It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Could Fall to Earth Over US Tonight or Saturday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

A huge, dead satellite tumbling to Earth is falling slower than expected, and may now plummet down somewhere over the United States tonight or early Saturday, despite forecasts that it would miss North America entirely, NASA officials now say.

Space.com

It's gonna fall into the ocean?
It's gonna fall near Australia?
Nope.
It's gonna hit the USA.

Great.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Neysa because: doh!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

white house = 100000000 points
tom cruise = 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 points

link   
reply to post by Neysa

Yeah, make up my mind.

We'll see. I hope I see it! I'm in the Eastern Time zone and I will be watching the skies and keeping an ear out for reports as soon as it begins to get dark.

link   
Key word being "could".

Did you know it could hit paris? It could actually hit london, NY, Sydney, your house, the ocean.

If it's coming in it has to hit somewhere but I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe i'm just being ignorant my apologies if I am

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Jeez, first it was early afternoon today, then it was afternoon or evening today, now it could be tomorrow...

I do NOT understand how we can pinpoint trajectories of almost everything else on the planet, hurricanes included, and not realize where our own trash is going to land...

Sounds like a big crock of wtf to me..

EDIT: I realize it would be breaking up upon re-entry, but still I think we should have a pretty clear grasp as to where it will re-enter? We should, at least.
edit on 23-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Crap!!!
I did a search! Really I did. But someone beat me to it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods can close this thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Im not military, so I could be off here, but is there any reason why we can use a laser guided missile and shoot it down, most the little pieces left over would be burned up in reentry.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
Im not military, so I could be off here, but is there any reason why we can use a laser guided missile and shoot it down, most the little pieces left over would be burned up in reentry.

yep its been done before
thats what makes it so weird
you would assume the 'protectors of the universe' would do it now if theres a serious potential someone could be killed
i think they have control or another country has hacked into its systems

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Maybe they expect the pieces to be small enough not to matter.
Anyway, I hope I can see it from here.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
reply to post by Neysa

Jeez, first it was early afternoon today, then it was afternoon or evening today, now it could be tomorrow...

I do NOT understand how we can pinpoint trajectories of almost everything else on the planet, hurricanes included, and not realize where our own trash is going to land...

Sounds like a big crock of wtf to me..

EDIT: I realize it would be breaking up upon re-entry, but still I think we should have a pretty clear grasp as to where it will re-enter? We should, at least.
edit on 23-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

I've been tracking it and it's going up a few miles then coming down a few miles...like it's on a wave...and also last night I saw it loop round instead of going over Antarctica back over Australia...so I DID witness it change direction of which I was most surprised!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

The physics doesn't work like that...as Phage said shoot it in space and you have the potential to destroy other satellites in that orbit. It is already travelling at a velocity of 7km a second...shoot it to smithereens over us and imagine a small fragment travelling at twice that velocity through your body!...Not a wise move!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

I didn't want too but I had to laugh at that.

I am hoping the Jersey Shore.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

As I said in another thread, if it is so easy, get a calculator and let me know when you calculate where its going to land.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
well Never A Straight Answer really has been saying all along that they dont know where its gunna be.....give it a few hours and the good ol' 'you es of a' might be safe once again and we can go back to looking for terrorists hiding under rocks and stuff

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I can't help but be glad I am not an air traffic controller today. I know the odds are very slim but wouldn't it suck to be in an airliner and see that thing outside your window?

That would be better than Shatner's wing eating gremlin!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I don't work for NASA... If I did, and my specialization were things of this sort, I would more than gladly do the math.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Would be funny if it just turns out to be a big space turd like in joe dirt.

Aside from that, I hope I can see it from where I live. Would have to be outside at perfect time though. Hopefully they can give us a heads up.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Wait.......did you say space turd?

Now I guess I'll have to go watch Joe Dirt. Never have seen it.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Before the software stoppe working for me I ran a simulation with the exact cordinates it woul impact the USA. It is a window of 13 minutes. I need to find it again. The line woul extend from arizona to the great lakes an the dakotas coul be impacted. All my simulations have been right so far but the software is not working for me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Hey can you tell me what the software is named? Is it free?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join