It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Twin Tower Collapse Model Could Squash 9/11 Conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

New Twin Tower Collapse Model Could Squash 9/11 Conspiracies

news.yahoo.com

Now a materials scientist has come up with a more scientific explanation for the mystery booms, and says his model of the Twin Towers collapse leaves no room for conspiracies. "My model explains all the observed features on 11th September: the explosions, molten metal coming out of the window, the time passing between the crash and the collapse, the fact that the explosions took place in a floor below the place it was burning, and the rapid collapse," Christen Simensen of SINTEF, a research organization in Norway, told Life's Little Mysteries.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
When will it end??
edit on 23-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: Corrected thread title

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Read, divulge. And stop the endless bickering. There is no use in pointing fingers and its now clear that the goverment did not do it. This article and experiment tackle almost all truthers theories and seeing that this guy is a trustworthy scientist.. Ima have to trust him more than some college kid in his moms basement. OS-er gain another point. Yay yay yay!

news.yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I read that article, and it was interesting.

But the scenario described in the article is not the only definite scenario that can happen in that circumstance. After reading, I figured Youtube would have some video of the process showing what happens. Sure enough they did. The first video I watched showed what seemed to be a small fire and I'm guessing molten aluminum. After they spray water on it quickly explodes. Another video showed people dropping a crucible of molten aluminum in a bucket of water. Sure enough there is no explosion and one of the people in the video even laments on the lack of one.

While it does give another perspective, and it could provide answers I do not feel like it is a "nail in the coffin." I believe it is just as likely to create more doubt and speculation than to create believers of the OS.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The 9/11 conspiracies will only ever be debunked through a new transparent and independent investigation. This will never happen because the authorities responsible for 9/11 have too much at stake.

Even if some of the conspiracy theories are debunked, the official story still has too many holes in it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
lol reminds me why psychologists talk about why ppl wont look at explanations >

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

*wipe tears from eyes*

wow,

Thanks for the laugh!

Let me refer you to the thread that's on the front page right now:
Psychologists explain why some people can't accept alternate conspiracy theories concerning 9/11.

This debate will rage long past when you and I are cold in the grave absent some major world changes!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I would also like to mention, no fire fighters even made it to the fires in the towers before they collapsed. On September 11th I just watched the lovely hours of terror play out, and the fire men were just getting to the floor survivors were on when the buildings came down. Most of the men, didn't even make it to the fires, and as far as I know not one pump was pumping water into the tower when it came down. Nice try, but there are so many holes, the fire was not hot enough to even melt the steel involved in the structure, nor was there any molten Aluminum in the basements or lobby levels, that both first responders and survivors report hearing and witnessing devastation before the towers collapsed. Excellent try, great article, interesting theory, but so far from the truth. There are more engineers, scientists, and architects who believe otherwise. You get a flag for effort, and to attract those more suited to explain why this just doesn't satisfy any bit of my disbelief.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

One scientist against thousands of Architects, Structural Engineers, Fire fighters, and Pilots for 9/11 truth and you want to put all your eggs in this guys basket?

Go right ahead...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I don't see where this debunks that it wasn't an inside job. You really believe they just fell down by themselves including building 7? I don't understand how anyone would take I person and believe them over hundreds of experts who have put there reputations on the line.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

The article you provide states that this

Simensen's new collapse model has not gained immediate acceptance by proponents of earlier models.

Eagar also objects to the notion that the aluminum, if it did melt, would definitely have reacted with the water it encountered. Most of the time when water is sprayed on molten aluminum, "there is no explosion because the water turns to steam and excludes the oxygen, preventing the growth of the combustion," he said.

It also states that the people who believe the first explanation do not accept this one, so if the people who believe terrorists brought down the building do not believe this is why it fell, as well they don't accept conspiracy theories. As well, it was stated in many reports that Majority of the jet fuel was burnt up outside the building, which kind of puts a damper on this articles explanation of how the fire got hot enough to melt anything, especially with all that black smoke we see implicating a cool smothered fire.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Fail.
This gives no answer as to why traces of nano thermite was found. Are you forgetting about everything else that happened on that day. Bombs found in the bridges. So many unanswered questions. Why was fema already there a day before. Anyways this proves nothing. 9 11 was an inside job.
edit on 22-9-2011 by DemonicUFO because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by DemonicUFO because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by DemonicUFO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Why are you so quick to believe this scientist and reject other scientists theories? A BYU professor that actually had pieces of WTC found thermate in them. To me a person that actually has first-hand sources of the material would be more educated as to the cause of the collapse.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow a test I can confirm!
Get case of beer
build campfire
drink beer
throw empty cans in campfire
and just when the cans melt throw water on them, watch explosion
impress my friends.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have some experience with explosives, demolition and metal smelting. Like everyone else, I watched the events unfold that day and I understood the processes that resulted in the collapse. I saw what happened as it unfolded and believe it happened just the way that I saw that it did.
Impact, fire, weakening, collapse.

On the other hand, there are a lot of suspicious coincidences surrounding everything else about the events leading up to that day and our countries and leaders response to the aftermath.

Things like ignorance. denial, lies, revenge, wars. All of which are as evident to my mind as the attacks themselves. No single report or analysis is going to answer all these in my mind, prolly never will... until Judgment Day. Then the books will be opened and the truth will be known.

And according to a lot of people here on ATS, that day is not to far off either.

I can hardly wait.

edit on 23-9-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by spw184

One scientist against thousands of Architects, Structural Engineers, Fire fighters, and Pilots for 9/11 truth and you want to put all your eggs in this guys basket?

Go right ahead...

Oh right so people should put "all your eggs" in the basket of a conspiracy theorist with no actual proof. I have seen many assumptions and backyard scientist, but none of them have had any credible evidence to the contrary of the official story, contrary yes but not credible.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wonder if he can explain the bandana and passports that survived the fireball.

Wonder if he can explain why 6 of the hijackers are still alive overseas.

Wonder if he can explain why the FBI site had Bin Laden on it's Most Wanted page but neglected to mention he was wanted for the 9/11 attacks.

Wonder if he can explain the molten metal that flowed for weeks after that day.

Even if his model does explain what happened (which it doesn't), the rest of the BS that happened that day is still..well, BS.
edit on 23-9-2011 by GoodLifeGodLike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is funny
I bet the scientist will get a
government grant for this one.

Almost as funny when a friend of mine
CHRIS J. HORQUILLA (fictitious internet person)
told me it was smoking flight
and all the cigarette lighters went off and
cause the explosions.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Fact or Faked, Truth is 911 is only one finger pointing to the criminals in Government, who Favored Profit over Lives that day.

Just Remember..

Doom & Gloom and Numbers on t-shirts sell..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

9/11 Truthers DEBUNKED FOREVER

news.yahoo.com

Now a materials scientist has come up with a more scientific explanation for the mystery booms, and says his model of the Twin Towers collapse leaves no room for conspiracies. "My model explains all the observed features on 11th September: the explosions, molten metal coming out of the window, the time passing between the crash and the collapse, the fact that the explosions took place in a floor below the place it was burning, and the rapid collapse," Christen Simensen of SINTEF, a research organization in Norway, told Life's Little Mysteries.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
When will it end??

Sounds a little like a love story.
Like the cover of a cheap romance novel...? For me it was never about the thermite or the explosives evidence but all the rest of the evidence added up. I don't think it was holograms and I think planes operated by terrorist hit those buildings but they were guaranteed to fall and had help on the inside. I think this was initiated NOT BY THE US Government per se...but a powerful and secretive interior body within the government so we could start a war and invade Iraq. Building 7... No one can explain that.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Exactly...true some mistakes were made, some perhaps even intentionally...and therein lies the true conspiracy. But, to say that it was planed from the inside before the event, with planted explosives and a wired building is just beyond comprehension...did "they" allow it to proceed, after the plot was discovered...perhaps. but this is not the same thing as an inside orchestrated event.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Andronian because: misspelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join