It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and Greece sign military pact in response to Turkey's aggression towards both countries

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Rumblings of War: Greece and Israel sign pact amid worries about Turkey

With Turkey threatening naval action against Israel, the Jewish state and Greece have invoked a mutual defense pact they signed without publicity only 12 days ago.

“Greek Defense Minister Panos Beglitis, making the first official visit by a Greek defense minister to Israel, and his Israeli counterpart, Ehud Barak, signed a cooperation memorandum on security in Jerusalem on Sunday during the first day of Beglitis’ three-day trip,” reports the Jewish Telegraphic Agency news service.

“I come as my country’s defense minister to state our political will as a government, as well as the majority of the country’s political forces, for the two countries, the two governments, the two peoples, to work together so that we can further develop and deepen our bilateral relations in all sectors of mutual interest and concern,” Beglitis said.

The pact comes as Greece’s longtime rival, Turkey, has made threatening moves toward both countries. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has threatened to send Turkish warships to protect protesters in a flotilla vowing to break Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip. Meanwhile Greece has expressed nervousness over Turkish surveillance flights over the Greek island of Kastelorizo.

The plot thickens. It seems Turkey has historical enemies in the region that are prepared to align against Erdogan. The Greek Cypriots ( along with Turkish Armenians, and Turkish Kurds for that matter) are very familiar with the Turkish policies towards human rights. The latest Turkish power play is about nothing more than trying to infringe on the rights to the potential oil supply recently discovered by Israel and Cyprus in their regional waters.

You're not fooling anyone Erdogan, and the civilized world will soon understand your alterior motives.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You're not fooling anyone Erdogan, and the civilized world will soon understand your alterior motives.

What alterior motives? Getting upset over the murder of their citizens on the flotilla? Shame on them!! So is Israel hoping Greece will do their fighting for them? Guess Israel has their hands full with the kids in Gaza.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

You can express your feelings about the Turkish policies but you know very well that no one will be able to change the plans of the participating countries. Every country has its own resource and widening plot. All you can do is sit and watch the SHOW! I think you can even bet on dead counts per day and earn some money too. If you cant help people than you can exploit them from their situation and by that at least you can help yourself. Because my friend, this is how it works when it comes to the case of warring each other.

Hey, may be we will be able to see this time the secret weapons that we were talking about all the years. Arent you excited? I am already and waiting for the 23.Sep!

And why the hatred against Tayyip Erdogan? He is playing his part very well and very professional! If a conflict starts, for the first day I bet for 10.000+ deads in total from every participant sides.

This time in stead of sitting and cursing on the govts, politicians or the armies, I will just ENJOY watching.

You cant stop the inevitable!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I checked the source. Beliefnet? Spirituality, blah, blah, blah. I discount anything from that blog. Even if it was true, Israel would be considered in deep doodoo if that was what they were considering an ally in the area. Greece's economy is in the toilet. Their military power is just behind Argentina and just above Switzerland:

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I must agree your views seem to be quite slanted toward Israel. Did they not jump on a boat and kill Turkey civilians. You cant sit there and say its ok cause Turkey has done bad things. Really what will Greece do are they they not in the midst of their own financial crisis. How will they fund a war with Turkey.

Second no matter how big the support from the US, Israel is not a NATO partner Turkey is. There will be some hard decisions in the near future and I feel it all begins with the Palestinian vote for statehood. The US needs to leave the veto alone and allow this nation to be born. China has already stated such as well. We should stay out of it and I agree.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Two of the smallest countries in the world, one of them about to go bankrupt, versus a country "full of warriors"...
Greece isn't even in the situation to war with Turkey.

Do you really think that the Greek population will fight for Israel in case of a war, when they now protest against their own government? Doesn't make much sense to me, unless the Greeks are dumb enough to think that they can plunder the # out of Turkey and win the war.

I see a huge fail coming and the rise of a "modern Ottoman empire"..
edit on 17-9-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Two of the smallest countries in the world, one of them about to go bankrupt, versus a country "full of warriors"...
Greece isn't even in the situation to war with Turkey.

Do you really think that the Greek population will fight for Israel in case of a war, when they now protest against their own government? Doesn't make much sense to me, unless the Greeks are dumb enough to think that they can plunder the # out of Turkey and win the war.

I see a huge fail coming and the rise of a "modern Ottoman empire"..
edit on 17-9-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

Dude those Turkish folks are no joke

edit on 17-9-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
lol, maybe the greeks might be able to afford to send help to the corrupt zionists in the form of pigeon post when the war mongering Israelis electronic communications go down, but I'd say that's about it.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
one of the best nostradamus interpretations i read said greece and turkey would be on opposite sides of wwiii

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
I must agree your views seem to be quite slanted toward Israel. Did they not jump on a boat and kill Turkey civilians. You cant sit there and say its ok cause Turkey has done bad things. Really what will Greece do are they they not in the midst of their own financial crisis. How will they fund a war with Turkey.

Second no matter how big the support from the US, Israel is not a NATO partner Turkey is. There will be some hard decisions in the near future and I feel it all begins with the Palestinian vote for statehood. The US needs to leave the veto alone and allow this nation to be born. China has already stated such as well. We should stay out of it and I agree.

This is what it is going to come down to. Either the U.S. breaks ties with NATO and goes its own way to help Israel, or they will break ties with Israel and leave Israel without any real allies in the region.

I'm putting my money on the U.S. breaking ties with Israel, because this is what happens in prophecy. Yeah Yeah Yeah, dog prophecy, but it hasnt lied yet. The U.S. cannot keep backing Israel if they keep picking fights with every other kid on the block, and Israel will come out swinging because right now they are feeling threatened enough to try to make allies with the greeks, who havent seen any real military power since the Peloponesian War roughly 2300+ years ago.

The U.S. will not be able to do anything but sit back and let Israel get their asses kicked because Russia and China are backing Iran, and we can't let this build up to WWIII which is exactly what will happen if Israel tries anything with Iran or any of its other neighboring countries. They are surrounded by enemies and these enemies are closing in for the kill. Israel has 2 options, declare full on war with everyone in the region or give up Jerusalem to the Muslim/Palestinians and that aint going to happen. Israel will declare war and every country around them at the same time before they give up Jerusalem, and the best time to attack is right now while all these countries are embroiled in civil war and social and economic upheaval.

The best time to attack your enemies is when they are weak and slow to react, you make a surgical strike at the precise time and you behead your enemies before they even know what is going on and that is exactly what they will do if pushed to it. Israel returned to the holy land after being scattered for 2000 years and they will not give up what they see as belonging to them by divine right. in the end there will be no peaceful solution to them, because this fight goes all the way back to Isaac and Ishamel and underneath the exterior that is what this fighting is subconciously about.
edit on 17-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Issac and Ishmael hey?
Geeze thanks for that crucial piece of info.
And here i thought the war would be over the huge deposits of natural gas and oil in Isreali and Cyriot waters.
If Turkey goes after Syria, which may just happen, then Isreal will probably go for Lebanon.
The Lebanese have also some stake in the huge N gas field too.
With the reserves set to be called up sunday, the isrealis are taking no chances whatsoever.
They will have a full combat squadron manned on the runways contiuously too.....Turkey may have a surprise comming, as Isreal definately will nuke her enemies if the war gets going badly for them.
There is no doubt in my mind at all about that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Greeks vs the Middle East

Silly Persian's, they just don't know when to give it up. Plus, if you bring Greece to the fight, you bring the European Union to the fight. United States, the European Union (GERMANY), Israel, Japan, South Korea vs China, Russia, North Korea and the several Middle Eastern countries, I'll play those odd's in Israel's favor all day.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
turkey attacks israel and the greeks go fight them. turkish casualties: 100,000's greek casualties: 100,000's
israeli casualties: 0.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Let's not forget what happens to Persians and Turks when they get too confident in attacking Greece. The Greeks may seem passive but when they need to they will all fight as one.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yeah Yeah Yeah, dog prophecy, but it hasnt lied yet.

Prove it. What part has come true?

None of it. No biblical prophecy has ever come to pass. They are always in the future. They'll always be in the future. A future that doesn't exist and will never exist.

Put that bedouin sheepherder manuscript away. There are better books around these days, because you know, humanity has progressed in 2,000 years. I know, shocker.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Let's not forget what happens to Persians and Turks when they get too confident in attacking Greece. The Greeks may seem passive but when they need to they will all fight as one.

Ottoman Empire? Byzantium? Achaemenid Dynasty? The Huns?

Greece has a long history of being conquered by Turkey and Persia. And the land of Israel is a historical doormat. History will not be denied.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Originally posted by Fromabove

Ottoman Empire? Byzantium? Achaemenid Dynasty? The Huns?

Greece has a long history of being conquered by Turkey and Persia. And the land of Israel is a historical doormat. History will not be denied.

shhh... he only watched frank miller's 300...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yeah Yeah Yeah, dog prophecy, but it hasnt lied yet.

Prove it. What part has come true?

None of it. No biblical prophecy has ever come to pass. They are always in the future. They'll always be in the future. A future that doesn't exist and will never exist.

Put that bedouin sheepherder manuscript away. There are better books around these days, because you know, humanity has progressed in 2,000 years. I know, shocker.

If you say so bro. You don't know as much as you think you do Mr. "Jesus is santa claus for adults", you can keep knowing it all right till the end and it still wont save you. Wish i could say i'll miss you when we get the call to leave, but i wont remember you or even care.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

LOL Greece? I'm suprised they have enough money to even fill up the tanks of their ships. Turkey is not goin to back down there not afraid of greece or israel....or should i say ISafakerael
edit on 17-9-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
turkey attacks israel and the greeks go fight them. turkish casualties: 100,000's greek casualties: 100,000's
israeli casualties: 0.

Then you woke up!

edit on 17-9-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join