It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold is backed by nothing, and the US dollar is a strong investment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I don't have too much to say other than I was shocked watching it the first time when it got to the end and there was still no punchline. I guess my only question is do you think she really believes that? I mean I KNOW it was handed to her on a card, but I wonder if SHE actually believes what she is saying.

Oh, anyone whos nervous having their savings in precious metals is welcome to cut me a deal to get back into the comfortable and safe "dollar".

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Wait...what?

Backed the the US government that's carrying almost $15 trillion in debt, probably over $100 trillion in unfunded liabilities, and borrows - what, 60 cents of every dollar it spends?

And the same Federal Reserve that gave out...what, $16 trillion in back-door loans, and is more than happy to export our tax dollars to shore up foreign banks and the like?

Riddle me this, news lady - how has gold performed compared to the dollar since the year 2000? How does the dollar now compare to the dollar then (honest question)?

Oi vey.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Gold is backed by history and the US dollar is backed by empty promises, lies and deceit and well...nothing actually.

I think I'll stay with my gold.

edit on 28-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What a joke !

She didn't say what the dollar was backed by.....?

Mainly the hot air coming out of her arse !

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

is this the classic case of double speek?
this is why the msm is losing viewers
how anyone cannot see this as reserve bank propaganda is beyond me
lol
paper has value while assets are worthless
lol
this goes to show just how much impact the internet has on the world
lol
the banks know the truth is getting out and they are countering with this?
lol
shows how much power they realy have
non
xp

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In my opinion reports like this are for the people who either choose not to wake up or can't. To them the USD is easily making their world go round. The rest of us in this country (the US) know better than that of course..

TWBU

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
She's like a human puppet. It's some else's voice and script, not hers.

She truly has no idea what she's talking about.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Of course, the slaves must not benefit. They need all the Gold to rebuild Soloman's Temple after all.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

What a joke !

No, no, no, no! It is backed by the Full Faith and Credit=Debt of the United States Government.

There. I knew you would feel better!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Gold is worthless like all currencies. Its all an illusion/farce.

The only thing of real value is the work people do, to provide food and shelter.
You cant eat gold, you need food...you dont need shiny metal....shiny metal will not fill you up and give you the nutrients needed to survive.

If economies crash people wont be worried about gold or the dollar, they will go back to trading things of real value, not things that we have been told are valuable.

YAY for consumerism
lol

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks for that snippet, I needed a good laugh.

I would like to correct one thing she said. Federal Reserve Notes are not backed by the US Government, they are backed by the "Full Faith and Credit" of the US Government, whatever that's worth.

Two rules of thumb that you may want to keep in mind. 1. The MSM are not news organizations, they are advertisers. They are trying to sell products or ideas that their parent corporations or sponsors want you to buy or believe. 2. All advertising is an attempt to deceive.

Look deeper into this. Are gold and silver really "down"? Are Federal Reserve Notes really "stronger"? What would make precious metal more or less valuable? What would make Federal Reserve Notes more or less valuable? What is happening to oil prices right now? Answer these questions for yourself, and a lot of other things will start to make sense.

Yeah, I'm holding on to my metal right now. And I'll gladly exchange my FRNs for gold and silver, and even base metals like copper-clad lead in brass casings.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

The only thing of real value is the work people do, to provide food and shelter.
You cant eat gold, you need food...you dont need shiny metal....shiny metal will not fill you up and give you the nutrients needed to survive.

If economies crash people wont be worried about gold or the dollar, they will go back to trading things of real value, not things that we have been told are valuable.

YAY for consumerism
lol

Gold prices are also based on supply and demand. Saying gold is not backed by anything is just silly, since it's backed by the laws of supply and demand.

Gold has real value, since it is rare and has many uses. Its a good-looking, very pliable metal that has many uses in jewelry and decoration, as well as in the high-tech industry.
Gold will always keep its value, because as soon as people have enough food, water, shelter and safety, they look towards other things and this is where gold comes in on the top.

Barring a zombie-apocalypse, gold will always have a very high value.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

That's not really accurate, my friend.

Gold has many, many, almost unique physical and chemical properties that make it useful in a variety of applications. I could type, cut, and paste a few pages describing some of the uses for gold, but I trust that won't be necessary. One example: without gold, we would not have a space program like we have today. Try to imagine the world today without steel, and then you get an idea of how the world would look today without metals like gold, silver, platinum, and the rare earth metals.

Currencies, on the other hand, are simply mediums for exchange. If the US Government did not require that taxes be paid in Federal Reserve Notes, their value would plummet.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

What a joke !

"Gold is not backed by anything but the US dollar is a better investment because it's backed by gold. Er, I mean... crap. LINE!"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

yeah its like....gold isn't backed by anything, but the U.S. dollar is backed by the treasury, which is supposed to be backed by....gold.

this is an incredibly feeble attempt to restore faith in a crumbling institution. the fiat money system must be done away with, and the fed also.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

gold is as fickle as those who invest in it . the folly of fools is the name of the game .the last time one of the worlds bankers or rich or voodoo soothe Sayers said that gold was going to hit a SET price ,which it did they that control that illustrious market cashed in late on a Friday afternoon ,to late for all the little people who bought into this lie to cash out ,when it dropped like a lead balloon they were stuck holding the bag.and the wealthy and investors laughed their behinds off at all those who bought into their dream of lies.
the u.s. buck is only being bought up now at record levels by everyone so as to prop up a buck that is only worth something that is truly next to the peso, remember people that most of the worlds economy is based on the u.s. buck and they the government of the u.s. is still spending cash that they do not have at all ,like it is going out of style . they already said that they could not pay back what they owe .so i guess all other countries and banks are trying to support a dieing elephant -when it flops over and croaks so will the worlds economy ,we can`t fix it nor can we save it as there are 2 forces at each others throats in every government those who are in power and those who are not the majority and they can`t agree on anything .CHARGE IT even though we can`t pay the bills -really wise men in power i see said the blind man . op`s a blind man could fix this problem as they can`t see , but they do have a mind that works listens learns and understands things . our governments on the other hand are deaf, dumb and stupid self serving morons who put greed and stupidity above the people .

all bow down and hail the great banks of the world as they are the true slave masters of the world and they have truely enslaved us all through their greed and our governments mindlessness --misrepresentation.

new topics

top topics

join