It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Public Servants Out There?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement, Nursing. I know theres got to be quite a few on this site. Come out introduce yourself let us know what line you are in. What keeps you doing the job? What are your most and least favorite aspects of the field? Are you Career or volunteer?? dosent mater all are welcome.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I was a volunteer firefighter for almost 6 years and loved it. Only gave it up do to a switch in jobs that took away from my training hours. I am looking to get back into it and become employeed full time eventually.

I enjoyed most aspects of it. nothin gets the ol adrenaline pumpin like when those tones go off. The knowledge that you were able to make a positive difference in someones life is hard to compare to anything. The bad parts as always were when you lost someone that has probably got to be one of the worse fealings associated with public service.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I'm about 80% nurse, not quite all the way yet. You can call me a "Focker" for what it's worth though. 3 quarters of male nurse.

I do what I do for the low pay because it's what any decent human being would do if they could in my position.
I've worked in human/social services for over a decade now and I enjoy the jobs, it's the co-workers that's the problem. Isn't it that way in any job though?

edit on 26-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
have to agree some co workers are a pain in the arse to deal with. just keep at it man, the pay may not be the best but at least you sleep with a clear concience (I kno I just murderd the spelling) at night Good luck on finishin it up

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I was for sure there were more of us on here guess not

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You really think public servants would come out and admit it on ATS?

lol-

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well you do have a point there lol

new topics

top topics

join