It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is How Our Masters Live.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I posted this in the Political Madness forum because the focus of this thread is a politician and.... I am MAD as hell.

Link

Billionaire New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been very secretive about his homes and personal life, but the New York Times discovered yesterday that photos of two of Bloomberg's townhouses were posted in plain sight on the website of his interior deorator.

The photos have since been taken down.

The NYT consulted with a few antiques dealers and concluded that Bloomberg's taste indeed runs high.

According to the paper:

In the New York town house, the photos show that visitors are greeted by what appeared to be, in the eyes of one antiques dealer, a Dutch old master painting, an English Regency table that could be worth $90,000 and sconces that could go for $40,000 each.

In another room sits what the dealer said was a $1 million Georgian Chippendale couch beneath what appeared to be an 18th-century portrait by a prominent painter like Joshua Reynolds or Thomas Gainsborough, which might be worth $450,000. Throughout the house are more sconces and chandeliers valued in the five or six figures, the dealer said.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

link

link to pics

I don't know who this guy is representing but it sure as hell isn't us.
Ever wonder why you never see a plumber become Mayor of NYC?
Why not a school teacher?
or a locksmith?

Cuz you aint got the money honey!!!!
Go get disgustingly rich then you may have a chance to "Represent" us.

Notice the masonic tiles in the entrance?

edit on 20-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Most of us would settle for just one room of that house.

Yeah, our planet can't fit anymore people. Especially when one man can take enough land for himself that would benefit 50 people.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am absolutely blown away!

How can he have such a spartan kitchen in such a beautiful house!?

Heresy!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Peace,
spec

link   
if that makes you mad.. its lucky you dont live in the uk..

link   
dont have any problems with bloomberg causes he rich

just have a problem cause hes a rino

jumped ship from the dnc and joined up with the gop

hypocritical to say the least billionaire democrats telling everyone else to share the wealth

ok then how come they are still millionaires and billionaires?

food for thought they are playing people for political gain its got nothing to do with "helping the less fortunate"
edit on 20-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Screwed

Dude is that real cheetah skin
that's a real classy house i must say

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why is there a couch in front of the bed and then two chairs facing the couch? Who would actually sit there?
/

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That’s all very gaudy and quite ugly if you ask me.

And the poor chap has to rely on a simple ceiling fan in the bedroom. I'm shedding tears right now for his obvious discomfort during the hotter months…

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You never got the memo? Commoners have no place in politics Now it is only for little rich kids with no life experience. You should feel sorry for them though can you imagine the agony of waiting around for mommy and daddy to die so they can inherit the family fortune.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A massive house and rubbish old decor is worthless to me to be honest. I personally would prefer a smaller modern home with some decent up to date design. Also to be fair those tiles are a traditional style and probably go way way back. Sometimes symbols and patterns are just that, though it could well be masonic.

link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
That’s all very gaudy and quite ugly if you ask me.

And the poor chap has to rely on a simple ceiling fan in the bedroom. I'm shedding tears right now for his obvious discomfort during the hotter months…

It does pull on the heartstrings doesn't it.
Maybe the owner of this site can have a telethon so we can buy him a small window a/c unit.

link   
The shine wears off quick for rich folks. Trust me.. they most often want something shinier. They aren't as happy as one might think if you were to strip them down to the core.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Look, he even had time to kill a buffalo!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Isn't it so that we, the people choose these men to be our leaders? Isn't it the same common people who let the US government double its accumulated national debt over 200 years in eight years? Officially the people are standing like deer watching in the head-lights how our leaders are mis-managing and raping the country of its wealth. Who is to blame...?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Nice garden. Although probably he does not do the gardening himself.
The rest is a bit too posh for my taste.
If I were a billionaire, I'd eat sushi every day and sleep on a good quality futon with no electric appliances or wifi around. View to a really good garden. (This would do.)

We have our own richness. Did you ever contemplate that?
Plus we don't have to think every day whether we should give more to X or Y or whether they are firends just for the money...
It is easier. Although I could handle a few seaside resort vacations by now, honest to God.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Eesh, the Interior Decorator needs to go! The Landscaper can stay.

Look, if you don't like the man's politics, Vote someone else into office. He is no man's Master, less you allow him to be. It starts in your mind. BTW, Bloomberg didn't make his money by being Mayor of NY - the tax payers didn't foot the bill for that property...

edit on 20-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Forget the objects in the house.

Focus on the issue, there are Americans paying out their ass for this guys like him to live like this.

There are Americans who don't even have 4 walls to provide security for themselves. This guy has like 92 walls for just himself and his family.

This is how our masters live indeed.
edit on 20-9-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

sconces that could go for $40,000 each.

At first I read that as scones like the pastry and I was like "Who the F*** would pay 40K for a scone?" Then I found out it was a lamp.

OT: Its frankly disgusting. I wonder how much of the money was gained through honest enterprise instead of bribes,blood, drug, inherited, and market manipulations and or scams? Oh and don't forget the fraud.

I've been racking my brain for a good month on a better way to get the common man back into politics, or at least give them a chance to compete. Instead of or "only the rich can do it" system we have now. I'm not against rich people having it at politics per say, I just don't only want rich people making there way in it.
edit on 9/20/2011 by Mcupobob because: Upside down, I want the world know i'm upside down, won't someone please turn me rightside up?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Bloomberg is the 13th richest man in the United States with a net worth of 18.1 billion dollars. If any of you had HALF of his money just imagine what YOU would buy.

Bloomberg is a Mayor not a Master, besides the official mayor's salary is $195,000 a year and Bloomberg only receives $1 of that. We pay him ONE DOLLAR a year!! He earned his billions, let him keep them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join