It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garbage food that you can't help but love.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I had a discussion with Kali the other day, about pop tarts. It is nothing but garbage but you can't help but love them. Some American crap food is like that. It is a also the favorite hurricane food as a lot of people will tell you.Good warm or cold and never goes bad.

Now we all know that fast food restaurants are junk, unless there is something you can resist, like the mcrib.

So you know its chemicals, fake flavorings, corn syrup and won't go bad on the shelf for ten years.

But what is that crap food you know you shouldn't eat, but you can't help yourself.

I WANT MY CHEESY POOFS
edit on 20-9-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
essentially everything from KFC, esp if I am hungover... Chips with extra salt

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
the thing i cant help but love.. and i really hate the fact i love it, is coca cola...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Macdonalds milkshake.

Pretty sure theres not even any milk in it, but some days (esp hundover like mr man above me) those milkshakes make my day

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

A few weeks ago I got into a car accident trying to get a milkshake. I don't know whats in it, all I know is that when I worked at macdonalds, whatever it was came in a huge plastic bag and got dumped into a machine.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnoone07
essentially everything from KFC, esp if I am hungover... Chips with extra salt

I've got to second that

Toasted Twister Salsa meal with chips plus 3 packets of salt, nom nom.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Powdered mini doughnuts...melt in your mouth single bites....no food value at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnoone07

KFC=Keep the Fat Coming

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
coke and pizza bites..even though I crave them every once in awhile...after I buy, and nuke them, I always end up throwing 1/2 away because they do taste bad..I don't know why i remember them being so good 10 years ago.

Has junk food changed over the years or has it always tasted gross? I have been on a pretty healthy diet for around 10-12 years. I've tried to avoid salt for about 6 months..and now almost everything I eat that I have not prepared tastes extremely salty!...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Cheese burgers. Real cheese burgers from a real restaurant, not some half assed cheese burgers from macdonalds. Like a mom and pop restaurant style cheese burger with all the grease, lettuce,pickle,tomato with miracle whip.
edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I have been watching my diet and exercising regularly at my doctors urging to bring my blood pressure down.
It has worked, I've weaned myself off the BP meds that he had me taking, after losing over 30 pounds.

What do I miss the most? French fries. With gravy..... and salt. Now I opt for a baked potato with a splash of hot sauce. Like mr london above I do love Coca Cola, alas it is a rare treat now.

Oh, when I go to the grocery store and look at the snack foods, I do long for some of those fat, salt and simple carb loaded foods. You have the right name for them, garbage. I pass them by and opt for better quality in my caloric intake now. I have learned to enjoy a whole bowl of tomatoes and okra that have more good things in them and less calories than a small handful of most 'garbage foods'.

Star and Flag.

edit on 20-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnoone07

Nah man, Bacon Deluxe from HJ's IS THE ULTIMATE HANGOVER FOOD BAR NONE.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I couldn't help but notice posters from UK and Australia enjoying US brand fast foods.

Oh, the poisons we export. Great tasting poisons though!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Lays classic potato chips and crunchy cheetos. I very rarely eat them anymore.....(sodium issues)....but when I do...it is in moderation....a small grab bag.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My favorite hangover food is steak and eggs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
My favorite hangover food is steak and eggs.

I like those too.
I had a cousin that loved that for hangovers. He is gone, but wasn't cholesterol that got him, twas a bullet from his own gun. He should have stuck with steak and eggs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
favorites that are once in a blue moon treats:

Sweets-
Honeydew (milk tea or smoothie) with boba
red bean paste sesame balls/moochi from diamond bakery in Las Vegas
cheetos
candy bars
double stuff oreos held under milk till they're soggy
Trader joes triple ginger cookies
Trader Joes Belgium chocolate pudding
moe's chocolate bars with bacon pieces in them
chocolate duet cookies from Panera...heck anything from panera bread co.
cheesecake

homemade chai tea latte (I'm not paying starbucks when I can make a better one at home with almond milk)
sloppy joes...now you say sloppy joes? but my mom made them different from manwich. The ones I love have their sauce made with the hamburger grease, brown sugar, ketchup, a little bit of mustard and grilled bits of onion. It's so sweet and delicious mmmmmmmmmm.
abba zabba's

Savories-
cheetos
wendys fries dipped in a frosty
wendys fried dipped in their potato cheese sauce (you can ask for a side of it)
mcdonalds fries dipped in their sweet and sour sauce
fried cheese sticks...man it's been years since I had those.
pasta, meat, bread or a combo with alfredo sauce
chicken baked dior from Don Antonio's in Las Vegas
biscuits from bojangles

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Real Moon Cakes, from the Chinese bakery 2 hours away from my home...well worth the trip.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
oh dont get me started on chinese pastries. Red bean curd or bbq pork buns.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Glad to see I'm not the only fan of Chinese pastries
I don't really know what's in the red bean paste other than red beans, sugar and honey but when you combine it with the chewyness of the moochi/rice flour stuff and the sweet nuttyness of the toasted sesame seeds... just yum. Those things haunt my dreams every time I diet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join