It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Light appears again in Arizona...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They are saying it's from an Airshow...according to Fox News

Second time this week.

Another video from this week.

Multiple residents in Arizona's southeast valley reported witnessing strange lights in the sky for the second time this week. People described the lights as fading in and out when they phoned into MyFoxPhoenix Saturday night about lights seen in the sky.

However, the mystery of the lights on Saturday was solved when it was discovered they were actually a part of the Constitution Fair at the Town Center in Gilbert, an all-day event to celebrate the signing of the U.S. Constitution. As a highlight of the festivities, parachuters carrying large lights were dropped from planes. The fair is known as the largest celebration of its kind in the U.S.

Some photos and the story

So that is the explanation?

What do you guys think?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-9-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"Looks like parachuters"?!?!?!?!? are you serious? I don't know what it is but it sure isnt parachuters!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well as far as the second video goes, those really don't seem like meteorites.

But what do I know? I have little knowledge about such things

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Last night I saw that second video you posted and I almost posted it here but first I decided to YT Skydiving at night with magnesium flares and lo and behold that's what it appears to be. Let me show you.

Here's a short clip from the skydivers themselves with the flares

And here's a shot from the ground

(This video takes forever to load, dunno why)

edit on 19-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I guess I am wrong...but how do they go up if they are free falling? the lights in the video from the OP seem to go up

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel5383

They go "up" in the other videos too. Could be they seem to go up from the ground perspective or they actually do, but I'm no skydiver so I dunno the in's and out's of diving. The flares are attached to their feet, so they could be doing flips/kart wheels to make this illusion, just a guess.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yesterday about 1900 Alaska time I saw a very bright light West, out past the Knik inlet. I was In Palmer, AK at the time. It was very similar to a magnesiun burn color. It lasted About 3 seconds and vanished. I pulled over for a minute to get pictures and video but no luck. I would also like to add that the light was stationary. This is one of two UFO sightings I have had in my life. The other was a huge black triangle in San Diego, CA about 15 years ago.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It could well be a few sky divers in some ad hoc scenario, and if that's all there was to be seen, it would not be a sky diving stunt team who have display manoeuvres.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The video that the news channels keep showing down here in AZ shows that the mysterious light was moving in a horizontal direction...pretty much in a straight line. I'm an avid skydiving buff and I've never seen anyone move in a completely horizontal line without a wing suit and even then you're not going in a straight path. It is, however, possible that skydivers can take sharp turns in the sky with flares attached to them giving off the appearance that they're moving in a horizontal path, but then you would see the light the flare gives off in a twisting motion.

What bugs me is how the media is handling these sightings and acting like everyone who has a question about these lights are completely idiotic. Just this morning on ABC the news reporter said he dispelled the mystery in one minute while everyone who has a question has been trying to figure it out for a week or so now with his condescending voice...he's probably just afraid!

These lights are definitely U(UNIDENTIFIED)FOs...whether they belong to the military, or are some sort of extraterrestrial spacecraft, or a part of that Elenin hubbub, or whatever else you can think of is impossible to pinpoint. One thing we can safely assume, though, is that we will never hear the truth from MSM.
edit on 19-9-2011 by duhdiggitydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Thank you for the latest Az lights post.
Seems to be a happening place..Isnt that where peter gersten and others think a portal is going to open up?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wonder how long they will keep up with the bs on MSM...

Everything has become so blatant already it's more embarassing that they lie and make a fool out of themselves. The tables are turning and I find that eventually actual eye witnesses who know what they have seen will become less ridiculed. The MSM will find themselves being mocked at every turn.

Remember it's not only nutcases that see these weird things in the skies...
Perhaps we'll all become crazies by the end of the year
but then
that would make us normal...
edit on 19-9-2011 by Shurima because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't see how the second video could be anything else but skydivers. And the first video is just a white blob.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is very frustrating looking at lights in the sky.

Even when you see them in person you can't be sure.

I know lots of ATS brass live in Arizona.

Just want to document as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by duhdiggitydan

I don't think anyone is referring to the first video as sky divers. As for the first video it is most likely that it was a fireball of some kind, but it is a presumption to say that, even the NASA man hints at that, so for once the anchors are really correct in that it was something mysterious, noticeably the lady anchor asked the NASA man why he thought it was a fireball, or meteorite, while the other anchor mentions colour as an indicator, all the while the NASA gave his reasons through a process of elimination, so the consensus is 'Most likely'

I thought I should add that the first video of 'the fireball' is only about six seconds long and repeating and is totally ambiguous as far as we are concerned, and even though I say most likely a fireball, there is no way of knowing anything from those six seconds that we see, except perhaps to measure the brightness.
edit on 19-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Actually, the news down here in AZ is referring to the greenish/whitish one as being a skydiver practicing with flares. I should have cleared that up in my initial post.

EDIT: The news is also referring to the fireball type lights being skydivers as well, which--if you read my explanation of high speed turns while skydiving--is a lot more plausible than the green/white light being parachuters with flares. The fact that they can compare those two lights and say they're from the same source...is absolutely preposterous.
edit on 19-9-2011 by duhdiggitydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Now I know that I am late with a reply to this, but I have not had a computer until now....I also saw the light in Phoenix,AZ, and I dont think that it is what the news says it is. Now I dont know for sure what it really is, but I think that it is really wierd that the news is saying that it is a comet that has burnt up in the atmosphere before actually making landfall. It could always be possibly a UFO or maybe something else. I do know that something was falling out of the sky, like a satelite or something. But then again, who knows... Maybe one of these days we might actually get the truth on what is actually going on out there in space.

top topics

join