It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beached whale found 800 meters ashore in Yorkshire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This news fits into so many categories I don't even know where to start.
My mind's reeling from the various factors in consideration.
I know I'm supposed to write a synopsis on it and give some motivating reason for posting but in this case I just want you to see how many weird factirs you can spot.

Beached whale found 800 meters ashore in Yorkshire
edit on 29-9-2011 by Aestheteka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You might want to put a little more effort into your thread than just posting a link. This is not GLP.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No second line?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why do whales beach themselves any damn away? I've always found that to be odd, is that their method of suicide?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I was editing....
Amazing.
How does a whale get more than half a mile onshore?
I mean, WRF?
The Nort Sea is full of whales and it wasn't before?
Ah, lots of good stuff there for the pickings...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Erm, that is really not that amazing.

I was thinking this whale either crawled over the land or flew through the air and ended up in a parking lot or something, but no it just swam upstream and got left there by the tide. Not very wierd, but unusual.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenite

Look at the photos. Look at the area around the whale. Does that look anything remotely like an area which has a daily inundation of 4 feet of sea water? That looks remarkably like a field with either a young crop or a primitive grass. Any of you with experience with living on a coastline like to comment?
Me, I love the sea.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thats a bit unusual, or wierd, or...I don't know

Something came to mind though.

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

A classic, and perfectly apt!
It's quite Discworld also

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There is no mystery here i'm afraid, the whale died in the River Humber, and was brought to shore by the conservationists for further study.

A young whale which died after beaching in the Humber Estuary was probably a species rarely seen near the British coast, conservationists have revealed

Beached whale in the Humber River

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Nowhere does it state that they moved it. Where are you referencing?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka

Nowhere does it state that they moved it. Where are you referencing?

Makes you wonder if someone with a well a huge baco machine picked it up..well maybe that wouldnt work wouldn't the whale tip the machine? Ill stand down on this commit

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

IMO 'THEY' have just operated a WTH scenario for evryone to go WTH..I have no other explanation in any terms of rationality...no no no???

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You're gonna get all sorts of idiot replies matey...get used to it would be my advice.

I too see where you're coming from with this one.

Highly suspect explanation...800 meters or 2600 odd feet...no chance.

This is not tidal land, this is land over half a mile away from the shore line. If there was a huge rise in the tide, for whatever reason, this in itself would be front page news in the local area.

There is something very strange going on here...whales don't walk inland by themselves, and a couple of feet of water would not carry a multi tonnes whale this far inland.

800 meters.

2600 feet +.

At 33 feet long, this Sei whale was a young one. Not sexually mature yet (mature at around 40 - 50 feet). Even so, would have carried a weight of around 10 - 15 tonnes.

These things, of this size and build do not simply walk or get washed inland this far...beached YES, half a mile from the beach? No chance.

Outside factors must be involved, and a tidal surge of this size would have had to have been caused by a tsunami, yet there is no evidence of any massive surge apparent, or reported elsewhere nearby.

No reports of any other weather phenomena that may have picked this creature up and flung it inland either.

This thing was either deliberately placed there (yeah i know...why and by whom) or something very, freaky is going on around the Yorkshire area.

Massive USO departing may the sea have scoped it up, and it slid off inland i suppose, any massive UFO sighting around Yorkshire that would sit the time frame i wonder?

If you think the USO/UFO hypopthesis is out there, i just read a story about a 10 tonne, 33 foot long whale found dead half a mile from the sea shore!

Now, THAT is way out there!
Cheers OP.

Interesting story.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That's the official government propaganda channel. You know this right?

So..they moved it?...not to a lab, not to an cetacean institute, or even a slaughterhouse...but took it to the middle of nowhere and dropped it off as it's pictured?!

No chance.

Cover up of a hugely weird event in progress.

To clarify:

Marine experts have been left baffled after a rare whale was found over 800 metres from the shore in the Humber Estuary, Skeffling, East Yorkshire.

Baffled? Rare whale found?
Not just dropped off there, for no logical or apparent reason, but found 800 meters inland!

If you were a cetacean expert, would you be baffled as to why it was there, if you'd just put the thing there?

edit on 29/9/2011 by spikey because: added quote and link

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Whales don't walk to well ?

Although the whale was 800 meters from the shoreline, it was next to the river leading into the sea, so logic tells me, it was moved or rolled from the river it was stranded in, and the 800 meters headline, is mis-leading.

Just my opinion, take it or leave.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

That's the official government propaganda channel. You know this right?

So do you think the government is covering up this whale that beached itself on the river leading into the sea.

Please tell me your theory, this sounds interesting ?

Not everything is a conspiracy, and if you look into this more, you will see its not the first time a whale has beached from the River Humber.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by warrenite

Look at the photos. Look at the area around the whale. Does that look anything remotely like an area which has a daily inundation of 4 feet of sea water? That looks remarkably like a field with either a young crop or a primitive grass. Any of you with experience with living on a coastline like to comment?
Me, I love the sea.

It's a salt marsh.

The salt marsh in question.

www.geolocation.ws...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A young whale died after an exceptionally high equinox tide carried it 800 yards from the shoreline to a salt marsh where it then became stranded.

The 33ft mammal, thought to be a Sei whale, was discovered in marshes on the north bank of the River Humber near the village of Skeffling.

As the tide retreated the whale became stranded before rolling over onto its blowhole, causing it to suffocate. The highest tides of the year occur after the spring and autumn equinox.

TJ

edit on 29-9-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hey ya'll, I Iive about 7 mile away (11 Km) from Skeff bank, Where this whale is currently.
The Humber has one of the biggest tidal surge's in the UK if not Europe.
This is the 2nd Whale now to apear in the Humber ( Edit. in 3 weeks.) ABP (Associated British Ports) pretty much runs the docks there.
At present lots of ships now, anchor off the Humber due to ABP putting the prices up to dock over night.
I do find it strange for 2 Whales now, to die within 3 weeks of each other in the Humber, as Whales are very rare to see around here. It was only a 5.5 metre high tide with a crescent moon too.
Spikey, all around the Humber especially around Holderness ( East Yorkshire) Its very flat land, which is recovered tidal land & very rich for farming.
I used to go bait digging for Rag & Lug worm for fishing & some times before you know it, the tide is not far behind you. Apparently they let the whale go, with the flow, after it died. Thats why it washed up further in.
I dont think it was due to UFO's, as the Humber can easily get right up to the bank, sometimes.
There's UFO activity around here ( East Yorkshire Coast,Withernsea). Im yet to film though, as im crap at getting the shot, from when ive tried! ( Many times)
Some things going on though, maybe Naval?, ( not seen any activity recently) maybe its just these ships though which anchor off the Humber?.
Ive just remembered (BG) British Gas & (BP) British Petrolium have pipelines & works not that far away from Skeffling (Dimilington & Easington East Yorkshire) tried getting a link for my local weekly newspaper, but they're not with the times
My camera is crap & cant get the focus for the article. Im going to try get up to where the carcass is, & take some pics & try & get some perspective from where abouts it is to the edge of the bank tomorrow, also a pic of the article which ill try & do tomorrow.
Some things going on though, just doesn't seem normal to me.
Ive got hangover i think, & my eyes ache, so going to chill.
Hope my post is ok? My 1st one after getting my 20 posts.
Take it easy everyone
edit on 29-9-2011 by Mikey303oNaRoLL because: Hung Over

edit on 29-9-2011 by Mikey303oNaRoLL because: Because,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join