cant win a game when 4 or 5 of your team mates are all waiting to do some flying.

Its going to be a nightmare with the maps that have planes.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

I play it on a 42" Lg Plasma....HDMI...its nothing to do with my set up.
I have gaming headphones too....so i know 100% the sound quality is far crapper than its predecessor .

I can hear people changing a mag on bfbc2...cant on this.

The explosions look crap....they look like something out of a game made in 2000.

Im very disappointed, it doesnt mean everyone will be.

Most of my friends who play bfbc2 have said the same thing, 2 have just cancelled their orders after playing the Beta.

Im not retarded, i know what a Beta is....the problem isnt with falling through scenery, its the look and feel of the game. This will not be changed before release...so im not buying it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
double post! oops

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

This must be PC beta, no jets on PS3 neither with the other map.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Yes pc beta, I had the pleasure to play caspian border for a few hours today at a friends house. The game is fantastic, and a true sucessor to BF2 pc. I totally disagree with everything the op said, just look at the vids I posted
you can clearly see he is talking out of his blowhole...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just tried logging in to play some BF3 on Ps3 and I keep getting some unknown error, anyone else trying to play and can't?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Jet's look like fun....may have to get back into my Fighter Ace days (for those that don;t know,it was a sick WWII online combat flight sim. hundreds in each game) Using a joystick vs someone wadsing will be no contest.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Vardoger because: added flight...to sim

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's a beta bro....

its suppose to be jaggy and terrible looking it's not even final build

all the betas purpose is for is to fix what they need fixing

hence, all the fecal matter u are listing

come on bro this is DICE this game will be perfect on october 25th...

remember its a beta not a demo

the file was only 1/1/2 gigs...... compressed audio , low textures .. come on be logical

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Are you a COD whore or did Activision pay you to say this LoL

We all know COD is the same of crap every year with the same graphics engine with a new coat of paint.. NO destructible enviorments.. etc...

The battlefield series realistically is where call of duty should have evolved by now

But you know activision

they will milk COD to death just like they did guitar hero..

I refuse to give activision money for the same game ever year

Frostibite engine 2 is amazing

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hes just trolling, the graphics are the same as bad company 2, they have just been updated with some graphic filters.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Apparently not being a die hard BF2 fan means you can't judge BF3....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
LMFAO COD??? nope

i have played Bfbc2 its a great game. as far as 3 goes ive been playing the beta for 3 days now and you just crazy. i love the new sound i like the old sound from bfbc2 but i love the new sound.

bullet drop yes they do fire an rpg and see what happens. the prone is the biggest change which i growing to hate but love.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
now i wish map destruction is on a greater level cause on operation metro the only real building damage is on the final phase of rush but i love the new changes.

i just unlocked defibrilator for the assault its a lil lanky but im more than happy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join