It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world has an unlimited oil supply

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, maybe it should be in other current events? if so please move it there.

Anyhow, someone linked me to some interesting information about the production of oil.
Basically what this website says is that Russia has been able to drill beneath a layer of granite rock where oil is created in the earths mantle (contrary to popular belief that it is decayed sealife) and has been doing so since the 70's. They tapped into a virtually unlimited oil supply. China, vietnam and Korea(soon to be?) all have these deep oil rigs installed now.

The western intelligence (yes thats US intel) knew about the russian projects but instead of investing in our own deep wells they decided to spend more on the military, with a theme in mind that says, let them build it and we'll take it over by force when we need more oil.

Also says that the scare about oil being depleted and rising prices is all bunk too, and that it was only created to make more profit.

Anyhow here's the link (:

joevialls.altermedia.info...

Your Comments on this?

Mod edit: removed all caps in title.

[edit on 1/10/2006 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This topic was covered before. I'd give the link, but I'm kinda busy...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Did a search and couldn't find anything remotely similar...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I see a critical flaw in this theory.

There are loads of American oil wells in Texas-Oklahoma and Alaska, in Oklahoma there were some of the best oil producing wells ever recorded. These wells are now mostly shut down and stated to be at a reserve level that would be too expensive to extract in comparison to foreign oil.

If it was just a matter of unclogging the pipes, it would be far more advantagous for the US to keep drilling here instead of sending money overseas to (practically) third-world countries. Controlling the middle east isn't desirable in any way except for the oil, and if the oil were still available here (as the article states it is available in all wells) then it would be extracted from here.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This might be great news for the oil cartels, but it still doesn't solve the fundamental problem. That being the increasing use of polluting fossil fuels. The technology is there for clean energy, if only the will was
While I agree with George W on many issues, his Energy policy stinks

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
Did a search and couldn't find anything remotely similar...

Just noticed that the post I was referring to wasn't the same as yours. But it was talking about the same thing, only in a different location. I believe it was talking about an oil rig in Louisiana that was running out, and virtually "renewed"itself over night. This was a few months ago on ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You ever think that maybe the oil beneath the earths surface may actually have some kind of function? We use it as fuel, but maybe the earth uses it in a different way, like a friction resistant layer that helps prevent earth quakes. Maybe thats why we have had an increase in earthquakes. If the earth works on intelligent design, it would make sense that a precaution like this would have been implemented.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That makes it seem like the Earth is "Alive". Like it created that on purpose to prevent Earth Quakes and such. I guess that theory could go well with those people that believe that the Earth is literally "�live"

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
That makes it seem like the Earth is "Alive". Like it created that on purpose to prevent Earth Quakes and such. I guess that theory could go well with those people that believe that the Earth is literally "�live"

I wonder if tapping this oil could upset the planetary chemistry/geology ?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I was talking with my dad about the whole "getting rid of oil"stuff. And he said that that alone could start either a "Civil"war of sorts or something that dangerous. Whether people like it or not, Oil companies are almost more powerful than our government. The governments Tanks run on Oil, for example. Without the oil companies their through.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The governments Tanks run on Oil, for example. Without the oil companies their through.

BS, bio-diesel is 100% renewable and 100% possible to produce on a global scale.

There is no energy crisis, only a political one.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz

The governments Tanks run on Oil, for example. Without the oil companies their through.

BS, bio-diesel is 100% renewable and 100% possible to produce on a global scale.

There is no energy crisis, only a political one.

Damn right. That's why oil company's buy the patents to non-fossil fuel energy devices and secret them away.

• Unlimited energy = no profit
  • finite energy = big profit.

Who cares if we destroy the planet in the process.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Damn right. That's why oil company's buy the patents to non-fossil fuel energy devices and secret them away.

• Unlimited energy = no profit
  • finite energy = big profit.

Who cares if we destroy the planet in the process.

BS, patents expire and bio-diesel can even be pure vegetable oil which runs in a normal Diesel engine with only slight modifications. The original Diesel engine ran on pure vegetable oil.

Do some searches about alt energy though, you'll find some strange patents. There was a patent in the 50's for an engine that ran totally on air, and it would compress the air itself while powering a vehicle. The problem with patents is that you can't prove them, they're theoretical designs.

Read the thread about interviewing scientists in this forum, I'm going to talk to someone who has had contact with an amazing motor before soon and I'd like to hear people's questions so I'll have more to talk about. He worked for Phillips Petroleum, btw, haha.

If people cared the country would totally be bio-diesel right now - you can make the stuff in your back yard. The waste-oil from the resturaunt industry alone would supply ~10% of the US diesel needs.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz
[
BS, patents expire and bio-diesel can even be pure vegetable oil which runs in a normal Diesel engine with only slight modifications. The original Diesel engine ran on pure vegetable oil.

Patents only run out if they're not renewed. Cars only make up a small proportion of fossil fuel emissions, industry is what has to be changed. If powerstaions can run on bio-diesel fine, but if not well....

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yes i also agree that an unlimited oil supply will do us no good even if the oil energy crises doesnt exist and is only political. They will only raise prices and pollute the planet more. I am looking forward to free energy machines

You ever think that maybe the oil beneath the earths surface may actually have some kind of function? We use it as fuel, but maybe the earth uses it in a different way, like a friction resistant layer that helps prevent earth quakes.

Maybe it lubes up the platonic plates to move them around and without the oil we have them grind on eachother causing earthquakes

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Patents only run out if they're not renewed.

Not sure what country you are from, but in the US, Australia, and most of Europe, patents expire after a certain period. Usually around 20 years.

The patent can't be renewed. Infact, it can even be used as prior art to stop people patenting inventions with similar claims.

Cars only make up a small proportion of fossil fuel emissions, industry is what has to be changed.

Do the math, get a surprise.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by electric]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Where does Bio fuel come from? If I am not mistaken we would need to use a good portion of the world food supply to make this fuel and with the population growing the way it is we won't have it to spare. Am I wrong?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The deepest research bore hole ever drilled was in Russia, on the Kola peninsula. Over a period of more than a decade a huge purpose-built rig drilled to over 12 kilometers to investigate the structure of the Continental Crust (sorry about the units, I'm in Australia and we're metric here - so are the Russians).

The results showed unexpected fractures and fissures and water-bearing zones deep in the crust, where conventional wisdom expected the pressure of rock above to close up all cracks.

The deepest oil wells that I know are drilled to about 6km, say 20,000ft. Most normal oil wells are drilled to about 3000 to 5000 meters -10,000 to 16,000 ft. etc.....
www.madsci.org...

Well where to begin,

How about Joe Vialls is a interesting individual if he is at all. I believe it must be a group as opposed to an individual. At any rate that was one well and it took the Russians 10 years to drill it. In other words their technology sucks but they are persistent and overly concerned with records as opposed to results. Sort of like adolescent bragging rights.
And the well never showed any oil production.

TUT

==================================================

Now this is crap and I am the living proof of that.

Around a month after Hurricane Allen destroyed my home in Corpus Christi I found myself on a Jay Storm jack up rig, #13, about 20 miles off the coast of the Mansfield Cut pre paring to finish up a well. The true vertical depth [TVD] of this well was 29,000+ feet with a bottom hole circulating [BHCT]temperature of 365+ degrees and we used 22#/gal cement slurry to secure the casing in the well bore. And it only took about 6 months to drill it as opposed to 10 years and it tested at 50 million cf of gas a day and I can't remember the amount of condensate. Heck, it was 24 years ago

In short there are parts of Joe's tale that are not even close to ringing the 'bell of truth'
There are wells in certain parts of the world that have been depleted and mysteriously replenished
The Gulf of Mexico is one of these locales. Whether the recharging is due to migration from another zone or recreation from the core is the subject of an International Symposium somewhere around now. I will spend some time searching for it but it is late here and I am tired. I will look for awhile though

Found mention of it, here you go

The debate about cooking up hydrocarbons keeps getting hotter.

Some scientists insist that all petroleum comes from abiogenic processes, with hydrocarbon development occurring in the Earth's mantle.

Most geochemists and petroleum geologists remain convinced that crude oil and natural gas have organic origins.

Look for this dispute to intensify in 2003, with new heat coming from an unexpected venue. In June, AAPG's typically sleepy Hedberg Conference could be the spark that sets off scientific fireworks.

Hedberg conferences address topics proposed by AAPG's Research Committee. They take place in informal settings, with attendance limited to 80-100 persons.

On June 9-12, however, a Hedberg Conference will be held in London with the theme "Origin of Petroleum -- Biogenic and/or Abiogenic and Its Significance in Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production."

"The timing is right," said Barry Katz, a ChevronTexaco Fellow in Houston and a member of the conference's program committee. "Historically, what has been the big issue is that there's essentially a Western and an Eastern school of thought.

"On the Western side, we've gone through what you've typically done in the scientific method," he noted. "The Russian arguments have been just that, arguments. We have yet to get them in a room to see what they have on the table."

Katz said he hopes the leading theorists from both sides will attend, so "we can have a balanced view and get everybody to talk to each other. That's what the Hedberg conferences are all aboutwww.aapg.org...

That's all Folks, Goodnight,

TUT

[edit on 27-8-2004 by tututkamen]

E_T

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Cars only make up a small proportion of fossil fuel emissions, industry is what has to be changed. If powerstaions can run on bio-diesel fine, but if not well....

I think lot of smaller power plants are diesel-powered.

www.wartsila.com...

Originally posted by tututkamen
...(sorry about the units, I'm in Australia and we're metric here - so are the Russians).

As pretty much whole world.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
You ever think that maybe the oil beneath the earths surface may actually have some kind of function? We use it as fuel, but maybe the earth uses it in a different way, like a friction resistant layer that helps prevent earth quakes. Maybe thats why we have had an increase in earthquakes. If the earth works on intelligent design, it would make sense that a precaution like this would have been implemented.

Yes! That is exactly what I was thinking. Think of the earth as a giant sponge, if you suck all of the water out of the sponge it dries out and cracks. Is this what is happening to the earth? I mean even humans need moisture on their skin or it gets dry and it cracks. We are taking too much out of the earth, I don't think she can handle it, we need to discover new ways to make things without using oil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join