It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Due to operational difficulties the London Gold Exchange is permanently closed for business.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thought I would let everyone know what is going on in the metals market. Interesting days.

www.londongoldexchange.com...

"Due to operational difficulties the London Gold Exchange is permanently closed for business.

Thanks to all of our members.

London Gold Exchange
International Digital Currency Trader

26/09/2011"

Any thoughts or information from someone who has more information would be helpful.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

"We are only putting this up because we have been flooded with emails about an event which for some reason readers believe is relevant. The event in question is that according to its website, the London Gold Exchange ("LGE" or the "Joke") has closed. The one thing we would like to say about this is that the LGE is nether an exchange, nor does it trade gold. And, judging by its Wikipedia page, is probably not based in London but in Hong Kong. But yes, if one is concerned about such "currencies" as bitcoin and other digital "currencies", this may be news...And now, carry on."

Well maybe its not news afterall.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Excuse me,

*High five!*

Exciting times. I am glad that the markets are crashing. Big change, big awakening? Lets hope so.

EDIT: Saw your next post.

What a let down. Oh well, only a few more weeks..
edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

From what I have read today this company was not involved in metals trading at all. They traded in digital currencies. This is from their Wiki page:

London Gold Exchange bought and sold the following digital currencies:
c-gold
Liberty Reserve
Pecunix
v-money

London Gold Exchange's fees for exchanging fiat currency into digital currency, ranged from zero percent to six percent.[1] Fees for exchanging digital currency back to fiat currency ranged from zero percent to eight percent.[2]

Their closure had nothing to do with the metals markets at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
sounds suspiciously like what happend to USA gold supplies.....

I know Gordon Brown sold a heafty amount of the UK's resurvies, because hes a total plonker and this event is no calming remedy at all!!!

Whats going on, whos leaching the gold and why?!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's a sad day for gamers all around the globe. Their digital lives have been altered forever.

I hear some gamers have jumped 20 stories out of their digital buildings....A sad day indeed. R.I.P

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Yes, I was tricked. I assumed it was the London Metal Exchange but they are not. Just similar names.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Look what else i ran across:

answers.yahoo.com...

Does anyone know if the London Gold exchange.com is a legitimate business?
I received a job offer for them.
5 years ago Report Abuse by kenhof20... Member since:
December 11, 2006
Total points:
183 (Level 1)
Add Contact

Block

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
It is a scam. I received a similar email. You will note that the return addres of the sender is london-goldexchange.com; if you go to that site there is a link for the job offer with a copy of the contract and an FAQ.

But...this is not the legitimate site for the Londong Gold Exchange. The correct site is www.londongoldexchange.com; and when you go to this site, there is a note on their main page that an email from them offering employment is a fraud; actual text:

*** BEWARE ***
FAKE E-MAIL
If you have received an
e-mail offering you employment with us, DELETE IT as it is a FRAUD.
Source(s):
www.londongoldexchange.com...
5 years ago Report Abuse Asker's Rating: Asker's Comment: Great! Thanks a bunch!

top topics

join