It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth... Psychiatric Ward for Higher Beings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Taking an As Above... So Below perspective, there are some fascinating alignments in the way our history seems to be laid out, the environment we find ourselves in, and the way we treat ourselves.

We are in a seeming quarantine.

We have "family from the outside who love us very much, or are angry at us, or we have betrayed, but can't wait for us to get home!" Some tell us to stop hoping of ever getting out. "There's nothin' out thar'."

We are constantly graded, sorted, resorted, regraded, kept on a merit based system of "advancement" that can be revoked at any time if the wardens *really* wanted to. They "built for us" this amazing place, but we kind of made a mess of it... and have to do the maintenance ourselves now.

However, many of the wardens sympathize, so some inmates can get special favors and stuff from the outside, giving them a competitive advantage over everyone else. They start gangs, create the "law of the land", and "run the place".

The wardens are really there just to make sure the place doesn't get *too* crazy, but otherwise they leave it to the inmates to sort it out. If they are forced to break something up, they will usually step in just to protect the weak.

Most people have some hidden aspect of themselves... some shame... some pain... some unfulfilled burn... something tugging at them somewhere. Or just lost in a daze. Or perhaps a genuinely healthy mind there to visit and spread some warmth for a while, and remind us of what it's like on the outside.

Heavily medicated, with the better medications generally requiring riskier behavior to access. Information tightly regulated, but news from the outside does still leak in. Most just watch whatever is on the screen in the corner and never ask to change the channel.

Lots of yelling, fighting, etc... lots of different leaders and followers and crazy people in the corner... but in reality nothing really changes. Entertainment options get better as more inmates arrive, but conditions start to go downhill due to the crowding and hoarding of the few connected individuals.

Lots of sexual repression and/or hyper expression. Games strewn about *everywhere*, often used to outlet sexual repression. Sometimes truly Amazing Art.

We have "letters" from our relatives, most we've forgotten... telling us about where we're from. But we've gotten so confused in here we don't really understand them anymore, and might even have letters that aren't ours but to someone else.

Everyone gets really excited about a supposed "graduation day!" where some of us "get to get out of here!"... but when it comes, only a few seem to go, and they don't really seem to make sense.

People just "disappear", and nobody really knows what happens to them on the other side. There are as many stories as there are people that have gone.

But we're all promised that someday it will get better!

What if we're the lonely ugly funny shaped girl in the corner who smells bad and even when you *do* try to go talk to her she acts all
and won't stop talking about
and so eventually everyone just stopped even coming to our corner except to swing by and throw some random fireballs and whisper dirty stories into our ear to see what happens if we actually try it...

Nah... We're Beautiful!!!!

Namaste.

edit on 23-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Love the thought lol! Even fits more now that they found the big bubbles possibly trapping us here at the edge of the solar system!
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Hi...why did you put the thread you created in (ancient and lost civilizations)..? Exactly what are you trying to say? I am curious.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It was hard to find quite the right place and I'm open to any other more appropriate. It might be better in the UFO forums but I was focusing more on the stuff we find in the myths and legends of our ancient civilizations about where we "came from" vs where we find ourselves now and what we do to "can't be reached... off the edge" crazy people in our own society.

It's connected to things like the Native American stories of visitors from the sky, the stories of why we're here, why we're "cut off" from either the Aliens or Extra Dimensional Selves/Spirits... etc. A view of those ancient myths and the story told as viewed from what it would look like if Earth had been set aside as a psychiatric ward and how those in it would be treated. The sort of artifacts, toys, structure of society, "reason for being", etc that we might find in a universe that in actuality may be teaming with intelligence but needs a place for the "crazies to heal" and not disrupt the harmony.

Basically taking a look at virtually all our "creation" myths (even current ones) and the belief systems that follow, finding a *really* general and admittedly semi-arbitrary global pattern... and finding it funny how well it lines up with the pattern of our own institutionalization. Since I am pretty convinced the universe and infinity operate on an as above/so below pattern... found it a bit uncanny.

Namaste.
edit on 23-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That Op is just plain sweet. I loved every bit of it. I have been deeply interested in prison systems as of late and it looks like so have you.

I don't know what else to add; you posted what I have been thinking. Really nice synthesis. I hope you have a killer weekend now that you got that off your chest.

P.S. Your OP could somehow easily be put to music by Radiohead; it made me think of OK Computer right away.
Hope you are OK with that. Great stuff.

how well it lines up with the pattern of our own institutionalization.

You slayed it right there.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Frater210 because: put a fork in it, it's dead

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Interesting perspective, and something I've thought about before.

I often feel like I'm stuck in an open-air asylum. Let me out.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What some don't seem to understand is there are no locks on the gates and they can leave any time they would like to. I come here because the weather is nice, the gounds are nicely maintained, and the people are kind of interesting. I rather enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I liked your post very much star & flag.
Maybe you should have posted it in the philosophy and metaphysics forum.
Anyway's nice thread

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I second that opinion/explanation save to say that I think it could be better characterized as a prison, although a prison and an insane asylum are essentially the same. Better drugs in the asylum, though.

I think Earth, and the bodies we inhabit are prisons. Beings subject to incarceration are political prisoners, malcontents, and the 'criminally insane'. We are all lumped together on this rock because none of us realize who we actually are or why we're here. We are all innocent.

I believe that when our bodies die, the beings inside us are subject to some kind of device or field which erases our memories of the previous life, and in effect, all of our lives, and the true nature of ourselves, and we're simply recycled back into the prison system.

It's kind of Matrix-like in design in that life can seem very satisfying, so most of us accept it and wish to return for all the physical trappings this Earth has to offer us. Unfortunately, we have no choice, and recycling could be mostly random, and we may end up in a less that desirable situation, such as poverty, famine, or disease.

The Bible stories encourage us with the hope of redemption, and the steps one must take to achieve it, but in the end, it is simply a system of control. We are taught to do our best, and the 'Warden', just hopes we don't fly off the handle, start a world wide riot and destroy his prison. Well, the warden is worried now. His prison could potentially erupt in violence and someone may have to build a new facility.

It is possible that new facilities have already been constructed, complete with fleshy beings compatible with the containment of our 'spirits', should the SHTF, and we ruin this place. I would hope that those capable enough to imprison us in the first place would have such foresight and plan ahead.

I for one, have never felt like I belonged here. On this planet, and while I don't necessarily hope for death (because I believe that I will only be recycled once again into this life), I do hope for parole or pardon, and subsequent reintegration into the higher society from where I came.

I don't know what crime I committed to deserve this sentence, but I assume that I was some sort of malcontent, as I believe that this society is just a similar reflection of the one above, and that our spirits also reflect our true nature.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Definitely an awesome read
thought provoking...me likey!

Thanks for putting so much work into your writing

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Flag for the title alone. S& :up for your post.

Good job!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
love that post OP
yeah..some of us get peeks out of the window of our prison. I've been lucky enough to have a few peeks, just enough to know we're " locked up" and there is another world out there. That simple knowledge is enough, if you can really internalize it, to live your life fully. know that this is all illusion for soul growth. I forget and mess up sometimes..but I always come back to my center. when I do, life flows effortlessly.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thought provoking stuff OP, however I think being able to reproduce negates your theory. As mental health issues can be hereditary, why would they let the lunatics reproduce?

I think this place can be anything you want it to be but!! the trouble started when the people who needed to experience fame and fortune decided they were more important than the people who were here to experience poverty and despair. This reality has descended into some strange passive aggressive contest, what side you end up on depends on how much money you have

Viva La' Revolution

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I agree with your evaluation.

I hope that I have healed I don't feel like a mental case (As a higher being) any more.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

We are in a seeming quarantine.

Naw, we are in a seeming theater. The play's the thing, like the Bard said. And the show must go on.

'All the world 's a stage, and all the men and women merely players'.

1. The idea of an inclusive system, a grand spiritual synthesis, reconciling religious extremes in an integrated vision of union with the Divine Love.

2. The idea of syncretic mythology, in which all archaic mythological figures and events are available as a thesaurus of glyphs or token symbols - the personal language of the new metaphysical system.

3. The idea of this concordance of mythological (and historical) figures simply as a Memory System, a tabulated chart of all that can be known, of history, of the other world, and of the inner worlds, and in particular of spiritual conditions and moral types.

4. The idea of this system as a theatre.

5. The idea of these images as internally structured poetic images - the idea of the single image as a package of precisely folded multiple meanings, consistent with the meanings of a unified system.

6. The idea of as-if-actual visualization as the first practical essential for effective meditation (as in St Ignatius Loyola's Spiritual Disciplines, as well as in Cabbala)

7. The idea of meditation as a conjuring, by ritual magic, of hallucinatory figures - with whom conversations can be held, and who communicate intuitive, imaginative visions and clairvoyance.

8. The idea of drama as a ritual for the manipulation of the soul.

www.amazon.com...

edit on 25-9-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
maybe we started off as a prison planet, like Australia was to Britain many years ago

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Snf To spite the fact I see this as a philosophical Scifi in psychiatry. I like the blend emensely.and believe you may have a best seller. Get on with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Outstanding OP, and it made me feel all tingly reading it...I don't know why!
But I think I love you after reading it... love your thoughts anyway!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Your hypothesis reminds of the character Jack from the series "Lost." The last one in the room to get the joke. I was thinking along these lines over the weekend. Once Awakened we are omnipresent without the omnipotence. Rather cruel and prison-like when you factor in the the over all psychotic nature of society at large. I was watching "The Road" and realized we are not going down that path. Even if there is some sort of post apocalyptic world we are inherently good. We are programmed with prejudices and hatefulness by this fictitious "reality" or better said experience. We are divine beings in such a slumber. It seems to me that we have served our time. We are the legion of angels we've been waiting for. All we need to do is Wake to our perfection.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Glad that all of you enjoyed it!

I really enjoy running with the reality TV/drama generator viewpoint as well.

Looking forward to whatever happens next in our little Soap Opera.

Namaste!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join