It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'booming sounds' perplex scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Mysterious

www.msnbc.msn.co m

Mysterious booming sounds are occasionally heard on the North Carolina coast, often powerful enough to rattle windows and doors. They cannot be explained by thunderstorms or any manmade sources — their source is a mystery.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Seems there have been some mysterious booming sounds going on that have scientists totally and completly baffled as to what the orgin of them may be. I kno ATS is always a good place for oponions on such topics so I figured I would ask around here and see what ya'll think the source of these mysterious sounds are?

note to mods: this seemed as the appropriate forum for the post if not i apologise and ask that it be moved to the appropriate forum. Thank you

www.msnbc.msn.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Ask these people

IMO, tin foil hat is on. Deep underground drilling. Deep underground wars. Cloaked UFO's doing something to our atmosphere (hopefully trying to redirect or clear the radiation clouds). HAARP.

If the scientists don't know WTF?!?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The Sounds come from the big UFO`s in stealth mode.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
In the same way that seismometers can find out where an earthquake is, I would think that this is an easy task if you get a bunch of sound recorders in the area running 24 hours a day.

Its a project for ATS members.
I imagine that there is free software to record sounds to a hard drive. If these rumbles are low frequency then low data rates (and thus low files sizes) are ok.
As long as the clock on the computer is kept accurate, once three people record the same sound, triangulation would be easy.

Go for it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
How much you wanna bet if we dig up Carolina(no use for it anyway) we will find some chained Titans? At any rate, thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Governor Bev Perdue maybe should be looking and listening outside her windows. Seriously, this is creepy, rattling windows and doors? That would sure give me pause.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
OK so we are past the "you are hearing stuff" to "our scientists are hearing stuff" and eventually we will see "sounds come from ____" even if they don't. The sounds are probably NASA testing their new boosters.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It will be Zeus trying to get people's attention away from the material world so he can give them an important message.

Interesting stuff OP.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012

Pretty stealth then!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
relax,its just god farting!!! too much taco bell!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Most likely military weapon testing or new aircrafts.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It could be the Great Old Ones trying to break down the barriers between our reality and Theirs. Soon the whole world will be filled with booming sounds that drive the human race insane.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I've heard these 'booms' many times. They sound like sonic booms, not rumbling noises. They are very short and very loud. Around here they are mostly referred to as the 'Seneca Guns'. They're still a mystery. Here's a link about them in the local paper.
[url=http://www.myreporter.com/?p=1275]

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

well if earthquakes use as much energy as like 100 nuclear bombs or whatever
surely theres another similar process to do with the crust/plates that can make a bombing sound
if there really is no explination..then i would say it has to be something earthquake related/similar

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Could be sonic booms. Are there any military training areas in that neck of the woods?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
OK....probably my fault. Visited a buddy at Ft. Bragg and we had a chili cook-off with lots of beer. The sounds should be in Ohio by Tuesday.

Good stuff...but man, it's a good thing no one is traveling with me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012

Well its not a very good stealth mode then, is it?

This links in with the other strange rumblings and godzilla like sounds heard all over the world.

Its definitely legitimate but no one apart from maybe the government (if its a black project) has a clue what it is.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Apparently there were a couple of underground 'cities' or 'bunkers' that were destroyed by explosives a little while back. Perhaps they are linked somehow.

There was a thread not to long ago about it if you were interested.

Of course there is no credible evidence behind it, just thought it might be a sneaky comparison.
Actually thinking about it, the outrageous claim would then have some outrageous evidence, if it were true.

heh
edit on 19-9-2011 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Its the super secret underground mach 1 rail system if course... seriously though seems they could figure it out if they do a little researching.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join