It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has advised the public not to touch any debris

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"NASA space junk experts have refined the forecast for the anticipated death plunge of a giant satellite, with the U.S. space agency now predicting the 6 1/2-ton climate probe will plummet to Earth around Sept. 23, a day earlier than previously reported. "

“Re-entry is expected Sept. 23, plus or minus a day. The re-entry of UARS is advancing because of a sharp increase in solar activity since the beginning of this week,”

how does solar activity make a defunct satellite come down sooner than expected...

and why in the heck can't i touch the charred remains?

if it lands in my yard i sure a heck am going to play with it

as soon as i roast some marshmallows over it of course

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
edit on 17-9-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Hell yes, we have several bags of marshmallows to roast over a piece of burning debris! I'll poke and play with it, if I get magical timelord powers or turn into a reptilian, I'll let y'all know.
I'll wear gloves, I'll enter the sitution with the doctor's curious mind and torchwood's common sense. I'll have a dusk mask.
If that piece of debris falls through my roof, we'll sue. I'm pretty sure the feds will have to pay you if their property falls through your home.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

And risk being infected by some mutated super bug that causes the zombie Apocalypse? Meh, wear some gloves at least.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

If it lands in my yard, I own it!!

come take it, mosumpthins or sumthins.

I guess...........

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

any super bug that could withstand the burn of entering the atmosphere is probably more like... a super-DUPER bug.

i have probably had dates that were more questionable.

i can't imagine anything on the satellite could be more toxic than all the crap we breathe/drink/eat daily anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
so is there any word on where they think it is going to land yet? will we be able to see it in the sky from anywhere in the world?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

." NASA officials expect the UARS satellite to fall over a region somewhere between the latitudes of northern Canada and southern South America, which leaves a vast swath of the world open as a possible re-entry point"

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
because you mind find something classified

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Im thinking ebay or some other auction site!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Thats cool. So something is going to happen around the 23rd of September? I have been reading all the different post regarding the 23rd of September and maybe we will see something. Earth quakes, alignment, satellite and elenin?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I can not see anything about it, but perhaps it has some kind of nuclear energy source in it?
And if not, what can be dangerous then...? I only se classified tech to be the reason to keep people from touching it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

NASA rep: Did you witness any debris within close proximity of your residence?

Me: That sure woulda been cool if I did!

Long period of eye contact as I play stupid....

Nasa rep: Ok. Let us know if you see anything.

Me: Will do, guy.

Closes door and heads back to make smores over our new coffee table from space...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
They can have their damned piece of junk back.....as soon as I strip the gold insulation off of it. That's probably why they don't want us to touch it, at least until the price of gold goes back down.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
some more bs,link to me a reputable site then I'll believe it

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

This is obviously an alien probe that was sent from another star system and NASA knows it is going to land. They want to get to it before anyone else does.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Have they told the debris not to touch me?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
itll probably radiactive or summin so i wouldnt go near it, guaranteed someones gunna say its an alien cover up tho lol

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I was watching "Andromeda strain" earlier today and for those of you who haven't seen it,the story:

A satellite fell to a remote area,some kids are carrying it back to town,the sat carries a virus and they all die.

I agree that it's propably radioactive or the high temperature from the re-entry might cause serious burns.

guaranteed someones gunna say its an alien cover up

It's an alien cover up.There i said it

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
dont need nasa to tell me not to touch or take anything from a satellite in space thats fell to earth

that has been bombard with radiation for who knows how long and the possiblity of nuclear batteries

etc.

this is common sense stuff
edit on 18-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
some more bs,link to me a reputable site then I'll believe it

Fox News - "65 Ton Defunct satellite falling to Earth faster than expected" NASA says
I know reputable is in question, but I'm just amazed this isn't getting much attention here on ATS - I only heard about it this morning - this thread is 2 days old - where are the doomsayers and the paranoia!!!

its aliens I tell ya!!!

seriously though, they knew it was coming back in 2005 I think the article said... and there was an ATS thread from 2008.... then this comes up... I don't know if they're all related or not ...

something to watch though IMHO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join