It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hello fellow wow lovers, I just wanted to see really how many players we got on here, I have seen some mention the game in post but I think there is some closet players, come out reveal yourself.
Tell me about your experiences, I have been playing since 2005, got 3 lvl 85’s Shaman (enhancement), paladin (retribution), warrior (arms) as you can see I like melee combat.
I got a lvl 80 druid (balance) and a lvl 80 mage (arcane) but just can’t be bothered to lvl
Let me know your realm :-)
Jay

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I played, then quit because when Cata came out. It seemed that the community got really rude and that made it frustrating to play. I think I am coming back though. Friends still playing said that it has calmed down some.
I had 2 85's (Druid, Hunter) and an 83 pally, I also had a few lowbies.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

I recently quit, I had 85 priest, 85 pally with Challenger title, and 85 rogue with Conqueror and Of the Horde titles. Right now there is no incentive to play the game anymore. I mainly PVP but the current state of the PVP game is just no fun. Even when I am topping the charts I feel extremely bored at it.

I still play Quake Live however...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Can't stay behind: I also play world of warcraft on the eonar server @ europe.

Got a 85 Paladin, 85 Warrior, 58 DK, 50 Mage, 50 Druid, 49 Hunter and some lower alts. You probably guessed it, i like to play different styles with different characters at various levels.

Been playing since the closed beta started inviting people for the EU servers. Generally just play for fun and don't do hardcore raiding anymore since i live together now.. (duh ;-))

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You used to play after 5 years I decided to quit, raided cata a bit and got bored. 85 pally, 85 warr, 85 rogue, 85 priest and finally a 85 hunter and was working a mage lol

Don't think I'll be going back, I'm looking forward to terra and/or guild wars 2

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Have been playing on Silverhand for 2 1/2 years, stuck at lvl 80 on my main (a hunter) since I'm too cheap to spring for Cata.
I am using this opportunity to level my trade skills on my alts. Mostly play to kill time, staying away from the trolls in trade chat.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Played it a few months on various unofficial servers at the Burning crusade era, then 1 month on official when cataclysm came out. I was totally disapointed to see that the rumoured graphic revamp was really minimalistic if not non-existant, and to see that the graphic engine hasn't evolved a bit since my last play... No better shader effects, no better textures, nothing... Plus the gameplay still was as boring as it was years ago...
Now I just see it as an old crap graphically obsolete... (and I said "old crap"... not "old game", cuz I love old games !)
But well, I may be a bit non-objective about WoW because I have a bit of anger against it, because I think it has ruined the Diablo franchise... Diablo 3 seems to have inherited faaaaaaaaaar too much concepts from wow, and this stinks... I don't think Blizzard is doing a smart move by doing so... but I'll wait till it's released for a definitive opinion, but one thing is for sure... unlike D2, I won't blindly buy 2 copies for online play when it comes out... i'll try an illegitimate version first... Or a playable demo, but I don't think there will be one.

Anyway I can understand that long-time addict gamers still enjoy it... Just hope for them it won't hurt them too much when they realise the amount of time of their life that this boring game has taken

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

Well tbh i'm looking forward to Star Wars: Old Republic, if it's really that good i might quit WoW and play that instead..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I absolutely love WoW. I have been playing since shortly before Burning Crusade was released, but I have been disappointed with Cataclysm so far, so I have decided to take a bit of a hiatus. I do plan to return once patch 4.3 is implemented because I have been looking forward to something like transmogrification to come out ever since I started playing. My main is a level 85 Blood Elf Priest that PvP with --- dual specced shadow and disc. I did a lot of raiding during Wrath of the Lich King, but unfortunately after the release of Cataclysm my guild dissolved so I decided to focus on PvP instead.

I also have a level 83 Death Knight, but the next highest I have is a 56 Rogue. I have several low level characters scattered around other servers as well, but they are nothing to really write home about. XD Aside from PvP and randomly screwing around, I am an avid vanity pet collector. A friend and I had also started work on a machinima series, but he has since quit the game so I doubt that it will go anywhere now.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Quit after lich king. Played a resto druid in BC, best in my faction without a doubt. Best raiding gear, played druid/warrior druid/rogue in pvp became a top contender in my battlegroup eventually. Lich king played as a holy priest in raids, did priest/rogue 2v2 got up to 2200's eventually. Quit after a while, WoW is just dead to me. BC was the best expak ever.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Forget WoW everyone, get ready for Diablo 3 in early 2012! =D

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

i look forward to D3 omg omg beta start of 2012 will not come fast enough!!!!

also play on turalyon 85 Troll Lock, Troll Shammy, NE War, Worgen Hunter, Worgen Lock, and a ughh...human DK....think thats it im on break till 4.3 or a month before so i can farm some transmog stuff but other then that got to 6/7 in firelands and i just could stand the boring every day grind of the same ol crap day in and day out never anything new...cata was a fail in my eyes....i had more fun it wrath lot more to do...i think what killed it was lack of instances the zg/za thing is horrible 2 instances to get raid gear come on now.....anddd to cap valor so beyond uncool.....but ill be back before 4.3 and hope theres a fix if not i got couple months till D3 then its party time!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I quit because they built silly forts everywhere and made the mobs too easy and took away the deadmines and temple of atal hakkar etc. etc., and then replaced them with inferior codswallop. It's a tragedy what they did.

The original DMs and Sunken Temple were masterpieces.

Even Westfall is the pits now and I used to feel like a proper sniper there chasing after gnolls and pathstalkers and knuckledusters. AND they turned the much feared Hogger into a marshmallow.

I told Blizzard all this before I left, and I'm still annoyed about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So is Diablo any good? I need a new game for this winter.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hi, i've been playing since early BC and love it

I have many chars on various realms (variety is the spice of life) but my mains are 85 DK, 79 lock and 77 rogue. Mostly play on Eonar and Khadgar but have chars on Emerald dream and others.
Am loving Cata and looking forward to new patch...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

i just quit as well, ive played since 2006 it just got way to boring to me, everyone who is tired of wow should try rift its an awesome game and a good break from wow.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I quit straight after I got my two main toons to 85.
Highly doubt I'll be going back. Do miss my chopper though.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
WoW isnt the game it used to be,, its just like playing a big shopping list, collect 3 of this then kill 5 of that and repeat til your lvl 85 no challange or story behind it what so ever

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have been playing since '05 also..

I have a 85 Lock as my main...

still love the game..

I am on the Windrunner realm...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Playing as Enhancement shaman 85 with offspec as restoration on Aucinidoun (EU) however i sucks so badly at healing as offspec because of mana issues ;/

also got a lock 85 and a warrior 85.

but i play less now.

<<   2 >>

join