It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch Swinging in a Tree Video, Ontario Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

In July of 2010, two Bigfoot researchers were on location in southwest Ontario, Canada. They were capturing footage of the surrounding forest. At the time of the event, the group didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. However, after reviewing their footage, a collection of figures can be seen swinging in the trees above. The motion is extremely fast. When watching the video at full speed, it is impossible to identify the objects without knowing what to look for. However, the footage was captured with a quality camera, which has the ability to strongly enhance the tape. In the clip, two adult Sasquatch can be seen making some unbelievable moves.

As stated in a thread before this one, I am kind of on a Bigfoot binge. I am just looking for other videos of the creature.

This is a strange video and another one that peaked my attention.

If this isn't a Bigfoot, what else could it be? As a resident of Canada I have no idea of anything that can move in trees like this creature. It is quite incredible what the creature is doing in the video.

It's too bad the researchers didn't notice this creature, it would have been much better zoomed and focused in, but I thought it was an interesting video anyway.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
An auburn Bigfoot? Screams orang-utan to me. Looks like 1 in the initial screenshot as well. Why an Orang-utan would be swinging about tree's in Ontario is beyond me, but its more logical than it being a Bigfoot.
Dont get me wrong, Im not a complete disbeliever of sasquatch, just dont think this is a video of 1.
cheers,
L

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbdulAlhazred
An auburn Bigfoot? Screams orang-utan to me. Looks like 1 in the initial screenshot as well. Why an Orang-utan would be swinging about tree's in Ontario is beyond me, but its more logical than it being a Bigfoot.
Dont get me wrong, Im not a complete disbeliever of sasquatch, just dont think this is a video of 1.
cheers,
L

Tend to agree with you and considering Canadian laws for keeping wild animals as a private collection was (in the last few years following death and injuries of family members/owners) very relaxed only to be tightened up as of late - sorry don't know the dates but I'm sure private owners rather than adhere to regulation or keeping animals without the authorities being aware would simply allow them to live free - these people get very attached and would rather they be freed than taken to some kind of zoo.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
what i like about the bigfoot phenomenon, is that it may actually be proven true one day. dna evidencee or a body would basicly be one of the biggest stories of the century overnight. the likelyhood of it happeneing are much greater than more unprovable super natural/paranormal events. bigfoot/yetti has some legitimate science (evolution) on its side.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Think you've hit the nail on the head. Im in scotland, and there was a similar thing with large cats being spotted, tracks found etc. The general idea is exactly what your saying. People used to be able to keep private zoo's, but some time in the 70's a law was past where certain animals were no longer allowed to be kept, and any already in private collections were to be terminated, so people may have set them free instead of having them put down. I know what id do if "the Man" told me I had to have my big kitty put down.....

On the bigfoot subject, you may already have heard of it, but theres another potential bi-pedal ape believed to exist, in Sumatra i think. its called the Orang-Pendek. Alleged to be much smaller, about 4ft-ish and covered in orange fur. heres a link to the wiki page on it.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-9-2011 by AbdulAlhazred because: added link

edit on 29-9-2011 by AbdulAlhazred because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is very cool. I've had an interest in cryptozoology since I was a kid, and one of the upcoming episodes of my ATS series - The Truth Is Viral - will focus on the Michigan Dogman.

The History Channel has labeled the "Gable sighting" a hoax, but others dispute that; there are many other sightings of the Michigan Dogman that have never been debunked. For those unfamiliar, the Dogman is also called the "Beast of Bray Road."

I just happened to meet a guy who has written 5 books on the subject over the Summer, and he has agreed to take me out on an expedition to find evidence of it before hunting season starts in November. I'm really looking forward to that.

I really do believe that there are cryptozoological oddities such as Bigfoot and the Dogman still alive in the woods of the US. Some say that they are proto-humans that survived the various ice ages by hiding in caves, AND from civilization.
edit on 9/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Fascinating - thanks for sharing!

There are some very large forests in the world and considering the lack of human visitation to the areas, it would be easy for animals such as these to survive undisturbed for long periods of time if not for ever.

I do wonder if these are as described - are there cases of farm animals being mutilated at all? I would imagine there would be but ..........?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by OldCorp

Fascinating - thanks for sharing!

There are some very large forests in the world and considering the lack of human visitation to the areas, it would be easy for animals such as these to survive undisturbed for long periods of time if not for ever.

I do wonder if these are as described - are there cases of farm animals being mutilated at all? I would imagine there would be but ..........?

Dunno. We shall see.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

It's either a hoax or they don't understand what the "object" might really be. Potentially an out of focus bug.

Its' clear that nothing of any significant mass is in those trees as nothing is happening to the trees as the "blob" moves from one to the other.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It's either a hoax or they don't understand what the "object" might really be. Potentially an out of focus bug.

Its' clear that nothing of any significant mass is in those trees as nothing is happening to the trees as the "blob" moves from one to the other.

Agreed. A Bigfoot would probably collapse those trees, or at least top them. Particularly if estimates of over a 1000 pounds or more for an average BF are correct. I have a tendency to go with the escaped monkey theory for both of the incidents shown in this video. I'm sure a BF could climb a big tree in an emergency, but swinging around on the small upper branches? I don't think so somehow...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What else would be flying through the trees like that?

As other posters have stated it could be an orangutan, but even they get 250 lbs + for males, so they have weight behind them as well.

You could be right, but, it's hard enough to make out there is some creature there let alone to see how big the branch is and if is moving accordingly. They would be smart animals and make sure the branch would support their weight, and really, we have no idea what this creature would weigh.

I don't think it could be a bug, it would have to be close to the camera to be the size, and it stays in the relative location in the forest throughout the duration of the time on video.

Good observation though.

Pred...
edit on 30-9-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

If that's not the most disturbing conclusion he could come up with idk what is...I will say this though if we are being observed by our technically less evolved cousins I'm sure it's in the name of defense and I'm sure keep your friends close and your enemies closer is said in many languages...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The Michigan Dogman was a guy in a ghillie suit. He was interviewed and showed the suit he made as well as himself running in it on all fours. He runs exactly the same as in the video.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The video is so bad, even the trees are blurry and distorted. Fail.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Thanks for letting us know the video was not of great quality, just in case we missed that.

The question is what are people's opinions of the video, not rate it on it's quality.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

What else would be flying through the trees like that?

Squirrels, birds, monkeys, etc.

All we have is the videographer's word for the context, which is dubious at best.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I personally just cannot buy that Sasquatches are tree-dwelling animals. They don't seem to be built for it. The creatures in the video are obviously primates, and to me they look so very similar to chimps...At one point I could have sworn some of the movements also looked like those of an Orangutan. Either or, I still do not think these are Sasquatches.

However, I couldn't make out the other creatures that were supposedly there, off to the left when the camera pans. My analysis is basically from the one creature I could see in the tree...Or two rather. They also look somewhat small. Juvenile Sasquatch you say? Possibly.

The arm length would be consistent with a known primate as well, and although I have a belief on the arm length of Sasquatches, that isn't really anything definitive to go on...Only definitive enough to conclude that a creature is either an ape or it isn't. So this is most likely an ape, but I hold reservations that it is a juvenile Sasquatch. Maybe I am wrong, and I hope I am...Did anyone else think that guy's name was an awesome Bigfoot hunter name?

top topics

join