It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Cassini Movies from Saturn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It is so easy for us to take for granted sitting here in our living rooms being able to peek out millions of miles into the solar system. I like to wonder what would go through Galileo and Kepler's minds if they could see what we are able to today with no effort except a mouse click.

I think these videos are stunning and wanted to share. I did a search and was able to find the second in a thread already, but not the first one. So forgive if it's been posted already.

I hope you all enjoy as much as I did.

Thanks NASA.

edit on 17-9-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the share Cassini is truly doing an awe inspiring job out there around stunning Saturn and all its fascinating Moons. It makes we want to peel back all the layers and really be able to understand what exactly is going on out there.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's refreshing to see background stars in a NASA video.

That 1st video is pretty sick. Good footage.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

fantastic fantastic, incredible, incredible, what can we say more than that we have to be very very humble in the face of nature ...... in the face of this cosmos, creation of .... God !!!!! ......
Oh God I love You, I love Your creation, I love that cosmos !!! but just I would like to understand more of it !! please tell me how it works ....... attraction ..... gravitation .... neutrinos .... string theory .... please tell me some of the secrets .......

incredible, real images from deep deep space !!! I feel ONE with this beauty, I feel good with this quiety !!!
LOVE LOVE, just all we need !!!!!

edit on 17-9-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

why not possible please MODS to put more stars on this one ??? or other ones .....
should be possible to put as much stars as you want !!
for this I would put 10 stars !!!!
yeah, emotion you know !!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner but awesome... just... totally awesome

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

So so true. The fact that u say that makes me feel alive. I too love space photography, the first video, was almost enough to get me on the floor doing the bacon. Nice shots though. The second was a lot more relaxing and I too felt whole watching as i do looking through my telescope. I can only think wow, i'm there, especially saturn, the most gorgeous planet out there, such elegance.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thank you so much, TW. Might have taken months for me to find these on my own. Coincidentally I just changed my desktop and browser to a Saturn theme before bed last night.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Welcome.

I have mine set to that recent HD picture of Saturn that just came out last week with the freaking crazy Sun aura behind.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Can I see that pic?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
wow those are great vids, thank you for posting this!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Great vids. second vid has a great shot of the deathsta...I mean Mimas at about 1:34

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Nice vids.

I wonder what the "o" shaped object in the first video moving diagonally into frame is. It appears around the 40 seconds mark.
Reminds me of the NASA tether incident vid below.

snf

edit on 18-9-2011 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2011 by BruceWayne because: syntax

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
can I be one of the few to say I am not impressed how much did the optics (cameras) cost no hd 3d.
shame nasa shame is this what passes as cutting edge technology

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
reply to post by Frater210

Welcome.

I have mine set to that recent HD picture of Saturn that just came out last week with the freaking crazy Sun aura behind.

Me too! OP thanks for the link.
Hard to absorb something so amazing. My brain is almost programmed to say "hoax" when I click on YT links.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Oh thanks, makes me dreaming. Travel next to Saturn....

This planet is beautiful.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yeah, well I'm sorry guys but all this is fake and a way to get money for black programs.

It's basically nothing more than fancy computer graphics and models made from plaster.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Can I see that pic?

I think i know the image that Timewalker is talking about. I have the same one as my desktop background. Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
One of the coolest things about this picture of Saturn is between those two red streaks in the outer portion of the rings on the left hand side is the image of EARTH showing through the rings. She's as bright as the stars.

Was going to show a detail but image upload is disabled.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Yeah that's the one!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join