It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone the information to back that Ron Paul is racist??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I like him out of all the candidates because he's least like a sock puppet like the rest of Bilderbergs morons.
But a friend of mine just asked me how I can like a blatant racist like he is.

I'm confused as I've never heard of this.

Anyone, pro Ron or anti Ron or on the fence about Ron want to indulge me?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
she's trying to say this proves it.

What do you all think???

www.tnr.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Abraham Lincoln was a racist.

Id rather have a racist as president than a lying shill.

lol, not that it makes any difference.
honestly, i just want to pretend like its the 1800s... the future sucks, no one is ready for it.
edit on 23-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not a racist. It's all establishment propaganda. If he was such a blatant racist you'd be able to go online and find concrete examples of such. But you can't because it simply isn't true. Yes, he said he wouldn't vote for the Civil Rights Act, but not because he believes it's ok to discriminate based on color, but because it infringes on individual property rights. Paul is a libertarian and a strict constitutionalists. If a piece of federal legislation oversteps the authority given to the government by our constitution he will vote no on it, simple as that. That doesn't make him a racist.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
his statement has nothing to do with race but with the constitutionality of the law.
go tell this to your friend and smack it in the face.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

The only thing your friend proved is his ignorance/gullibility. I'm sure the media would love it if everyone thought Ron was a racist.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Ron Paul has been accused of holding racists beliefs because of a number newsletters written under his name. Paulers deny Ron Paul had written these newsletters regarding black americans, but regardless of whether it was written by him or not, it makes little sense that he wasn't atleast aware of those letters at the time, or atleast prior to the 2007 presidential elections.

Ron Paul doesn't seem to know much about his own newsletters. The libertarian-leaning presidential candidate says he was unaware, in the late 1980s and early 1990s, of the bigoted rhetoric about African Americans and gays that was appearing under his name. He told CNN last week that he still has "no idea" who might have written inflammatory comments.

Further down:

Yet in interviews with reason, a half-dozen longtime libertarian activists—including some still close to Paul—all named the same man as Paul's chief ghostwriter: Ludwig von Mises Institute founder Llewellyn Rockwell, Jr.

reason.com...

By the least he and his supporters must have been aware of these newsletters since they were written under his name and had been sitting around for more than a decade. Regardless, I don't think he has demonstrated any outright racist positions, yet atleast. His view on the civil rights act is controversial though, but Ron Paul including Paulers insist this is purely about private businesses. I'm not so much concerned about his position on private businesses implementing racist policies so much as I am concerned about his position on the power of states on the overall matter of racial segregation. In 1964 Barry Goldwater, the libertarian GOP presidential nominee stated that states should decide on the matter of racial segregation. This right here is the otherside to the civil rights act that I have not seen him or his son tread at all, which makes me wonder more so about his true feelings on the matter. Mind you though, Paulers and other libertarians will say it's an irrelevant issue nowadays, state sanctioned, racial segregation, but nevertheless his position on the matter and the principals are what I care about. Somehow I am of the opinion that Ron Paul shared the view of Barry Goldwater at the time, otherwise he'd clarify his position on this part of the civil rights act, not just the private business aspect.

So is Ron Paul a racist? As of yet the jury is still out for me, but I believe that Ron Paul believes he's not, and I've seen him happily take photos and talk openely with Black and other minority supporters.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
Abraham Lincoln was a racist.

Id rather have a racist as president than a lying shill.

This is the kind of attitude that causes Ron Paul to lose so badly even in the Republican Primaries. You may not personally "care", but it certainly will have an impact on his prospects for the presidency, and rightfully so in my opinion. Maybe you're convinced many Republicans will overlook this fact if it becomes far more public, but in the end most GOP voters will know full well the issues and risks this will cause for the prospects to overtake Obama.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
notice which side of the poltical aisle is calling paul racist

the same side that calls all right winger racist

the same side is when they cant argue on substance

they scream RACIST!

meh

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
notice which side of the poltical aisle is calling paul racist

the same side that calls all right winger racist

the same side is when they cant argue on substance

they scream RACIST!

meh

If Ron Paul intends to get through the presidential elections, this is going to come up time and time again. If Ron Paul has a good explanation and if he clarifies his position effectively, he'll probably come out of this. Though somehow I'm not sure he'll be able to explain himself all that much about these newsletters. You know what would have been a wise for him over the issues with the newsletters? He can clarify how on earth he and and his supporters missed out these articles for more than 15 years, written under his name. This explanation that "he didn't know" doesn't do him any good, it doesn't convince many folks. Maybe you believe he didn't know anything about them, but I certainly don't buy it. I'm sure that if this was Obama, you'd have a totally different attitude.

So you may continue to stamp your feet, fold your arms, and whine about this "race card" of yours, it ain't going to do much when it comes to election time, when he needs to explain himself.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

race card of mine?

not the one who goes around calling people racist.

funny how not a single person can prove paul even wrote those what you have is a typed page with his name on it

could have came from anywhere

been down this road already with dan rather and his proof
edit on 23-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm still looking into the newsletters and Ron Paul's supposed racism. For now I'll just leave this video of what Paul has to say on the Newsletters.

EDIT: The letters apparently don't match Ron Paul's Writing style.

www.ronpaulforums.com...

edit on 9/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: La La ma pa

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

neo your partisan bickering posts really turn me off from coming to ats sometimes.
perfectly cool thread then... it's the liberals' fault....

cant the guy just be an idiot? no he has to be a democrat/liberal
edit on 23-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Like Flava Flav said 'Don't believe the hype."... Honestly someone is trying to discredit him. Saying the only reason why Ron Paul wants to take a black president out of The White House is because he is a racist. Not buying it

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Southern Guardian

race card of mine?

not the one who goes around calling people racist.

Isn't it that this whole thing with the race card is when conservatives take it out when they feel wrongfully accused? Or is it the other way around? I must have gotten it wrong I guess. I just see members taking it out in response to people they feel whom are wrongfully accusing them of such.

funny how not a single person can prove paul even wrote those what you have is a typed page with his name on it

Yes, what we have is Ron Paul's name typed on it, which is the core issue here. Either somebody wrongfully used Ron Paul's name when writing it, or Ron Paul wrote it himself. Regardless, we didn't hear much from Ron Paul over this issue until, well, 2007, on the eve of the last general elections, and he's only explanation was that he "didn't know about it". As for his supporters, I've never seen them acknowledge it before this as well.

If there was a website about how whites are all jews and slaveholder decendants, and Obama's name was written on it as the author or endorser would you believe Obama if he claimed he didn't even know anything about these letters and did not write them? after over a decade conveniently during the elections? These aren't merely blogs, poorly made ones, these are newsletters under his name. I'm sure that if we switch the tables, or the shoes might I say, you'd have a totally different response to this. But oh please, by all means, tell me that you wouldn't.

could have came from anywhere

If there was a newsletter being written under my name over personal views that I don't share, and I was a public figure, I'm pritty sure that it would not take me more tha 10 years to find them. Maybe Ron Paul has been a busy congressman all these years not to have known, assuming he didn't write them of course. But then again he has supporters, relatives, somebody whom would have come across these newsletters sooner or later, and yet Paul had no idea? If this was not Ron Paul writing these letters, it certainly was a fan, a strong supporter, I'm sure he would have been in contact with Ron Paul someway or another. It could be totally random though, but I'm not sure how one can use a name of somebody else for a period of time without being noticed, certainly not for more than 10 years, ya betcha.

So many questions.... and all you've got is "it has his name on it, so what?"

As I said to the other member, it ain't ganna be that simple to get this issue out of the way next year.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This thread should be Rick Perry is racist...

Rick Perry

They are really trying desperately to discredit Dr. Ron Paul....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Even if Ron Paul was racist he would still be reflecting the views of many Americans (you know the people he is empowered to represent the views of). Racism or overt rascism at least is on the reduction in the US but I still expect that in some form or another a large enough representation of the American Population has rascist views that rightly or wrongly should be represented in a true democratic system. Supressing these views actually goes directly against democracy and freedom of speech providing that they are represented in peaceful form.

For the record, not rascist myself, just offering a balanced opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
What about that Democrat Byrd who had been a leader in the KKK? When he died Democrats came out of the woodwork to talk about what a great man he was. The KKK? Oh, that was a "youthful indiscretion".

Let's look at Paul NOW. Does he seem to be a racist? No. Then move on.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I made a thread about the claims in June: Ron Paul: Is He a Racist?

The evidence is that someone else wrote some pretty inflaming articles in his name without his knowledge a few decades ago. But he is not a racist. That's reserved for the progressives who still like to label people of color with descriptors so they stay in a particular caste.

ETA: Southern Guardian is correct about whether or not he wrote them, he had to have known they were being published under his name, which was pretty irresponsible at best. I don't know if his loyalty to his friends Lew Rockwell and Murray Rothbard overrode his good sense to not let them publish them or what. But never before those letters or sense has he ever written anything like them, and he has never said anything like it.

/TOA
edit on 23-9-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join