It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Factor Boosting Ratings with Mentally Ill Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Mainstream entertainment in the UK has now been reduced to exploiting and mocking a clearly mentally ill and very vulnerable woman in order to boost its ratings. Im talking about xfactor. personally I have never watched the show, but an article in the newspaper this morning about a welsh women named Ceris rees caught my attention. This woman is basically wheeled out on stage every year by the shows producers, in order for everyone to have a good laugh... Sunday night they had her on stage for 7 minutes of vomit inducing ridicule in front of 11 million viewers. You can read the full story about this poor women and the discusting freak show she is almost forced to take part in here:www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here is the sunday night show, remember its made to look like she is coming along to the show of her own free will. When in reality she is being bombarded with pressure and lies (that her dream may come true this time) by the shows producers to appear.www.youtube.com...
This S**T has got to stop, seriously wtf is going on....
edit on 21-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by Gazrok because: No all caps in thread titles.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I agree with what you are saying but it's not like they can stop her turning up for auditions, they would be discriminating against her if they did.
3rd line (
)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Personally I think anyone that watches this or any other type is already mentally dysfunctional, for gods sake people it's a TV show made for TV. How many of the supposed 'winners' have actually gone on and made a proper career out of it. It's dumbed down tv for a dumbed down generation

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I cant view youtube on the mobile. Stupid google lol, so hopefully this embeds for you.

I bet it wont however :-/

Haha it did but only google could make an os that wont let you view thier own videos ON an android mobile, ffs lol

edit on 21/9/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ive just flagged it for:

Abusing Vulnerable Individuals

edit on 21-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I know it's her dream and all that. That's why she keeps coming back. The point is that they choose to put her on, especially in a spotlight time.

They are definitely exploiting her mental state.

This is very similar to what I realized about American Idol.

I didn't realize that there are two layers of auditions. The first is that thousands of participants go through producers screening. After the producers put them through that one, they go to the second round and appear in front of the celebrity judges.

What does that mean? It means all those crazies that think they can sing were actually put through in the first round just so they can HUMILIATED in the second, ON PURPOSE!

That's why they get so upset!

It's crappola.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I love how they advertise this as "Like no other Singing Competition you've seen before..."

when it's EXACTLY like another competition we've seen before....

I do love Simon's critiques...but really, I've got zero interest in these kinds of shows anymore. The only fun part is watching the train wreck auditions...not the good singers.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Ive just flagged it for:

Abusing Vulnerable Individuals

edit on 21-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Huh, you flagged the youtube video?

Im sure the xfactor have been taught a valuable lesson now! They wont make the same mistake twice, Im sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Well, i didnt want to thumbs it up

I know it wont change anything, but hey....takes 2 seconds to flag a vid, and it may get it removed...who knows?? Who cares?? not me on both accounts

Just doing my bit

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Ahh, I just noticed the channel was theirs.

On that note, Im off to do the same

I thought it was just a random guys channel, my bad!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Good man

I wouldnt have flagged it had it been someone elses account....id imagine its received a fair few flags for the same reason i flagged it.

Its got the most views out of all their contestants lol....like a freak show...but she doesnt get paid

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's obviously her dream. As a general rule the UK likes to gee on the underdog, would be nice if she managed to come back one year and actually knocked their socks off. Bet she's up the Karikrokie every week at home.

I have a love/hate relationship with the X Factor. It's a bit of silliness to watch in the first episodes while I'm getting ready to go out. Once it gets all super serious I avoid it like the plague though.

I didn't realize that there are two layers of auditions. The first is that thousands of participants go through producers screening. After the producers put them through that one, they go to the second round and appear in front of the celebrity judges. What does that mean? It means all those crazies that think they can sing were actually put through in the first round just so they can HUMILIATED in the second, ON PURPOSE!

Surely everyone knows this already though. It amazes me how many families go with their tone deaf children and expect them to do anything other than laughed at. I'm positive the majority of people who do go through the producers that sing like a hound are doing it just to get 5 minutes on the telly.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Surely everyone knows this already though. It amazes me how many families go with their tone deaf children and expect them to do anything other than laughed at. I'm positive the majority of people who do go through the producers that sing like a hound are doing it just to get 5 minutes on the telly.

You'd think so, but at least some small percentage ACTUALLY think they are good, and that the judges are wrong, hehe... THOSE are the funniest ones.
Sure, it's somewhat mean and degrading, but c'mon, these folks came of their own accord, and got themselves into it.

Like you though, once it's serious, the entertainment value is gone...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I watch a few of these type shows i.e. The Voice, America's got Talent, the Sing Off so I thought I would DVR the X-Factor to see what all the fuss is about.

We watched an hour of the 1st show(U.S. version) and thought it was awful. It's like America's got Talent with only singers and recorded music. It seems like it revolves around the judges reactions more than anything else and they spend so much time talking about what they think instead of hearing people perform.

I don't see this show lasting past it's current commitment if even that long.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If we're absolutely honest, shows like X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Big Brother and others are made for the mentally ill to watch anyway.

new topics

top topics

join